“More Than You Pay For” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
Palos Verdes Estates, California
“More Than You Pay For”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I have traveled all over the world. I have stayed in fabulous hotels and not so fabulous hotels but one of the best hotel experiences I ever had was La Quinta Inn in Wichita, Kansas. I had just returned from Albania when I had to hop a flight to Kansas for a family event with my mom. Needless to say I was exhausted (I'll admit to being cranky here, but don't tell my mom) and I wasn't looking forward to my stay in Wichita. How comfortable could this hotel be for the price we were paying? Well, let me tell you. La Quinta was fabulous. From the minute we walked in, it was all about us. We were registered promptly by smiling personnel who seemed truly to be delighted we were there. The lobby was not grand, but the bouquet of what appeared to be homegrown flowers on the table, the comfortable couches and chairs sort of made me feel like I had walked into someone's home.

Past the restaurant (where we would have an included breakfast and where we could get a glass of wine in the evening) we walked down nondescript hallways covered with ever-so-practical office type carpeting. We opened the door to our room and fell in love. The beds were luxurious (three pillows no less) and nicely decorated. There was a microwave, refrigerator and an easy chair for reading. The big treat for two women sharing a room was the extra sink just outside the bathroom in the small foyer. The room was big and quiet and exactly what the doctor ordered.

It was all the lovely people who worked at this particular La Quinta, however, who made the experience so marvelous. When my mother misunderstood that breakfast ended at 10 and we arrived a full hour after the restaurant closed, the young lady cleaning up allowed us to sneak in for some cereal and muffins. She even brought us milk so we didn't have to use up the small creamers. When it was time to go to the airport, the woman who drove the bus was at our disposal - didn't matter when we wanted to go.

Thank you La Quinta. You have a customer for life. When I am traveling on business I know where I'll stay.

Room Tip: They have a great workout room. Is glass-walled and opens onto the main hallway but if you don't...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
lakeenta, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this review, May 9, 2012
Ms. Rebecca Forster,
First of all thankyou for staying here in Wichita and choosing my Hotel to relax at! I very much appreciate all you commnets and will continue to work at earning your business. I will share your comments with my staff so we can continue to install the passion to "be here" four all our Guests!

Micheal E Aaron GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Olathe, Ks
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2012

Older hotel with 5 floors. Nice indoor pool area with sliding glass doors all around to give you that outdoor feel yet the indoor comforts. Nice change from the cookie cutter indoor pools of the newer hotel styles. They have fenced off an area for dogs which is really nice and convenient for guests. Tons of grass {although mole ravaged} for them to exercise. Rooms were huge when compared to the newer hotels around. Wonderful fridge/microwave/dresser entertainment cabinet. Beds were not queen & only doubles. Good hot shower. Breakfast was lacking though compared to other LQ we have stayed at. Waffle & small pastries, toast, juice, coffee however if you are there Mon- Thur - there supposedly is more of a hot breakfast with sausage/gravy/bisuits. Geared for business travelers at the airport hotel instead of their weekend guests. Might just be the location. Clean rooms, linens. Lost 5 stars due to breakfast lacking.

Room Tip: many rooms are adjoining - ours had 2 doors to connect with either side.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
lakeenta, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this review, April 11, 2012
We are pet friendly as all LaQuinta's are!!!I'am pleased you enjoyed your stay...Please visit again!
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Boy, Wichita fills early during the week, We usually stay at La Quinta anyway but all
they had was a two double bed, we prefer a King, so we checked around and went back to La Quinta, excellent as usual, good beds, ate at the onsite restaurant because it is very confusing the roads in the area, very good food and decent pricing.
excellent breakfast in the dining room, hot bisquits and gravy, breakfast burrito an fruit etc.
Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

This place was absolutely more comfortable than the Howard Johnson Hotel across Kellogg and was only a few dollars more on a discount hotel website. I wish I had stayed here from the beginning. The hotel is a bit dated (Formerly Holiday Inn Wichita-Airport) but it is maintained well and my room was clean and comfortable. The rooms are not spacious and the TV hasn't been updated to a flat panel but I was comfortable and very satisfied with my stay here.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Holden, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

My first time at this LaQuinta, the staff was helpful and friendly and the room was clean. There was nothing special about this location, but there was nothing really negative either. I would stay there again, I guess I can say it wasn't great, but it was OK. I wouldn't recommend eating at the restaurant Flyers, open from 5 to 10. I ate dinner there, I had the Tuesday special, honey herb chicken and it was terrible. I did hear good things about the burgers though.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Clovis, New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

I have come to expect that LaQuinta is a name I can trust to have a decent room at a decent price, and this location was no exception. The staff was friendly and helpful. The indoor pool is in a separate building attached to the main one, so it doesn't make the whole place smell like chlorine. It was also nice to have a truly smoke free hotel for a change where the room didn't smell like an ashtray anyway.

We were able to negotiate a big discount when we called and booked directly with the hotel at least three weeks in advance. We got a king suite for almost the same rate as a double. It was very clean and roomy. It was nice for our daughter to be able to watch disney while my wife and I watched something a little more grown up.

The breakfast wasn't bad for being complimentary. They have a good selection on weekends, and week days add hot items like sausage, eggs, biscuits, and gravy. It is all pretty good, but make sure to get there on time because they start putting it away at 9:00 on the dot.

Room Tip: If going with a suite, I have to say you might want to check on the layout when you check in. Some a...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Dighton, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I had stayed here a couple of years ago and loved it so I booked again. It is close to the West Mall and lots of strip mall shopping is just a couple of minutes away. It is just off Kellogg so is easy to get to anywhere in the city. We go to visit family and play golf so we don't tend to spend a lot a time in our room. Check in was fast and the staff were very friendly. We were on the ground floor and I did wonder if it would be quiet as our room wasn't far from the pool but it was fine. The room was clean but had a slight musty smell to it but that could be due to the high humidity of Wichita. The bathroom has issues with tile coming away from the base of the wall but it was very clean if a little small. Two people in the bathroom at the same time would not have fit. Had a separate sink outside the bathroom which I thought was a bit strange but the bathroom only had one sink and like I said a little small so the outside one came in handy. Beds were clean and very comfortable. Have stayed before and I think the upper floor bedrooms have been updated. This one was a little dated. Breakfast consisted of cereal, fruit, muffins, hard boiled eggs and make your own waffles. Not what I was expecting but maybe next time I will read the 'Hotel Features' and realize it's not a hot breakfast as before. For the $ and proximity to shopping and restaurants I think it was a good value.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Wichita Airport? Share your experiences!