“pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars

2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   901 East 53rd Street North, Wichita, KS 67219   |
Ranked #57 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
“pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for two nights while my husband had surgery.. the desk staff was very kind..my room was clean..the housekeeping staff came in and tidied the room..great selection of cable channels also..I called the front desk to see about a late check out and they were incredibly kind and told me to stay as late as I wished..that was much appreciated !! The only concern I have would perhaps more lighting at the back door entrance...it's rather dark..and the ability to open room windows slightly.. my room was stuffy and the window was bolted with one of those security things...I definitely give the staff an A++ and a B rating overall..

Stayed February 2013
GBlazerRR, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Wichita North, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Days Inn - Wichita recently. Thank you for your review of our property, we will certainly check the lighting near the back door to insure more security. I will also discuss the window situation with maintenance to see if we can remedy that situation. Again, we appreciate your business and for taking time to tell us how we are doing. Please plan to visit us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Aurora, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I stayed here last night on my road trip home to Colorado from Florida. My room was spacious and clean.

The pillows were awesome, but the bathroom towels weren't soft at all and the tub was missing a plug or a switch on the faucet for taking a bath. I expected a hotel that offered free wi-fi to have the login info listed on the welcome sheet, but instead I had to make a quick call to the front desk (who, I must say, was very courteous).

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
DWN2012, General Manager at Days Inn Wichita North, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Thank you for your Nice compliment for about our hotel. Towels are same in all the that is standard what is require by Days Inn. I hope to see you again in your future trips.

I hope to meet you sometime

Thanks
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

excellent!!! Nice friendly and helpful front desk staff. Great fast wifi and also very clean rooms. definitely coming back again amazing stay. very nice well up kept rooms!!!!! Things are very close to hotel so its very convenient

• Stayed December 2012
DWN2012, General Manager at Days Inn Wichita North, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Thank You Very Much. We are glad that you and your family members enjoyed your stay with us.

Thanks Again !!!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

The night clerk was very nice and helpful!! She made the check in process very smooth! The room was large but could have been cleaner. The carpet has seen better days and needed a good vacuuming. The ever present hairs were in the shower and on the bathroom floor. The pillows were fabulous and the bed was comfy. We generally pay anywhere from $55-79 for a room similar to this. Priceline listed the room at $37 for a dbl room. Can't beat the price!!!! A more extensive breakfast would have been nice. The hotel also accepts pets for $15. Good value for the price!

• Stayed January 2013
DWN2012, General Manager at Days Inn Wichita North, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you! Your compliments are so much appreciated, and I love the opportunity to give the staff a "pat on the back" every chance I get. It's a wonderful feeling for us to know you enjoyed your stay and we hope you can come back!

Thank you for your kind words describing the Days Inn Wichita. We have worked hard to insure that our guests have a great stay and we are constantly striving to meet guest expectations. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you visit again soon. I so sorry that your bathroom was not clean. We will address that issue with our cleaning staff to resolve this issue.

Appreciative guests like you sure make our job so much easier. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you on your next trip! Thank you again for your wonderful compliments!!!

We Hope to see you soon!!!!!!!

Ash Bhakta
Macomb, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Trust me -- you will be very pleasantly surprised by how well-maintained, spacious and comfortable the rooms are at this Days Inn in Wichita, and how enjoyable your stay is overall. And all at a very fair "low-end" nightly rate. My room had a generously large flat-screen TV with many channel options; very comfortable bed and pillows; heat/air that could be easily adjusted; nice bathroom with adjustable showerhead; coffeemaker in room; complimentary soaps and shampoos (like you might expect at a hotel at 2x or 3x the cost); ample lights and light switches throughout; and an overall look and feel that was classy and put me at ease. The front desk staff and management are friendly and efficient, and there is also free coffee with several different creamer flavors. Location is easy to find and very accessible from the highway.

(I stayed at a Red Roof Inn in the Chicago area recently, and actually paid slightly more per night, and it was awful... ugly room with stained towels, sloppy paint job, awkward & cramped room layout, "short-sheeted" bed that was hard as a rock, old/small/boxy TV with few "basic cable" options, and no "extras" or niceties. Never again.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

We Hope to see you soon!!!!!!!

Ash Bhakta

Been to Days Inn Wichita North? Share your experiences!