“Good location, clean and tidy with friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #36 of 79 hotels in Wichita
“Good location, clean and tidy with friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located in the Old Town with excellent access to a large range of bars, restaurants and nightclubs. The hotel is clean and tidy with friendly staff. I was on the first floor with an enourmous room. Free wifi available but a little slow for my liking. The room suffered from a little outside noise due to the close proximity of a couple of bars that had live music but it was to my taste and finished around 2300 so did not disturb me too much. Issues reported with lack of hot water did not affect me as I was on lower floor, so try and get 1st or 2nd floor rooms. Breakfast was standard and service good. Evening meals are better taken by visiting a wide choice of restaurants all within walking distance of the hotel, as the hotel evening selection is limited. The open unsecured car park (charged in my case $8 per night) is located at the rear of the hotel, is unsecured but for the three nights I was there did not experience any issues. Overall I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013

106 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Houston, Tx
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Pro's - Located in the Old Town district. Walking distance to restaurants and activities. Building was very clean and appeared to have been updated. King bed, very comfortable, room was spacious and clean. Breakfast buffet was decent. Free Wi-Fi. Staff was friendly.

Cons - Pay daily for site parking which is an open, unsecured lot next to the hotel. 1st night had used soap and lotion in my bathroom. Next morning had no hot water to shower. Called the desk and they told me let it run bc I was on the top floor. I left the water run while I went to breakfast came back it was lukewarm. During checkout, my bill was not up-to-date so had to wait nearly 20-30 minutes to get it corrected.

Room Tip: Choose a lower floor if you want hot water. Parking is free half a block away in front of the hote...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Kansas city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The hotel has been updated since the last time I was there and the new lobby is very upscale and modern. It seemed that the renovations have all been completed and the hotel was booked solid. The room was very spacious and clean. The free Wifi helped to view a map to the baseball complex on our ipad. The staff was very helpful the second we walked in until we left. I was able to order a late night beer and wings at the bar in 2 minutes and there were other food options that seemed reasonable. We also ate a very nice breakfast with made to order omlettes, fruit and other breakfast items. I would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

They have the entire lobby completely closed for renovation. Dust is everywhere, loud drilling/hammering at wee hours of the morning. The staff could care less about not having a place to meet in lobby. Floors were slippery, safety hazard due to all the dust/sand in the air and on the tile/concrete floors. We had 4 rooms for 4 nights, spending over $4,000 on this stay alone and to make things right they simply offered to give me some Mariott Rewards points that is barely enough to get one free night at SELECT locations only. Terrible customer service.

• Stayed November 2012
Hutchinson, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

2 single women going to a banquet. The consierge service was more than ever expected. We were advised the shuttle would shut down at 10pm. We were a block away from the hotel and it was cold here in Kansas in Feb 2013. At 10:37, Cliff, the driver or the shuttle came to us and asked if we still wanted a ride back to the hotel as he was getting ready to go home for the night. He not only found us at this benefit but was there at just the right time. We were ready to leave but thought the shuttle was shut down so taking our time at going out into the cold. Cliff picked us up and took us back to the hotel. He went beyond his job description on this one because of the atmosphere in this part of town we felt safe, secure and greatful that he cared enough to watch over us. Courtyard Wchita at Old Town has a gem of an employee on there hands and I hope they appreciate him. Excellent job Cliff!

Thanks Cliff, Teri and Tracy

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

Recently stayed here. Staff was very nice and the manager helped me out. Rooms are nice and hotel is right where you want to be. Walk out the door and choose where you want to eat or drink

Highly recommended

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Lawrence, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We recently stayed at this property on a Friday night. It is a great spot for access to Old Town. Room was exceptionally clean, very comfortable bed, large channel selection on the TV. We did not have reservations but staff and checked in late. Rate was very reasonable and the night staff was great.

We're not crazy about the parking lot across the street but it is well lit. Our only other complaint/observation was that the bath towels were very thin, scratchy, and flimsy. Really surprising considering how nice everything else in the room was.

Our room was on top floor across the street from a bar but we did not hear any noise even though it was a Friday night.

This is my second review of this hotel and we continue to be very pleased with it.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott - Wichita at Old Town? Share your experiences!