“Family Friendly but needs a little work.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #39 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
Parker, United States
“Family Friendly but needs a little work.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

My boys loved the ping pong, putt putt, pool tables, arcade games and pool. The continental breakfast was fabulous. Staff was very hospitable, rooms where immaculate. Pool was nasty, hot tub was broke, mattresses rock hard.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWAC17114, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
We are really glad your family enjoyed your stay with us. We apologize for the pool and hot tub equipment being broken at your time of stay. Since your stay we have renovated the pool and hot tub. We appreciate that your family enjoyed our indoor courtyard area. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tulsa, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

Room was musty and you could tell it was a former smoking room converted. This place is old and needs to be razed and rebuilt. The upside is I got a heavily discounted room which was more in line with the real value of this place but I still feel like I overpaid. Lots of sketchy looking people hanging out in the lobby, didn't feel comfortable parking there...even out front in well lot area.

Room Tip: Pick another place.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Best Western Airport Inn & Conference Center appreciates your feedback and are very disappointed that your experience was not the level of customer service you deserve. I would like to inform you, that in the near future we are updating our rooms. I hope you would consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you the service you deserve.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here last minute the night before an early flight and at first thought it was great. Great location and convenient. The AC turned on every 5 min and woke us all night. With all of that said, I woke up in the morning with bed bug bites and overall I'd say the room was less than average. Beware of bed bugs!

• Stayed August 2013
BWAC17114, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
We understand your recent stay with us was not favorable. We appropriate your feedback and our disappointed that your experience was not the level of customer service you deserve. We do apologize for the difficulties you had during your stay. We were very concerned with your feedback but I like to reassure you that we have investigated the property and have not came across any unwelcomed guest. I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we can have another chance to provide you with exceptional service.
russellville, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

This is a very nice very clean Hotel my room was huge and very clean it had security sitting in the hall all night which was comforting the breakfast was very very nice served in the Solo restaurant lots of good hot food I will stay there again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Best Western Airport Inn & Conference Center Wants to thank you for your recent stay with us. We are very glad you enjoyed our Restaurant Solo's. We welcome you to come back and stay with us again, and enjoy our indoor courtyard and pool.
Leavenworth, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

The hotel was good and the people were very friendly and helpful up to a point. The indoor pool was like a sauna and way to h ot for the weather...In the high 80's to low 90's outside,.
Their positioning of two events simultaneously left a whole lot to be desired. They scheduled a "PARTY" in the room cut off by just a divider between our Conference Dinner...And when asked if they could turn the music down so we could hear our National Officer speak, we were told NO...by their help, who happened to be of the same persausion as the revelers in the other half of the room....Their catering was a shame....The food was not what we were told it would be and the deep fried steak"meat" was so small and over cooked as to be a joke...I have run restaurants and been in two bit diners that served better food. And their was NO DESSERT included....We had to beg to get ONE cup of coffee and ONE glass of tea....It was not served but we had to go out into a crowded hall way to get our own plates and we had to mingle with the revelers at the same time....What a joke..They were having trouble with my card due to their computer glitch and they ran it so many times that it locked up and we could not use it. Plus they tried to add another $50 unto our bill for POSSIBLE INCIDENTALS....NOT AUTHORIZED...
We must say, the staff at the checkin and checkout counter were friendly and professional and when I called for directions to their hotel...the staff went way above the norm and worked with me and gave such exact directions, I had no problem in getting there....Once I asked them....
Their restaurant served really good food, but again were overwhelmed with the number of people we had...FREE BREAKFAST WAS GREAT AND THEY DID NOT SKIMP ON ANYTHING. Thank you for that. It would have been great even if we had had to pay for it...AGAIN GOOD JOB...

Room Tip: If you want quiet get an outside room. If you want to enjoy the common area and the "hot indoor...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
BWAC17114, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Jack L,

We appreciate your feedback and are disappointed that your experience with our hotel was not always favorable. We had an opportunity to impress all of our guests at the event you attended and sadly we were not successful based on the information you have provided to us. We have policies in place now to assist us in ensuring all of our events occurring at the same time can enjoy their planned activities and meals without interference from other groups. We do apologize for the difficulties you experienced and hope future events at the hotel are more enjoyable for you.

I am pleased that you enjoyed our complimentary breakfast and our friendly front desk staff.
Boise, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I had an excellent 4-night stay at the hotel during a recent business trip to Wichita. The hotel is an older hotel but very well constructed out of concrete block and was therefore much quieter than most of the newer hotels built out of wood framing. The room was very clean and in excellent condition and everything worked without any problems. All of the staff were very helpful and courteous. I had both breakfast and dinner in the on-site Soho restaurant and was very pleased with the service and the quality of the food. The airport shuttle was available for immediate pickup and return to the airport so it arrived to pick me up within just a few minutes from when I called. I will definitely stay at the hotel when I return to Wichita.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWAC17114, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Everyone here at Best Western Airport Inn Thanks you for your business. I am so glad you had an excellent time with us on your business trip. I hope you can come back and see us again.
Santa Clara, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

I stayed over the long July 4th weekend. I was here for a family reunion, and our extended family booked about 15 rooms here I called from the airport and the shuttle arrived in a few minutes for the short drive to the hotel. Check-in was quick and easy.

The hotel has a large, indoor courtyard, with a swimming pool and game area at one end, big-screen TV, and an open area in the middle where people gather. One day, another large family group set up the area for card games and snacks, and then had dinner there. There are rooms on both floors that overlook this area, and have access through a sliding glass door to the area. especially convenient for parents to keep an eye on their kids, and easy access to the courtyard.

I chose a room away from the courtyard, since I wanted a quieter location. My room was spacious, had a sofa, work table and chair, microwave and refrigerator and was comfortable. The hotel is an older property, showing some signs of age, but overall it's well cared for. There aren't a lot of electrical outlets in the room, glad I brought a power strip, to charge my phone and computer. There's plenty of parking near the front of the hotel and near the other entrances.

Breakfast is in the restaurant downstairs. One day, we ordered from a menu, 2 days there was a buffet, and included cereal, oatmeal, pancakes, scrambled eggs, hash browns, biscuits & gravy, juice, coffee and tea. Bacon and sausage are $2 extra.

Hotel and restaurant staff were all friendly and helpful. This hotel was a good value.

Room Tip: Specify if you want a room on the indoor courtyard or not.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
BWAC17114, Front Office Manager at BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Conference Center, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Everyone here at Best Western Airport Inn & Conference Center wants to thank you for staying with us and are really glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. Please come back to see us again.

Been to BEST WESTERN Airport Inn & Conference Center? Share your experiences!