“Best Pho in Wichita” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Wichita, KS
“Best Pho in Wichita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

I have tried pho at a number of locations in WIchita. I continue to come back here, because they are simply the best. The atmosphere is low key. Wait staff are fantastic, even remembering our favorite items. They are always prompt to refill water, take orders, etc. The soup comes out quickly as well - great when you're in a time crunch.

The menu has a wide variety of options, I tend to go with the Pork Based offerings, the wonton is my favorite. My spouse goes with the "dry" seafood or one of the beef choices. We both order the small as it is plenty for us and we tend to substitute rice noodles for the egg. The broth is fantastic, we do spice it up a bit with the condiments they bring out and sirachi sauce. They provide the normal basil, bean sprouts, and lime wedges, and a small bowl of red peppers.

This is my go to when I am not feeling well - it's the perfect chicken soup replacement. They only accept cash, but normally it costs us no more than $20.

• Visited May 2011

St. Petersburg, Florida
“THis is now my favorite Pho in Wichita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

I've eaten at a number of Vietnamese pho shops in WIchita. But i had the best pho here. The atmosphere is simple but very neat. Wait staff was prompt to bring water, refill water, take orders, etc. The menu had lots of selections and since I"m not fond of beef anything, i ordered the medium seafood pho (#17). I don't know what the broth was but it was clear and crisp. The seafood included a few shrimp, scallops and some of the krab. It had vermicelli noodles and came with the normal basil, bean sprouts, and lime wedges. Also included was a little bowl of red peppers, chopped quite fine. This restaurant was comfortably crowded...enough to make you feel as if others feel its good but not too much so there was a wait for a table. Be aware. They do not take credit cards. Not sure if they do debit but probably best come armed with cash on your first trip.

• Visited July 2011
Seattle, Washington
“Pho Hien”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2010

Just ate at Pho Hien, I thought it was good. Good service and good pho. I'm from Seattle and we have many good Pho places there. I think they do a very good job. I will be going back for sure. No creme puffs tho...

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Wichita, Kansas
“none can compare; this is THE vietnamese soup place, mmm!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2010

My family have enjoyed this place for years. Do check it out. New facility, across the street from old place, clean environment, friendly service, superb soup...

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wichita
“Best Pho in Wichita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2008

I've been eating here since i was 7, nothings changed about the pho. Hands down best pho in Wichita! Owned by a respectable friendly family. Beware of imitators (Pho Hot).