“Older Property - maintenance issue but the staff is great” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #29 of 81 hotels in Wichita
Atlanta, Georgia
“Older Property - maintenance issue but the staff is great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

stayed for a week in December 2012 associated with a meeting. Hotel is easy to find and convenient to Wichita and surrounding area. The hotel itself is build in an office corporate park and with lots of other hotel chain properties. I asked to be checked in early and this was granted but I was placed near the elevator. I didn't think this would be an issue but turns out the elevator shafts and equipment were someone noisy. Fortunately the HVAC allowed the fan to be on continuously and it drowned out the other noise. The structure is old but I found the furnishing and rooms to be Marriott standard. I had issues with the hot water (would stay hot). After calling the front desk, the maintenance staff response was fairly quick but he did not listen as well as he should have and suggested that the problem did not exist. Turns out I figured out the nuanced way to manipulate the hot/cold settings on the showerhead to maintain hot water (mostly) and continued my stay in the room. The club level was acceptable but VERY small. Host and hostess in the club level were attentive and professional. Note that during my staff the level was full and the hostess offered those people coming in coupons to the downstairs restaurant - so elite members keep this in mind if you show up and no tables are available in the club. That practice I think is very commendable for this property. Housekeeping was very efficient and all employees expressed a great attitude. Had it not been for the staff, I would likely have rated my experience a 2 or 3 star.

Room Tip: room that face the west are "further" away from the highway so potentially less noisy
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
St. Robert, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Convention meals were great. Meeting rooms sound was great and room temp very comfortable.
Elevators were very efficient. Internet work great and yes the room was comfortable, the only down side was the toilet paper was to far to reach form the bathroom.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

I travel and stay in many hotels so feeling like I am at home is very important and these folks did an excellent job in all areas. The staff was pleasant and courteous. Housekeeping was very friendly and always seemed to be smiling. The hotel seemed very busy but the noise level was not noticeable at all so I appreciated this very much. As I said I travel a lot and have had my share of bad experiences and this was one of the most pleasant stays I have had. I did not eat in the restaurant so can't comment but I'm sure it was delightful as well, I did order room service and it was fine.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This is an older property with tired facilities. The employees have GREAT attitudes but the property that I chose to lay my head and sleep at night was less than optimal. Also, the executive lounge breakfast is a little disorganized and very small lounge. Minimal selection. Little to no cereals and the only thing to drink was orange juice in a pitcher. No other juices, or drinks.

Air conditioning units older and lethargic in rooms. Windows cannot be opened which would be nice option (no I am not going to jump).

Employees are GREAT, please do not blame them for a worn down property.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Wichita_Marriott, Guest Relations Manager at Marriott Wichita, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
I wanted to let you know that magnificent improvements and upgrades to our hotel are on the way as later this year our lobby and entire main level will undergo a 3.9 million dollar complete and total renovation and will be transformed into a more modern yet comfortable and inviting area that guests can use in different ways throughout the day and evening.

The Lobby Reinvented will engage the senses, with music, scent, and lighting to create a different atmosphere and mood at different times of the day. It will feature comfortable seating that can be easily grouped together, wireless connectivity and AC power as well as access to food and beverage throughout the day and evening. The Day/Night Bar in the Social Business Zone will adapt to guests’ needs throughout the day. Light breakfast items and coffee will be available in the morning and cocktails and snacks will be available during the late afternoon and evening hours, The Day/Night Bar will be a work and beverage zone during the day and then transform to a full service bar in the evening. Along with the new re-invented lobby, we will also be offering brand new food and beverage options.

In addition to remodeling the entire lobby we will be renovating all of our meeting, banquet and pre-assembly spaces as well as adding additional 5000 square feet of much needed meeting space.

We look forward to being of service to you in the future.
West Orange, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I am a business traveler and I am on the road 98% of the time. Therefore I look for the best hotels with all the ammenities.

Long story short, nice hotel, great staff! But the food needs improvement!!! I was served raw chicken, and under cooked steak!!!

As you know this is a big NO, NO in the food industry. Please improve your food and food service.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

The kids and I stayed here for our end of 2012 summer road trip. We drove 2.5 hours from KC to Wichita. We were pleasantly surprised to find a very nice Marriott hotel that had a great indoor/outdoor swimming pool that the kids loved! It was located close to some shopping and very close to the highway so it met our needs. I didnt get to use it but they had a very decent workout facility that was facing the pool.

The restaurant and bar there was very nice and the service was friendly and quick.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

Made reservations for this Marriott on Priceline. Best advertised price was $114 per night, I was able to get it for $60. It was I and two of my brothers with significant others, when we checked in, they put us all on the same floor within a room or two of each other. Lobby was very nice, had the looks of an upscale hotel and the rooms while a little on the small side were very nicely decorated and didn't look worn or outdated at all. We had a king size bed which was very comfortable and had nice linens. This hotel also offered free wireless internect connections. I would probably have rated this hotel a 3.5 to 4 star if it weren't for couple of things which involved cleaning of the room. Just after we arrived, I noticed a band aid that had been rolled up tightly as though it had not been sucked up by the vacuum. It blended right in with the carpet so I could see how it might but be overlooked but.........! Next I was bending over to pick something up off the floor and saw a tube of chap stick type stuff under one of the night stands. Not that it was a big deal but if they missed something this obvious........? Overall, it was a good experience and I would have no problem staying here again, especially at this price!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Marriott Wichita? Share your experiences!