“Great location and atmosphere but poor food” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Andover, Kansas, United States
“Great location and atmosphere but poor food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I'm sorry to be writing this review but since I have previously reviewed this venue. Unfortunately our meal was overall disappointing. Two of the three entrees were below expectations. I had a steak that was suppose to be covered in blue cheese/ Gorgonzola. The steak was overcooked and very tough. The topping was like a LOW QUALITY slice of cheese melted by microwave on top. Very disappointing. My daughter ordered the MahiMahi which didn't seem very fresh and had a bottled pesto on top. Unfortunately our dessert was also lacking...it was a multi-layered chocolate, ice cream, cake offering that was to frozen to enjoy.

This is really disappointing because we frequent this restaurant and the atmosphere is very nice.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

87% Recommend
Wichita, Kansas
“Best Meatloaf Ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Red Rock is my favorite place to go in wichita. It has a great combination of wonderful food, atmosphere and service. Have never had a bad experience or meal here. The meatloaf is awesome particularly if you like it a bit spicy. It's made with ground beef tenderloin and pork sausage. Everything else is just as good from the steaks to the BBQ, the rotisserie chicken or e enchiladas.

Hands down my favorite place to go in wichita.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Greeley, Colorado
“Get the Meatloaf”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

You must go to Red Rock - but go early - they are very popular! The staff is outstanding and work on a buddy system so there is always someone checking on you. Great menu

Visited December 2012
Derby, Kansas
“Food is Terrific!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Every time we go to Red Rock Canyon we remark how the food is always delicious. They really get it! My favorite dish is the salmon with "smashed" potatoes and always a wonderful,fresh vegetable. Their salads are great with crunchy, sweet pecans-yum! If you go with a large group, be prepared that the restaurant seems noisy and difficult to have conversation at a big table.

• Visited December 2012
Minnesota
“Really good food! I try to get here whenever I'm in town.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

It surprised me that I liked this place so much. It has a bit of a "chain restaurant" air to it. Regardless whether it's part of a chain, I absolutely LOVE the food. Anything that has the smoky flavor that matches the wonderful smoky barbecue smell when you get close to the restaurant is something that I'll eat. I've had rotisserie chicken, a burger, and steaks on my visits there, and I've loved each of them. Only downside is that the place can get a little loud and boisterous, but it's just a function of popularity and people having a good time.

• Visited October 2012