“No sleep to be had here.” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #61 of 80 hotels in Wichita
Van Buren, Arkansas
“No sleep to be had here.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Staff was very friendly. Air conditioner in the room doesn't have a constant fan feature so it loudly kicks on and off all night and your literally right by the airport so you get to hear airplanes and helicopters all night. Fridge in the room was also ticking and making noise all night. Rooms need updating. You need to be very tired and a very heavy sleeper to stay here. The carpet had cigarette burns and other stains and the curtains smelled of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed August 2014

29 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Wichita, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The A/C sounds like a jet engine. The window barely opens so your stuck w/ this setup & it was a challenge every single day. Impossible to get a comfortable temperature. The TV had to be extremely loud to hear over the AC unit, then when the AC shut off the tv was blaring, poor people next to me. Slept their 4 nights & was totally exhausted by the end of my stay, the bags under my eyes were not appreciated.
The fan in the bathroom did not work, their was a constant drip over my bathroom you heard at night. Mold on the side of the wall & around the tub, that blew me away for what they charged.
***The bed was great & clean! Just wished I could of slept*****

Some nights I would get towels, wash rags & coffee refills. First night I got 1 towel. The jacuzzi was great although the timer was broken & stayed on 15 the entire time. The pool was freezing, so get in the jacuzzi first. We hit high 90's every day, made for a rough night after the heat.
Breakfast was good, coffee was very strong hard to drink.
Everyone was very nice but I will not stay at a Holiday Inn Express again.
I couldn't wait to get home to sleep.

Room Tip: Your right by the airport, but I rarely heard planes as I fought the AC unit every single day. Plane...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very clean and up to date. All the staff were friendly and well informed to the area. The room was very spacious and the bed was very "sleepable". I didn't go in the pool but noticed a few of the patrons having quite a lot of fun there.

An big A+.

Room Tip: I had a conference suite and it was huge with a couch, kitchen, and even a small conference room.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Tucson, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The night staff at the hotel provided excellent service! I arrived after a bad experience with service at a hotel close by. The shuttle driver who is the person that I spoke to about staying the night was very professional and arrived quickly to sweep me away to their property.
They new of my distress, and voluntarily upgraded me to a suite. I was just happy to be there vs. where I was. That is why I say, service Above and Beyond: Pro-Active which I applaud them for having the insight to do!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, Ca
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I took the hotel shuttle from the airport to the hotel. The shuttle driver was way late, leaving me waiting for a long time in the hot sun. He could not be bothered to get out of the drivers seat, leaving me to muscle open the heavy sliding door of the shuttle van, and climb in. When we arrived at the hotel, again, he was too lazy to get out of his seat, so I had to open the door and get out without help. It was a long step from the shuttle running board to the ground. I lost my step and fell. Only then did the lazy and rude shuttle driver get out of his seat. Later, he avoided me and did not speak one word of apology. I was really angry.

Room Tip: Don't ride the airport shuttle.
Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear I_Love_Los_Angeles,

We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel. We just want to assure you that our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product. We are disappointed that we did not meet your expectations with regards to the shuttle service on this particular day. Kindly be assured that we treat this matter seriously as we always strive to deliver world class service to our guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope that we can better serve you next time.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

Natasha at the front desk was great. A large group of young baseball players and their families were staying at the hotel. Natasha was very pleasant, accommodating and made us all feel welcome. She even arranged for a late checkout. Such a great laugh too!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Michelle L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Linda P,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Airport. I'm so pleased that Natasha took such good care of your group and will pass your comments on to her. Yes, she does a great laugh and people often compliment on how pleasant she is. We do hope you will stay with us again should you travel to the Wichita area in the future. Now, you're family.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

We needed a good place to bring family into Wichita from Scotland and Chicago and spend a few days with an indoor pool, breakfast for the six kids, etc. The place wasn't our first choice but had most of what we needed and was close to the airport.

If you come here, be sure to park in front, there is little lighting on the sides and I lost my $300 cargo carrier while parked on the south side on our third night here. None of the staff seemed overly concerned with my loss and were not very helpful in helping me contact the police or helping me locate a place where I could purchase another carrier.

No one on the staff seemed able to make a decision, always having to check with someone else. It seemed like everyone was a trainee.

There are no plugins next to the beds where you can charge any personal electronics, a must in this day and age,

The breakfast was good and the young lady running it seemed to be the only one interested in providing good service,

Close to the airport and a good breakfast were the high points. Remember to park in front.

I'm a priority club member but will look for a different place next time.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear don7614,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for being an IHG Rewards Club member. I appreciate your good comments regarding our proximity to the airport and our breakfast offerings. On the other hand, it is truly regrettable that your stay was not 100% satisfactory. I have noted your feedback and sent you a private message to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Faith R
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Airport? Share your experiences!