“Thanks!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #27 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
Urbana, Ohio
“Thanks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

I booked the wrong week. When I arrived it happened to be on a day they were almost full. They got me into a room in 5 minutes and honored the great price I had for the next week. They didn't have to do that - they could have easily charged me full price. Staff was professional and friendly. Room was clean and comfortable, which is why I am a Marriott person. Thanks!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Chicago, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

wonderful stay at the Marriott Wichita. the lobby was sparkling, the sheets crisp, and the service sharp. wake up every morning, take a swim (towels provided), then enjoy a cup of coffee at the Cinnabar Cafe over the newspaper (complimentary). wish I could have stayed longer.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times. The only place they need is a new concierge. They have a lot of elite member guests and both times I was in there on this last trip, you couldn't even move around. The staff is great. Parking can be a bit tricky if they have anything going on in their conference rooms. They did have a bunch of cars broken into the last night I stayed there. Not that it was their fault, but be careful!

Stayed January 2013
Wichita_Marriott, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Wichita, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Thank you so very much for taking the time to share your comments with Trip Advisor.

I am excited to let you know that as part of the hotel’s multi-million dollar renovation project this year we will be relocating the Concierge Lounge from our 11th floor to our Lobby level as part of our overall Lobby Re-invention and Greatroom execution.

Our guest’s experience will be greatly enhanced by elevating Marriott Rewards Members’ status in the hotel and giving those honored guests exclusive access through a members-only entrance into the Lounge which will be much larger than our current Lounge.

Relocating the Lounge to the main floor provides an opportunity for a more spacious experience for our guests. The close proximity of the newly relocated lounge will provide our guests with access to the Greatroom buffet and bar areas and will make available to our honored guests a more diverse variety of food and beverage offerings.

The goal for the design of this lobby-level Club Lounge is to offer enhanced physical spaces, food and beverage experience, technology amenities, and our signature hosting experience to our valued guests. These components work together to provide our guests with an executive level of service in a supportive and flexible environment.

We look very forward to showcasing our brand new Club Lounge and look forward to being of service to you very soon.

Most Sincerely,
orlando, florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Stayed for a week in December 2012. Would not honor my request for a quiet room away from the elevators. Also, would not honor my request for the executive level. Club level lounge was very small but the staff did their best to make up this limitations.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wichita_Marriott, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Wichita, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent visit to our Wichita Marriott Hotel. I also wanted to take this opportunity to write to you and to thank you for choosing the Wichita Marriott Hotel as your home away from home when you travel to Wichita, Kansas.

Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the problems that you experienced with our Concierge Lounge being closed. Absolutely a complimentary breakfast should have been provided to you. I have addressed your comments in meticulous detail with our Executive Committee Team Managers. Your utter disappointment our hotel is not taken lightly; the problems that you encountered are totally unacceptable and absolutely not reflective of the rigorous service excellence training in which our associates and managers so enthusiastically engage. Our training programs are designed to be a reflection of our guests' own priorities of excellence, optimism, and professionalism. Our highest mission is to provide genuine care, empathy, and compassion while always exceeding the expectations of our guests, especially in the Concierge Lounge which provides us with the ultimate opportunity to enhance the experience for our most valued guests.

I wanted to let you know that magnificent improvements and upgrades to our hotel are on the way as this year our lobby will undergo a 3.9 million dollar complete renovation and will be transformed into a more modern yet comfortable and inviting area that guests can use in different ways throughout the day and evening. The Lobby Reinvented will engage the senses, with music, scent, and lighting to create a different atmosphere and mood at different times of the day. It will feature comfortable seating that can be easily grouped together, wireless connectivity and AC power as well as access to food and beverage throughout the day and evening. The Day/Night Bar in the Social Business Zone will adapt to guests’ needs throughout the day. Light breakfast items and coffee will be available in the morning and cocktails and snacks will be available during the late afternoon and evening hours, The Day/Night Bar will be a working food and beverage zone during the day and then transform to a full service bar in the evening. Along with the new re-invented lobby, we will also be offering brand new food and beverage options.

In addition to remodeling the entire lobby we will be renovating all of our meeting, banquet and pre-assembly spaces as well as adding additional 5000 square feet of much needed meeting space.

On behalf of all of the associates of the Wichita Marriott I would like to say that we sincerely thank you for your confidence in our ability to serve you and deeply appreciate you as our guest.

Please accept our deepest and most heartfelt apologies to you.

Most Sincerely,

Marriott Team Wichita
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

stayed for a week in December 2012 associated with a meeting. Hotel is easy to find and convenient to Wichita and surrounding area. The hotel itself is build in an office corporate park and with lots of other hotel chain properties. I asked to be checked in early and this was granted but I was placed near the elevator. I didn't think this would be an issue but turns out the elevator shafts and equipment were someone noisy. Fortunately the HVAC allowed the fan to be on continuously and it drowned out the other noise. The structure is old but I found the furnishing and rooms to be Marriott standard. I had issues with the hot water (would stay hot). After calling the front desk, the maintenance staff response was fairly quick but he did not listen as well as he should have and suggested that the problem did not exist. Turns out I figured out the nuanced way to manipulate the hot/cold settings on the showerhead to maintain hot water (mostly) and continued my stay in the room. The club level was acceptable but VERY small. Host and hostess in the club level were attentive and professional. Note that during my staff the level was full and the hostess offered those people coming in coupons to the downstairs restaurant - so elite members keep this in mind if you show up and no tables are available in the club. That practice I think is very commendable for this property. Housekeeping was very efficient and all employees expressed a great attitude. Had it not been for the staff, I would likely have rated my experience a 2 or 3 star.

Room Tip: room that face the west are "further" away from the highway so potentially less noisy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
St. Robert, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Convention meals were great. Meeting rooms sound was great and room temp very comfortable.
Elevators were very efficient. Internet work great and yes the room was comfortable, the only down side was the toilet paper was to far to reach form the bathroom.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I travel and stay in many hotels so feeling like I am at home is very important and these folks did an excellent job in all areas. The staff was pleasant and courteous. Housekeeping was very friendly and always seemed to be smiling. The hotel seemed very busy but the noise level was not noticeable at all so I appreciated this very much. As I said I travel a lot and have had my share of bad experiences and this was one of the most pleasant stays I have had. I did not eat in the restaurant so can't comment but I'm sure it was delightful as well, I did order room service and it was fine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to Marriott Wichita? Share your experiences!