“Very good for the money spent. Area by ice machine had...” 4 of 5 stars

You added Days Inn Wichita North to your Saves list
Days Inn Wichita North
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 East 53rd Street North, Wichita, KS 67219   |
Ranked #59 of 81 Hotels in Wichita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Wichita
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I stumbled on this hotel by accident and am so glad that I did. I've already been there 2 times this year and both times was very pleased. It has all of the amenities in the room, except a safe, that the more expensive hotels do and the rooms are spacious. I really like the fact that they are "non smoker" friendly. There is a form that you must sign when you check in acknowledging that if you are found smoking in the building you will be fined $100.00. When I walked through the hotel I found no evidence of smoke in the air. Of course if someone smokes in the room when they shouldn't, one might smell it until it has time to air out or the staff has time to freshen the air. However I have been very pleased with the fresh air quality both times. The rates depends on the availability, but I got really good prices both times. I did make my reservation late in the evening so that may have had a hand in the low price. The first time I stayed I noticed that I could hear people in the hallway to a certain degree, but the next time all was quiet. The staff was very kind and allowed me to stay an extra hour pass check out time. I'm looking forward to being able to go again. They do have a table and two chairs which is nice for eating or studying but I looked at one of the other Days Inn in Wichita and they had sofa's in their rooms. I like the spacious rooms in Days Inn Wichita North because when I go, I go to relax and I want space to spread out and move around. Relaxing on a sofa watching tv would be a nice addition to an already super hotel. This hotel gets an A+ as far as meeting my needs and expectations goes.This is my new choice for non expensive getaways, when I can get find the rates at the right rate for me. : )

Room Tip: Two beds in the room are nice if you have a family, but if it's only you or you and hubby, the k...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
GBlazerRR, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Wichita North, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
We are proud to be your new "fav" in Wichita. Thank you for your great review of our hotel, as you have seen, we are working very hard to make our hotel a great place to stay. If you ever have special needs or request, please let us know. I will share your review with our staff, positive feedback is a great motivator for them. Thank you again for your review, we appreciate your business. Please plan to visit us again soon.
Gloria M. Brown
Guest Relations Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for two nights while my husband had surgery.. the desk staff was very kind..my room was clean..the housekeeping staff came in and tidied the room..great selection of cable channels also..I called the front desk to see about a late check out and they were incredibly kind and told me to stay as late as I wished..that was much appreciated !! The only concern I have would perhaps more lighting at the back door entrance...it's rather dark..and the ability to open room windows slightly.. my room was stuffy and the window was bolted with one of those security things...I definitely give the staff an A++ and a B rating overall..

Stayed February 2013
GBlazerRR, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Wichita North, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn - Wichita recently. Thank you for your review of our property, we will certainly check the lighting near the back door to insure more security. I will also discuss the window situation with maintenance to see if we can remedy that situation. Again, we appreciate your business and for taking time to tell us how we are doing. Please plan to visit us again soon.
Aurora, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed here last night on my road trip home to Colorado from Florida. My room was spacious and clean.

The pillows were awesome, but the bathroom towels weren't soft at all and the tub was missing a plug or a switch on the faucet for taking a bath. I expected a hotel that offered free wi-fi to have the login info listed on the welcome sheet, but instead I had to make a quick call to the front desk (who, I must say, was very courteous).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
DWN2012, General Manager at Days Inn Wichita North, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your Nice compliment for about our hotel. Towels are same in all the that is standard what is require by Days Inn. I hope to see you again in your future trips.

I hope to meet you sometime

Thanks

Been to Days Inn Wichita North? Share your experiences!