“Wine Tasting and Dinner” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Large groups
Derby, Kansas
“Wine Tasting and Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

On the 3rd Wednesday of every month Carrabba's chef, Joe Parten, has a wine tasting dinner. It sounded like an interesting evening so we had a group of 7 attend. Joe had prepared a 5 course dinner complete with 5 different wines for each course. We got to try some new wines and each course was delicious. It was a great time and well worth the $35. cost. To add to the convivial atmosphere there was a raffle for cookbooks and gift cards. We would definitely return for this event.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newton, Kansas
“Pricey but good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I thought the prices were really high for what you get. The food was really good and I would probably go back, but because of the prices, it would not be my first choice.

Visited October 2012
Anchorage, Alaska
“Average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I was excited to eat here because of my experience in Florida. But the food here was mediocre. I was kind of disappointed. Ordered the mussels and they tasted old and did smell right either. But the waiter was super nice and did not charge us for that meal. He was prompt and curtious. So overall, great service but ok food.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Wichita, Kansas
“Excellent Italian cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My wife and I decided to celebrate Father's Day with dinner the night before and I picked Carrabba's for the evening. We had never been to this restaurant and were delighted of our choice for the evening. We arrived at 6:30pm and after a 20 minute wait were seated in a booth. We had the regular portion of the fried Calamari, with the marinara sauce and a peppery sauce, both delicious. The Calamari was excellent and will serve 4 people easily. We had two "quartinos" of Bocelli Sangiovese red fruity wine which was reasonably priced. My wife had the Pork Skewers entree with asparagus and a side chicken soup. I had the Veal Piccata in a buttery sauce with fresh red and yellow peppers and other fresh vegetables. My side soup was a delicious sausage soup. Dessert was Rosa, which was a cake with pineapple and cream, also very good. Our wait staff was Jessica and she was personable and helpful (ask for her when you go). Joe Parten, Proprietor, came by our table several times with many helpful suggestion about their menu; interesting information about the cooking processes; and even complimentary soups for tasting. We had a nice evening with great food, fair prices, and a cordial staff. We will be back with friends and relatives next time. .

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
MidWest
“Love their food and proprietor, Joe, is fabulous.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Location, location, location is not always everything. Tucked away between the highway and Sam's Club - Carrabba's is still packed with people because of their consistently good food and new seasonal dishes. My favorite is pasta Weesie. I get it with shrimp plus a healthy helping of peas added to it. Calamari is also very good.

Visited April 2013