“Great Customer Service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 81 hotels in Wichita
United States
“Great Customer Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The front desk folks are top rate.
The rooms are clean and comfortable
Great TV selection
And the breakfast. Wow. Scrambled eggs, pancakes, waffles, sausage, french toast, and much more. I was very very pleased.
5 stars are not enough. A great bang for your buck.

IHG,
Rube

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

I make sales calls in the Wichita area so this hotel is not as convenient as others but it is very nice and clean. I would recommend staying on an upper floor since I was in a wing across from one of the meeting rooms and this room's door emptied out into a small area between the buildings where smokers would retreat for their habit. Unfortunately, I had folks, as well as kids, milling around my windows at 9:00PM at night and since this hotel allows pets, the pets next door to me didn't approve of these attendees outside our windows either. I typically stay on a higher floor for just such reasons but the hotel accommodated me on an early check-in. I did ask about meetings the following nights since I would not have put up with little kids staring into my room or the dogs barking but I was assured there were no such meetings planned and I was thankful for this news and it was very quiet that evening.

Room Tip: I would not stay on the south end of the hotel on the lower floors due to noise and attendees from t...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Ingalls, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

Everything was very nice and comfortable. very nicely decorated and good breakfast. We had a little trouble getting our room with our points from credit card but the young lady at desk was very accomadating. It was a pleasant week end!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Goodyear, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

The hotel was excellent and reasonably priced for the area. We spent most of our time relaxing by the pool and spa. This was excellent for a hotel! The area is landscaped nicely, a speaker system with music (not too loud but a nice touch).

Our room was just a studio which for two of us was plenty for a weekend getaway. I wish we would have brought our dogs as we saw many and did not seem to be a problem.

Agree that the internet is horrible so like previously stated in other reviews if this would have been a business trip I would have needed to move on day 1. Since it was leisure only it did not matter.

Would recommend to stay at, we will stay again on our next trip to Wichita.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Corpus Christi, Texas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

Had a great experience at the hotel. Very hospitable. Made me feel right at home. After a long 3 weeks away from home: comfort food, a cold beer,and a friendly face... PRICELESS!!! Richard, the grillmaster, served great conversation with a friendly demeanor. He deserves a raise. Great personality.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Our triumphant return to the "Air Capital of the World" found us staying in this newly built franchised Residence Inn on the east side. Growing up during the boom days in Wichita, I remembered the frequent roar of military fighter jets and newly built planes taking off and landing. We were pleasantly surprised that even though the RI is adjacent to the Hawker Beechcraft and Flight Safety field, we would never know it. Even when BBQing poolside.

The location is excellent with plenty of restaurants and activities nearby, many within walking distance. The Palazzo even boasts a huge upscale modern arcade, bowling alley and movie theatre. This RI is pet friendly and has massive (football field sized) dog runs. Great to the let the pups unwind and expend energy after a long day on the road.

The rooms are like any remodeled or new Residence Inn. The overall physical plant is well maintained and clean. The staff is exceptional in friendliness and service. Mike Cahill, the overnight front desk agent is of particular note. He provided excellent service throughout our week here. Richard, the afternoon cook who puts on the evening soirée of wine and assorted light food fare is also personable and very attentive.

So, a few negatives. Internet is a problem. For some reason it is slow, and not compatible with anything Apple. This property does not use the Marriott system and it shows. We were here on pleasure. If I had to conduct business here, I would need to chose another hotel. Not good.

The incidentals deposit policy seems a bit extreme. We stayed for a week. We were charged room and tax for the week, then a pet fee, then in addition the equivalent of a week's room and tax as a deposit for incidentals we may use. Basically 200% of our total bill was charged/held. First, we would have to eat a lot of potato chips out of the sundry area to even come close to using what was taken as a deposit. Second, the release of the funds takes forever. We checked out 14 days ago as of this writing and the hold has not been released. I've already made two calls to the property to no avail.

So for a nice stay in a safe and new part of Wichita, this is great. If you are using a company credit card and can float the property for a couple of weeks, ok. If you are traveling on a limited budget beware-do not use your debit card. Need internet, best to keep looking.

Room Tip: stay away from room close to elevators if u have a dog with you.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Garden City, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

The Internet at this hotel is some of the worse I have experienced - and I travel a lot. I said something to the front desk and they replied they couldn't do anything if a guest was being a "bandwidth hog". I believe if your are going to offer Internet - offer Internet. One closet door was off the track and a drawer on the dresser would not stay closed. Very friendly staff - extremely friendly breakfast staff. Maid service - not so good. Did not clean our room - did not step in to even empty the trash.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Residence Inn Wichita East at Plazzio? Share your experiences!