“Confortable and convenient near Wichita airport” 4 of 5 stars

Book Early and Save!
Ranked #8 of 84 Hotels in Wichita
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Orleans, France
“Confortable and convenient near Wichita airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

Good value. I always enjoy to stay at this hotel. It's very convenient when you travel from/to Wichita and want to stay close to the airport because of early departure or late arrival. You get all you can expect from a Double Tree hotel. The restaurant is good and I like the buffet for breakfast.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Turkish first
Philadelphia PA, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

My stay at your hotel was terrible. I stayed at a Hilton because I was in Wichita for a very important meeting presentation for my company There were drunk guests wandering the property corridors and rooms throughout my stay with little concern by your staff At 3AM I was awakened by a party in the room next to me They 5-6 loud drunken people partying in the room I called security who came to the room. Within 20 minutes these guests wandered the corridors screamin and talking load until 6 AM. My co-worker was on another floor and she had the same problems. As a female who did not travel before she was afraid these drunks were going to come into her room. I asked the front desk the next day to change rooms. The woman there seemed bothered by my request and treated me like i should accept drunk and rowdy behavior at from 3AM - 6AM I was exhauseted and un prepared for my presentation the next day I am sending a letter to Hilton Headquarters along with my honors card

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Sheri D, Director of Sales at DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
I would like to apologize for the noise inconvenience you experienced on
your recent stay. We try to make each guest experience at our hotel a great one and your satisfaction is important to us! Thank you for bringing this to our attention
as this will be addressed with the staff.
I sincerely hope you’ll give us another opportunity to exceed your expectations on a future trip to Wichita.
Topeka, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed here late October, 2013 and attended a conference. Rooms were typical 2 bed, desk, TV and chair. Bathroom did seem slightly more bigger than usual, not so cramped/cluttered. Restaurant/Bar in lobby, served better than average buffet for lunch. Service and staff were hospitable. Conference/Ball rooms were nice atmosphere for the conference. Most restaurants within 10 minute drive.

Only downfall is that this is across the street from the Wichita Airport. And I don't mean the typical mile or two away across the street. You can almost see the pilots in the cockpits of planes at the gates. You hear a lot of plane noise if you have trouble sleeping with noise.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Great location. Directly across from the airport. Staff was pleasant and the room was very comfortable and very clean. Even thought at the airport, it was surprisingly quiet. One drawback was the lack of the avaiability of a very early breakfast delivery to the room. It does not start until 7 am. This could be a problem for those with early flights.

Queretaro, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have stayed in many hotels over the years on business trips, I have stayed in other hotels in the Wichita area, the double tree, is my number 1 choice in Wichita, the shuttle service provided means I do not need a car. The staff and facilitied are excellent, the Legends restaurant is everything I need for dinner and breakfast. I would prefer the option of breakfast in Legends rather than the aviators club.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Staff is friendly & helpful. Shuttle to the Airport is a plus. You can have a wonderful evening without leaving the hotel. Legends restaurant is wonderful. We always stay at the Double tree when we have to fly out early in the morning.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Aurora
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

What impressed me the most about my stay at the DoubleTree by Hilton in Wichita, were the many positive comments made by staff about managers. I met the general manager, Michael Phipps, and was impressed because he was behind the scenes with so many aspects of the event in which I was involved. The banquet team, front desk, housekeepers, bar and restaurant staff and shuttle drivers were equally personable and efficient. All of them, when I complimented them on their work, referred to the high standards set by Mr. Phipps and by their own direct managers, and what a pleasure it was to work with Mr. Phipps. Those kind of comments are rare and go a long way toward explaining why everything was done right. This will be my place to stay in Wichita, from now on.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Wichita Airport? Share your experiences!