“Comfy and clean” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 78 hotels in Wichita
Kansas City, Kansas
“Comfy and clean”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Good front desk service. Clean and comfortable rooms. Pool well maintained. Breakfasts were ok. Good Internet connection consistently. Close to good shopping and easy access to the airport and main highway through town.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Michelle L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Mary L,
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Airport. Guest feedback, whether positive or negative, is always welcome. We love
to hear when we exceed the guests' expectation during their stay, and it sounds like in your case, we did just that. I will be sure to share your nice comments with the entire staff. We hope that you will now consider us your home away from home when you travel to Wichita.

Warmest Regards

16 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I usually stay at the Holiday Inn Express Wichita Airport because the staff is very friendly and helpful. Anytime I have a question about the Wichita Area they are very knowledgeable. Rooms were clean and beds comfortable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Michelle L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Great place to stay near the airport!
Thank you so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita-Airport. Guest feedback, whether positive or negative, is always welcome, and used to further lead and develop my staff on delivering a GREAT guest experience. So glad to hear that all staff was knowledgable about what to do in the area. And it sounds like the rooms exceeded your expectations, which we LOVE to hear. Hope to see you again if you travel this way.
Wichita, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

I stayed here back in December due to home remodel.
When I checked in to my room I had no pillows or shower curtain in my room.
Maria was very helpful to get me what I needed.
The next day I asked for full service on my room when I returned my bed was not made and only the trash taken out.
I found the housekeeping manager in the hall to ask her why my room was not clean, she had no clue what I was saying she said.She then got me A lady named Kyra who was completely rude and cursing at me.
This hotel has gone down the drain will never stay here again nor send my family here ever.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Dear guerra79,

Thank you for your staying with us and for bringing this to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We would like to address your experience further, and have sent you an email with additional details.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

Quick check in. Room clean and everything in order. Quiet air conditioning. Flat Screen TV. Free Shuttle Service to and from the airport, which is approx. 5 minutes from the hotel. Great breakfast buffet with a variety of options - from waffles, to eggs and sausage, yogurt and cereal, of course. Very quiet as it is located far from Kellog. We like to book this hotel if we have an early flight, since we live 90 miles from the airport. This is absolutely our choice. Texas Roadhouse is walking distance, and the shopping center across the street also very close. Highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Michelle L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this review, February 21, 2014
Dear MaFKansas,
WOW! Thank you so much for the great review. Guest feedback, whether positive or negative, is always welcomed and used to further develop our team to continue to deliver an exceptional guest experience. We are so glad that we not only met but exceeded your expectations during your stay. From the clean quiet room, to the breakfast buffet, from the airport shuttle to dining options within walking distance. It pleases me that you enjoyed your stay and we are honored to be your choice when traveling to Wichita. We hope to see you again on your next visit!

Rockford, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Natasha did a wonderful job checking us in for one night, and adjusting reservations when colleagues from Europe were severely delayed due to weather. Then the next day, after checking us out, Natasha was magnificent when checking us back in for another night, as all flights out of Wichita were cancelled due to the huge snow storm. Fast, accurate,friendly, helpful with a great sense of humor. Room was nice and clean. Only down side - too much snow covered the car the next day! many thanks Natasha - see you again in two weeks!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Michelle L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Dear Richard,
Thank You so much for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita-Airport, and for having such nice things to say about Natasha. She is great at delivering a positive guest expereince and it sounds like you were able to experience that first hand. I will be sure to share your comments with her. I am sorry that the weather was so poor during your visit. But we can't wait to see you again in a few weeks. Thank you again for making us your home away from home when you travel.

Washington, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014

Upon checking in to the property I had booked three months in advance the manager informed me they didn't have any ground floor rooms, which I had requested. He informed me they didn't have any, but had just given a traveler who was in my group, who was on her first trip, who had booked just one week before, she is not a Priority Club Platinum member like I the ground floor room. He just said we don't look at that until you check in. No room assigner...but he had already had paperwork with my room number on it. They don't even look at special requests. His attitude was poor and as a manager you would think he would try to make up for it somehow. He couldn't have cared less. He should not be in the hospitality field. So, if you have a room type preference DON'T STAY HERE.

Room Tip: You don't have an option on room type, so don't expect it.
Dear Poor Manners,
Please allow me to offer you my sincerest apology for the way with which you feel you were treated during your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express and Suites Wichita-Airport. Guest feedback, whether positive or negative, is always welcome and I use it to lead and develop my staff on delivering excellent customer service 100% of time. And in your case, we failed to do so. I've looked into your reservation history and it appears it was booked in early Dec by our central reservations office. I've looked throughly for any comments or requests listed as to floor preference or even your IHG Rewards status. Regardless of whether its noted or not, we do our very best to accomodate guest requests as best we can. Sometimes circumstances do not permit us to grant them,and therefore we fail to meet that guests expectations. I do not know if we had any ground floor rooms still available at the time of your check in, but we clearly could have found a better way of handling the situation. A sincere apology might have gone a long way. We can add your floor preference to your profile so if you do decide to give us another chance to make a better first impression, we'll know just what you like. I do sincerely hope that you will continue to patron the Holiday Inn Express brand even if you do not return to my property.

Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

This hotel was a good place for a night stay. Arrived early due to snowstorm, waited 10 minutes and they had a room ready for us. Front staff was very friendly and helpful.
Room was clean and beds were comfortable. Nothing to complain about. We were recognized as priority members and given a goody bag with small snack.
It was snowing all day and night so we did not venture out except to eat. There are restaurants within walking distance, snow or no snow. We chose the Chinese restaurant since it was the first one we came to, good choice by the way.
Everybody who had an early fight were up and about earlier than usual which meant and hour before breakfast was served. The front desk clerk set out muffins and coffee for those who wanted to get a early breakfast. That was a nice touch.
If you have an early flight this is a good hotel to stay at. It is about a 10 minute drive. I cannot fault anything on this stay with this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Michelle L, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014
Dear Tunda1999,
Thank You so much for taking the time to comment on how nice your recent stay was at our hotel. Guest feedback, whether positive or negative, is always welcome, and it helps us know what we need to work on and in what ways we are exceeding our guests' expectations. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we took such good care of you. From a clean room ready for early check in, to the little Grab & Go breakfast bags for early departure to the airport, we strive to make our great hotel one guests love. We do hope that you will consider us your home away from home and stay with us should you travel through the area in the future.

Michelle Lash

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Airport? Share your experiences!