“Good at the price” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 79 hotels in Wichita
Exton, Pennsylvania
“Good at the price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel is currently undergoing some extensive remodelling of the public areas but that did not affect my stay too much. The bar/restaurant was pleasant enough and the food was excellent value. Service throughout the hotel was outstanding, especially on reception and in the restaurant. I will definitely be back once the construction work is done.

124 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

This was my first time at the Wichita Marriott, but it won't be my last stay. I really enjoyed my time. The check in was great, the room was very nice with a wonderful view, and the executive lounge was also great. The staff at the lounge was great both in the evening and also the morning. The view from the lounge was great. I really enjoyed the path around the pond. After a long drive it was good to have a nice relaxing walk before settling into the evening activities.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view--high floor.
Beloit, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I have had multiple stays due to business conferences held at the hotel and all have been very nice. On my most recent trip I left behind a jacket in a banquet room. I called the hotel and left a message with loss prevention. A staff member named John was so helpful with calling me and letting me he was looking for it. After two update calls, I finally received a call that he had located it! Its a very nice hotel with excellent staff.

irivng
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I had a great stay at this hotel and the check in process is quick, staff was really well comming. I booked the smallest room and it has a large bright bathrooms, big closets, and a desk which is very comfortable for my work. AC is super cold and had an comfortable time being there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Hotel staff was very professional and friendly. The rooms are slightly dated, but some of the nicest I have stayed at in Wichita when considering all things such as cleanliness, noise, and etc. The hotel lobby was under renovation, but this did not disturb my stay. They have a nice pool and a decent trail west of the west that makes a loop right over 1 mile.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I visited in 2012 and again in Sept 2013. Construction in progress and while the staff was friendly, it remains an older property. Weak A/C in the rooms, with older control units, small showers and older bathrooms (I stayed on Floor 10). Use of personnel efficiently was a question also, as this affected the customer experience. Being a Platinum member, I rely on the Executive Lounge for AM breakfast and one Friday, a sign was taped to the door "Lounge Closed." It appears the lounge girl called in sick and no other employee in the entire hotel could perform lounge duties.

Lounge (when open...) was not the level I would expect from a mainline Marriott with the red Marriott logo mounted to the side of the building, it was small and unorganized. Guests were expected to clean up their dirty tables and put all the plates onto a tray.

Employees at the hotel, seemed great however, treated me great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Wichita_Marriott, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Wichita, responded to this review, October 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with TA regarding your visit to our Wichita Marriott Hotel. I also wanted to take this opportunity to write to you and to thank you for choosing the Wichita Marriott Hotel as your home away from home when you travel to Wichita, Kansas.

Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the problems that you experienced with the Concierge Lounge not being open. Please know that your utter disappointment our hotel is not taken lightly; the problems that you encountered are totally unacceptable and absolutely not reflective of the rigorous service excellence training in which our associates and managers enthusiastically engage. Our training programs are designed to be a reflection of our guests' own priorities of excellence, optimism, and professionalism. Our highest mission is to provide genuine care, empathy, and compassion while always striving to exceed the expectations of our guests.

I am positively thrilled to let you know that as part of the hotel’s multi-million dollar renovation project this year we will be relocating the Concierge Lounge from our 11th floor to our Lobby level in accordance with our overall Lobby Re-Invention and Marriott Greatroom execution. The goal for the design of this lobby-level Club Lounge is to offer enhanced physical spaces, food and beverage experience, technology amenities, and our signature hosting experience to our valued guests. These components work together to provide our guests with an executive level of service in a supportive and flexible environment.

Our guest’s experience will be greatly enhanced by elevating Marriott Rewards Members’ status in the hotel and giving those honored guests’ exclusive access through a members-only entrance into the Lounge which will be much larger than our current Lounge. Relocating the Lounge to the main floor provides an opportunity for a more spacious experience for our guests. The close proximity of the newly relocated lounge will provide our guests with access to the Marriott Greatroom buffet and bar areas and will make available to our honored guests a more diverse variety of food and beverage offerings.

We are so very sorry that the construction was a hindrance to you during your stay with us. We are anxious to get this process finished as quickly as possible so that we can enjoy our beautiful brand newly renovated hotel.

We are now in Phase Three of our 5.9 Million Dollar total first floor renovation and lobby transformation. The new Marriott Greatroom will engage the senses in highly adaptable public spaces which will feature amazing new food & beverage options, technology, enhanced service and ambiance. Our new Marriott Greatroom will provide a fluid environment with multiple areas that will offer our guests complete freedom to make their experience personal and uniquely their own.

Marriott Team Wichita
Goessel, ks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times over the past 30 years and it's like meeting an dear old friend for a cup of coffee; that's as good as it gets for business travelers. Yes the entire first floor is undergoing a renovation so there's noise and work in progress, but the staff is VERY well aware of it and they go above and beyond to ensure guests still have a pleasant experience. The only thing to be aware of is if you're planning to work in the room during the day, it can be a bit noisy but that is really the only issue I experienced.

Check-in was very fast, my requested room on the rewards profile wasn't available which he apologized for but that wasn't necessary -- this trip was last minute and I gave them all of an hour's notice! From that moment on for the next three days I was called by name, greeted by every single employee, and basically treated like a queen. It's very rare to not want to leave a business trip and return home but if ever that was the case, it's at this hotel.

The restaurant managers, both day and evening, are absolutely fantastic and the service is the best I've ever had - friendly, not forced, but genuinely wanting to help make the guest's stay comfortable. I have some unusual requests at times due to personal preference and dietary needs but not a single request was met with anything other than, "Of course! Not a problem at all!" I'm telling you, it really is that awesome to stay here.

The fitness room is well equipped, swimming pool temp was comfortable, and the hot tub was wonderful. My room was spotlessly clean, the best was fantastic, and the water pressure was great. My only, and I mean ONLY, request for improvement would be the bathroom lighting because it's pretty low and I'd prefer a brighter light for applying makeup. I utilized the business center and was in contact with the front desk for faxing - top notch all the way.

The renovation is bittersweet for me as I'm of an age to value the classic well appointed decor of the lobby which I hate to see go by the wayside to be replaced with the modern style and great room that hotels are moving towards. I *like* the quality and appearance of the grand old lobby, but I certainly realize I'm in the minority for today's traveler. One thing is certain though, the heart of a hotel is the staff and I've no doubt that the decor of the lobby isn't going to change the outstanding staff at this location. I hope they all know how much the guests appreciate them.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Wichita? Share your experiences!