“belated birthday dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Romance, Large groups
Wichita, Kansas
“belated birthday dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

I had some of the best Crab Cakes in town that evening. And if they have it, I always get the Sausage Lentil Soup, I'm happy to say they did when we were there. Now I could have stopped there and been happy. But an order of Pollo Rosa Maria was calling my name... happy bday!

Visited May 2012

Wichita, Kansas
“Happy birthday, happy tastebuds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was taken to Carrabba's for my birthday. As someone who enjoys Italian food, it was my kind of present. I had not really known what to expect beforehand, but knew that it had to be a bit above average for it to be considered a spot for a special occasion. We arrived for our 7:30 reservation to find people waiting outside. Stepping in the door, we found still more people waiting. My thought at the time: It must be good to have that kind of line. We waited for a couple of minutes for our table to be prepared and then were seated. Our server, Christopher, was excellent. He was conversational, attentive and friendly, which isn't always an easy thing to pull off on a busy night. He also went a step beyond when he learned it was my birthday by singing  happy birthday in Italian to me. The meal started with  wine (a decent selection), iced tea and warm bread with olive oil for dipping. Next came salads, mine with the creamy house dressing and hers with Italian. While I enjoyed the salads and appreciated that they were not overdressed, I could not help mentally comparing the salad with Olive Garden, which I love. Adding a  few more elements would benefit the Carrabba's salad, but it is tasty nonetheless. Our entrees: chicken and spinach cannelloni for me and lasagne for her. I am picky about restaurant lasagne - I always prefer what I make at home - but I very much enjoyed it and would definitely consider ordering it in the future. My entree, cannelloni, is what I used to order at Olive Garden until it mysteriously disappeared from the menu. Carrabba's spin on the dish, besides the ingredients, is a chunkier texture that makes it feel more hearty. A top-notch dish at an affordable price. A great present. A great meal. Can't wait to go back. I just need to remember to make sure we get a reservation.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Salina, Kansas
“A Family Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

Carrabba's is one of our family favorites. Truly amazing food, great service, and enough variety to keep everyone happy. We drive over an hour just to eat here for special events. Definitely worth the trip for us. If you're on a date, try sitting at the pizza bar. The wood oven is toasty and it's fascinating to watch the food being prepared.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Alabama
“Odd Location, great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

The Carrabba's on N Rock in Wichita is on the far edge of the Sam's Club parking lot - an odd place to get to, but the food is consistent and tasty

Visited July 2012
Park City, Kansas
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Only been the once but the food was as good as you are going to get for the price.

Visited February 2012