I have traveled all over the world. I have stayed in fabulous hotels and not so fabulous hotels but one of the best hotel experiences I ever had was La Quinta Inn in Wichita, Kansas. I had just returned from Albania when I had to hop a flight to Kansas for a family event with my mom. Needless to say I was exhausted (I'll admit to being cranky here, but don't tell my mom) and I wasn't looking forward to my stay in Wichita. How comfortable could this hotel be for the price we were paying? Well, let me tell you. La Quinta was fabulous. From the minute we walked in, it was all about us. We were registered promptly by smiling personnel who seemed truly to be delighted we were there. The lobby was not grand, but the bouquet of what appeared to be homegrown flowers on the table, the comfortable couches and chairs sort of made me feel like I had walked into someone's home.
Past the restaurant (where we would have an included breakfast and where we could get a glass of wine in the evening) we walked down nondescript hallways covered with ever-so-practical office type carpeting. We opened the door to our room and fell in love. The beds were luxurious (three pillows no less) and nicely decorated. There was a microwave, refrigerator and an easy chair for reading. The big treat for two women sharing a room was the extra sink just outside the bathroom in the small foyer. The room was big and quiet and exactly what the doctor ordered.
It was all the lovely people who worked at this particular La Quinta, however, who made the experience so marvelous. When my mother misunderstood that breakfast ended at 10 and we arrived a full hour after the restaurant closed, the young lady cleaning up allowed us to sneak in for some cereal and muffins. She even brought us milk so we didn't have to use up the small creamers. When it was time to go to the airport, the woman who drove the bus was at our disposal - didn't matter when we wanted to go.
Thank you La Quinta. You have a customer for life. When I am traveling on business I know where I'll stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Conveniently located and newly renovated, La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita is just two miles from the Wichita Mid-Continent Airport and minutes from downtown, and area business, attractions, shopping and dining. Our 24/7 complimentary shuttle services areas within a three-mile radius of the hotel. While here, seal the deal in either of our 4 meeting rooms, stay connected with our full business center, pump it up in our fully-equipped fitness center, then go for a refreshing swim in the heated indoor pool, or mellow your senses in the bubbling Jacuzzi. In addition to free high-speed Internet access, each comfortable guest room features a microwave oven, refrigerator, recliner, coffee maker, hairdryer, iron with ironing board and other convenient amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, LaQuinta, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Wichita Airport
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita Airport Hotel Wichita
- La Quinta Wichita
- Wichita La Quinta