“First-rate hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kansas
“First-rate hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We had a great check-in experience. We arrived rather late and the check-in clerk greeted us by name!! She was one of the most friendly clerks we have ever encountered. We had a Studio King Suite. It was very quiet, clean, and the bed was wonderful.

Breakfast was more than adequate and very well prepared -- scrambled eggs, potatoes, sausage, gacon, gravy, buscuits, muffins, bagels, toast, waffles, fruit, yogurt, juice, coffee, etc. I would most definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Boulder, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We just stayed there one night while passing through Wichita, but the option to have a private room was what drew us here.

The only complaint we had was that the door latch (between the room with kids and our bedroom) didn't work.

The free breakfast was standard mass-produced warm hotel breakfast. Palatable, but only just.

Room Tip: Don't stay in the handicapped suite; in addition to the door latch (between bedroom and living a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Ames, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We do a lot of travelling for our daughter's tennis tournament. Based on our terrific experience with this hotel chain two weeks ago in Cedar Rapids, we choose Residence Inn again. Booked the same type of room again, one-bedroom suite. This time, I had the pleasure in sleeping on the pull-out bed. I was dreading at first, but oh my... call me lame, but that was the first time I found a good pull-out bed! Didn't feel any rods or bars sticking out at all, my back was not hurting the next morning. I don't know if it was a better mattress or different type of bed frame, but it sure was nice!

As always, the room interior was tasteful and clean. Bathroom was spacious, and the bed was great. One night, the people next door was so loud, my husband was about ready to call the cops because it sounded like somebody was being tortured. He called the front office to have them check what's going on. The next morning, we found a note from the hotel management apologizing for the disturbance. When we're eating breakfast that morning, we came across a guy who was staying directly below the loud people. He too, complained to the hotel. After we're done eating breakfast and heading out to go to the tennis tournament, the front desk stopped us and informed that last night's stay was free of charge for us. I know this was not the hotel's fault, it's ouf of their control, but they did a very nice customer service with what they did.

The location of this hotel is very strategic to us. Only 5 minutes away from Crestview Country Club, where the tennis tournament was held. Right next to the hotel, is The Alley Indoor Entertainment, with bowling alleys, arcades, and go kart track. It's a life saver for me to entertain my son (who came along in this trip, but doesn't play tennis) when we found out that the hotel's outdoor pool was already closed until next summer. Another plus point is the close proximity to restaurants like Cheddar's, SUMO, Bonefish Grill, etc.

It'd be helpful if this hotel would have an ice maker machine on every floor, or even on one floor. Every morning I had to fill up my daughter's water jug and cooler with ice. The front desk always okayed me to go to the kitchen to get ice, but I feel like I was in their way when they're trying to get breakfast ready.

Just one little mishap that made this review a 4 star instead of 5: problem with automated wake up call with Daylight Savings Time ending. We used their telephone to be awaken at 6 am the next morning (that night we were supposed to set our clock an hour behind). We were aware of this and called the front desk to double check if their system is synched with it, we were assured by the night front desk there will be no problem. Of course, they woke us up an hour early the next morning. When confronted, the morning front desk at first said that we were probably the one who made a mistake entering the time we wanted. Then she said that the computer system "was probably not updated". Unless their OS is from eons ago, all computers are synced automatically with Daylight Savings, right?

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The front desk folks are top rate.
The rooms are clean and comfortable
Great TV selection
And the breakfast. Wow. Scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausage, french toast, and much more. I was very very pleased.
5 stars are not enough. A great bang for your buck.

IHG,
Rube

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I make sales calls in the Wichita area so this hotel is not as convenient as others but it is very nice and clean. I would recommend staying on an upper floor since I was in a wing across from one of the meeting rooms and this room's door emptied out into a small area between the buildings where smokers would retreat for their habit. Unfortunately, I had folks, as well as kids, milling around my windows at 9:00PM at night and since this hotel allows pets, the pets next door to me didn't approve of these attendees outside our windows either. I typically stay on a higher floor for just such reasons but the hotel accommodated me on an early check-in. I did ask about meetings the following nights since I would not have put up with little kids staring into my room or the dogs barking but I was assured there were no such meetings planned and I was thankful for this news and it was very quiet that evening.

Room Tip: I would not stay on the south end of the hotel on the lower floors due to noise and attendees from t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ingalls, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Everything was very nice and comfortable. very nicely decorated and good breakfast. We had a little trouble getting our room with our points from credit card but the young lady at desk was very accomadating. It was a pleasant week end!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Goodyear, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hotel was excellent and reasonably priced for the area. We spent most of our time relaxing by the pool and spa. This was excellent for a hotel! The area is landscaped nicely, a speaker system with music (not too loud but a nice touch).

Our room was just a studio which for two of us was plenty for a weekend getaway. I wish we would have brought our dogs as we saw many and did not seem to be a problem.

Agree that the internet is horrible so like previously stated in other reviews if this would have been a business trip I would have needed to move on day 1. Since it was leisure only it did not matter.

Would recommend to stay at, we will stay again on our next trip to Wichita.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Residence Inn Wichita East at Plazzio? Share your experiences!