“Excellent Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Wichita North Hotel & Suites

Save Saved
You added BEST WESTERN Wichita North Hotel & Suites to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Wichita North Hotel & Suites
3.0 of 5 Motel   |   915 East 53rd Street North, and Interstate 135, Wichita, KS 67219   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #9 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
Lansing
“Excellent Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stayed two nights participating in Alternative and Holistic Fair. Rooms are reserved right next to our location which makes it very convenient. There is a free buffet breakfast as well as a 10% discount on a regular meal. The waitresses in the restaurant are fabulous and a lot of fun to talk to. Enjoyed the meals. There is also several things to keep everyone entertained such as a pool, pool table, merry go round for young children and various machine games. Highly recommend.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
bestwestern17107, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wichita North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We most defiantly enjoyed hosting the fair at our hotel. Everyone that attended was so nice and friendly. We appreciate your group making our facility your hotel of choice for your event. I’m glad that everything was accommodating for you. Again thank you for your comments and we hope to see you again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Salina, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stayed two nights and both nights were great!! The food at the adjoining restaurant, Country Kitchen, was great...except for the breakfast buffet. Recommend getting breakfast from the full menu. Otherwise everything was amazing. Quiet nights, tons of activities fro kids of all ages and the pool and hot tub were perfect!!!

Room Tip: Be specific about what you are looking for and why you are in the area, they may have discounts that...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
bestwestern17107, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wichita North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how your stay went. I’m glad that you had the chance to visit our onsite restaurant. I also noticed that you had the chance to take a dip in our pool and hot tub. What a perfect way to end a long day. Again thank you for your comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay.
OKC
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I went to this hotel for an anime/syfi convention. We were there on business running lights and sound for the event. Also, I have a medical condition where stress will make me terribly sick and I'm also on the shy side and a bit anti-social. I basically need time to myself and away from people occasionally to collect my thoughts and wind down from socializing.

The layout of this hotel was the worst thing for me. Half of the rooms lined the 2 main rooms for the convention which had hundreds of people constantly. The back wall of these rooms had sliding glass doors that led directly onto the convention or main events floor. The rest of the rooms lined the outside wall of the hotel, some with entrances from the outside like a motel. The room we got had a sliding glass door directly onto the convention floor. There was no sleeping. There was no down time. There was no relaxation. I was sick the entire convention. Not fun at all.

To make things even worse, the only elevator the hotel had for access to the second floor of rooms (which were laid out in the same fashion I had stated previously) was out of order. I have bad needs and it is very painful for me to take stairs. The first room they gave us was on the second floor. We had to ask for a different room, otherwise I wouldn't be able to leave the hotel room until we were leaving to go home cause the stairs were so painful. That's when we got the room with the sliding glass door on the first floor, 152, which also had a mysterious loud ticking sound in the brick wall. (We also have our suspicions that room 152 is haunted cause each of us lost one thing precious to us during our stay and when in the room. For example, I lost my hairbrush and my husband lost some bubble solution he had just bought. He had gone to the store and it was in his bag when he left the store, when he was in his truck, and when he had entered the hotel room to check on me. He didn't set the bag down, he didn't take anything out, he carried the bag with the bubble solution in it the whole time and nothing fell out since it was a huge jug. When he left the room, the bubble solution was gone. Completely disappeared along with my hairbrush that was sitting next to the sink. Our employee that had come with us lost his keys. We search every inch, crevice, sheet, pillow, etc of the hotel room and couldn't find any of our items. It was very weird.)

Other than everything I had stated, the hotel is fairly nice. The staff was courteous and helpful and the hotel was clean and orderly. The hotel rooms were well kept and the hotel had a swimming pool, shuffle board, arcade games, and a mini carousel for children.

In conclusion, this is a great hotel if you are wanting a get away or just a place to sleep. If you are going here for an event or if there's one there during your stay, GOOD LUCK. Oh and don't get room 152 unless you are prepared to lose at least 1 thing.

Room Tip: Don't get room 152 unless you plan on losing at least one thing.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
bestwestern17107, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wichita North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for letting us know how your stay went. I do apologize that our elevator was not available during your stay. It is currently being newly constructed and is in the final stages of assembly which will be completed very soon. I am happy that you enjoyed all of the amenities that our hotel had to offer and that of staff was accommodating. We look forward to seeing you upon your next visit to our city.
Shawnee, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were celebrating my granddaughter's birthday with several family members. The hotel was very crowded when we arrived due to a convention and pretty noisy until they left at midnight. We like the location and service at the hotel, and we will definitely return to Best Western.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I’m glad that our facility was convenient and our staff was accommodating. Happy belated birthday to your granddaughter from all of the staff here at the BEST WESTERN Wichita North. We hope to see you again soon in the near future.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed in this hotel on our last night of a 12 day road trip. This an old hotel and very dated. Our room faced the interior of what looked to be a banquet room. They warned us that the couch was damp because they had just cleaned some spots on it. They room itself was dark, old and had an old smell. We chose this location because we were meeting friends for dinner and they lived close by. My advice is to travel a little further south and look for another hotel.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
bestwestern17107, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wichita North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I noticed that you stayed in one of our courtside rooms that connects to our banquet hall. Our guests normally choose that particular room location because it gives them easy access to any ongoing functions that may be held in the adjoining ball room. I understand that our room layout may seem a bit different than that of a traditional hotel. What we want our guests to experience is the uniqueness and flexibility that our facility has to offer. We have inside and outside room locations that are easily accessible. We are currently and constantly upgrading our property amenities and public areas to stay current in today’s market. Our onsite restaurant is very convenient and our gaming area is always a hit with the children. Also our heated indoor pool and hot tub makes for relaxing time after a workout in our upgraded workout facility. We hope that you will visit with us again on your future trip through our great city and again thank you for your comments
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here on our journey from Texas to Kansas City. We stopped around 3am (both exhausted) to get much needed sleep. The outter appearance isn't anything special, but we were both pleasantly supprised by the rooms and facility itself. The man working the desk was very helpful, and got us a room quickly. Usually hotel night staff isn't as friendly and helpful. There was a great recreation area inside, and the breakfast was tasty. I would definately stay here again and reccomend others do the same.

• Stayed September 2013
bestwestern17107, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wichita North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay. I can relate to the long drive in which you have traveled. I am happy to know that we were your destination of choice for your over night stay. I’m glad to hear that your check in experience was accommodating as well. I hope that the next time you are passing through our great city you will have the chance to stay with us and enjoy all of the extra amenities that our hotel has to offer. We look forward to your future stay.
Firestone
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

We love staying at this hotel when we're in Wichita. The huge indoor play area is a hit with the kids, and we love the breakfast buffet. The beds are comfy, the rooms are clean, and the staff is always accommodating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

bestwestern17107, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN Wichita North Hotel & Suites, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for letting us know about your stay. Our staff is happy to know that we are your hotel of choice whenever you visit Wichita. The play area really gets the children excited cause they have so many activities to choose from. Also who doesn't like a nice comfortable sleep and then waking up in the morning to an all you can eat buffet yum yum. Sometimes we do special wake up calls to help prevent guests from oversleeping due to the overwhelming comfort of our Sealy Posturepedic mattresses. So be prepared to count plenty of sheep when staying with us. We look forward to your next visit and thanks again for the lovely comments.

Been to BEST WESTERN Wichita North Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!