“A wonderful surprise in a great neighborhood” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview - Wichita

You added Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview - Wichita to your Saves list
Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview - Wichita
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   400 West Douglas Avenue, Wichita, KS 67202 (Formerly Radisson)   |
Offers & Announcements
Free Hot Breakfast & Wifi
Ranked #2 of 84 Hotels in Wichita
Alaska
“A wonderful surprise in a great neighborhood”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Having never been to Wichita, I didn't know what to expect. Our conference organizer chose the Drury Plaza Hotel Broadview and it was a winner! The meeting rooms were very good, with good sound, lighting and seating. The local convention center is across the street, museums and stadiums are close by, and the airport is a free 10 minute ride away. The hotel is a classic. A beautiful piece of architecture renovated to offer a great stay in a luxurious, yet friendly atmosphere. Head and shoulders above the generic buildings constructed in the last 50 years, harkening back to when a hotel stay was more than a bed and tv. The entire hotel was spotless and looked brand new. The room keys and security were up to date. Each room has HD tv and the building has free WiFi. The bed was comfortable, the room was roomy and quiet, there was plenty of hot water. During my week's stay, I noticed that everyone felt at home in the hotel, lingering to chat or relax in the large lobby. The business center has two printers, so you can leave for the airport with boarding pass in hand. The hotel staff was over-the-top when it came to friendliness and service. Special mention should be made of the free food! While many hotels offer a free breakfast, it can often be a letdown. Not here. Each morning they had free eggs, sausage, potatoes, oatmeal, fruit, pancakes, fresh whole fruit, yogurt, drinks and juices, salsa and cheese, and more. At no extra cost. In the evening, again at no cost, guests can have free drinks, and enjoy a buffet of foods such as hot dogs, nachos, salad, fresh carrots and dip, pasta, meatballs and a baked potato bar. Later, guests can enjoy free fresh popcorn. There is also a restaurant in the building.
The front desk staff were extremely friendly and accommodating. The breakfast and evening buffet staff on the mezzanine deserve special mention for their wonderful attitude, starting and ending guests' days with a smile.
The hotel is on the Arkansas River which is lined with a great walking path leading to parks and museums. During a late night walk we saw fish, birds and otters in the river. Douglas Avenue leads to the Delano shopping area, street sculpture and cafe's, as well as the Old Town entertainment and restaurant district. I especially enjoyed Anna Murdoc's Cafe a few blocks away at 209 E. William Street and Mead's Corner Coffeehouse at 430 East Douglas.

Room Tip: All rooms are great. The view overlooking the river is especially nice.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Cedar Park, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I have never stayed at any Drury hotel and I was pleasantly surprised with this property. The recently renovated property is very charming with a hint of elegance about it. The highlight of this property is the rooms. Nicely appointed and very comfortable. I could stay in the bed all day. It was very, very comfortable.

Though cleaning was slow (Room not done until around 3pm) it was done very thoroughly. I could tell that love and care was given around every nook in the room.

The amenities at the hotel are second to none. You can't beat the free wi-fi, free breakfast and the free kick back with the drinks and what could be a dinner. You also can't beat the service provided by Costello. He was the bartender and was one of the friendliest people at the property that I met. He greeted me everyday and made sure that everything was going well with my stay. Though I never saw it publicized, AVI, the restaurant attached to the hotel provides room service. Parking was also easy and along with the hotel, very secure. This has now become my hotel of choice when visiting Wichita.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
KS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

I stayed here one night for a business meeting. Check in was so easy. Staff extremely friendly. The parking garage across the street was $8 a day which seems a little much with lots of parking lots around the hotel. However, no one parks in the others lots so it does not seem safe to park there. The hotel offers nice gathering spaces and beautiful windows and views.
My room was very clean and nicely arranged. It had a regular hair dryer instead of one on the wall which I like better. My room was quiet. There was a refrigerator and microwave in the room which I did not use but in other travel times I would have really appreciated them.
Breakfast was good and staff was extremely friendly in getting dishes cleared and tables cleared. Would highly recommend a stay here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Filley, Ne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed here over the labor day weekend and it was a great experience. Our room was a comfortable size (bathroom very large). First stop was the free drink and food happy hour. Wow what a great selection of food-much better than anything at embassy suites (though I like them), three free adult drinks which i though was actually smart to limit it a bit. We than swam in the pool which was nice but not spectacular-it was a beautiful night so the outdoor hot tub was very enjoyable. We did eat in the hotel restraunt and it was very good. Comfortable beds to sleep in. The next morning the free breakfast was very good. Large selection of hot and cold dishes. I hate to admit it but I can't remember names but the hotel employee who was in charge of the evening hour and breakfast was a joy! He made the stay even better. We were in Whicita for a star wars exhibit at exploration place and this was right around the cornor. Would definately recommend.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Maui, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

been to broadview for meals and jazz before. place always looked quite dated.

stayed at drury-Wonderful!! full huge free breakfast! free wifi! free hot food/drinks at happy hour! rooms are renovated and clean. good service. easy location to get to all in wichita. will be back

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boscobel, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Four older gals from Wisconsin stayed here. The Drury experience is always a good one but this hotel was the cleanest and most comfortable I've stayed in. My only complaint was the slippery floor around the pool. We came in from the outdoor hot-tub and I fell although I was being careful. I would suggest some type of mat or rougher surface. One of our party commented on the security, we felt completely safe. The staff was very accomodating and extremely friendly. Will definitely stay if I'm ever in the area again. Missed out on the evening 'happy hour' but the breakfast buffet was definitely 'the best'. Thinking of joining the Drury Rewards Club.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Topeka, KS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

My family and I stayed at this property this past weekend. We had traveled to Wichita to see a performance of The Lion King, and this hotel was literally across the street from the performance venue. It was ideal... we were able to utilize the hotel parking garage and walk just a few feet to the show, while other were scrambling for parking at the event's parking lot. (I overheard the lady next to me state that she had to walk 3/4 of a mile from where she could park). I also realized that the cast of the show all were staying at this hotel, as well. Smart!

The hotel itself has a lot of history. However, it was recently rennovated and now has a nice mixture of modern conveniences and finishes, while holding onto some of the incredible architecture (especially the amazingly detailed ceilings). We took advantage of the evening reception that night where we enjoyed a hot dogs, chilli, baked potatoes, nachos, popcorn and beverages - all as a part of our stay. Very nice. That place was hopping! It was a college game night and some of the other patrons were already in a celebratory mood and had obviously been drinking already, so the area did get very, very loud. However, the staff was amazing and were quick to visit with us, help us, and clear our tables.

We were lucky enough to get a suite up on the 8th floor. Our room opened up into a living space with a full kitchenette and bathroom. Then there was a staircase that led to a bedroom loft. Our teen used the sleeper sofa on the main level, and my hubby and I enjoyed the loft "master bedroom suite". The furnishings and decor were lovely. There was a huge tub in the master bath. Our teen declared that the pillows were the best she'd ever slept on. The only drawback to this set up was that while we had visual privacy in the loft, any noise any of us made could be heard throughout the room. So while our teen thought she'd be able to watch tv after we went to bed, the sound and light from the screen were as if it was also in our room.

The next morning, we again took advantage of the complimentary breakfast of scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy and all sorts of cereals and breads. The same staff who worked the night before were working again that morning and remembered us. The chef made our teen a very sweet "Mickey Mouse" style pancake which was a big hit!

After breakfast, we walked around the property which was beautifully landscaped and took some fun photos. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family