“Good breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 915 Restaurants in Wichita
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Hamburgers, Diner
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: Locally owned, made from scratch kitchen complete with fresh baked breads and fresh high quality meats. Located on the Northeast corner of Kellogg and Market (1 block west of Broadway))in downtown Wichita in the shadow of the overpass, facing south. Plenty of free parking.
Palmer, MA
“Good breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stopped by after a run to pack on a few of the calories I had lost. Wasn't too hard, as they start you off with some cinnamon bites when you sit down!
I opted for the banana bread french toast and a side of jalapeno bacon. Both were excellent, though the banana bread was rich enough that I couldn't finish it all. Loved the bacon - had a briskety flavor along with the jalapeno. Well worth a visit, if you're in the area!

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Kansas City, Missouri
“Worth the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I dined with a group of 5 for lunch, and the owner warned that the wait could be an hour. Must go there with people that you can talk, argue, fight with to pass the time. The waitresses were very friendly and informative on the food and apologetic for the wait. It is definitely worth the wait for great food that is all made from scratch! This is a newer restaurant so they do have some growing pains with being able to serve the great demand for their product (they had to close early that day because they were running out of food). Unfortunately, they had to turn away customers, but "turn away" means that they had to inform patrons of the wait. With the local reviews I had heard about this place, I really was enthused to hear that they were running out of food! The location is a dive (I believe it was an old Radio Shack, tables are very rustic), but incredible food. I had the Bat-out-of-hell Meatloaf (Great name). The meat loaf was good (I have actually had my best meatloaf in another Wichita dive), the sauce was incredible! Asparagus was very good, too! I'll definitely go here again when I return to Wichita!

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Long Wait”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

We've been here twice and both times we had to wait quite a while for food. Both visits were on
the weekend- one Saturday late morning and the other Sunday late morning. The second time we had to wait over an hour for breakfast items. We like to patronize the local business owners and we stay away from chains but this really was the worst dining experience we ever have had to endure. We presumed incorrectly that it was due to the recent press from the local newspaper but were told by two employees ( I believe one was an owner) that it had been this way for weeks. I know "zero" about running an eating establishment but I would presume adjustments would be made if this is a chronic problem.We were partially comped for the price of the meal but we most likely will not return and will advise others to allow plenty of time for their meal. We do hope the business succeeds but there needs to be some adjustments made.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Goddard, Kansas
“Great Place - Can't Wait To Go Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

If you want to try something on a menu that you cannot get anywhere else in Wichita, this it! I sat at the bar and watched them cook and plate vitually everything they offered on the menu and 100% of it looked great! If you are a "clean freak" I would recommend that you NOT sit at the bar, take a table with you back to the cooks. (nothing personal guys)

They were swamped the whole time we were there and everybody was busting their butts and having fun about it! With the fun visits with those around you - you don't even notice that it took a LONG time to get your food. but it is worth the wait!

My advise is this: Go with the idea of having great food, service on the slow side (they'll speed up eventually), an entertaining show, and all at a very fair price! I'm going to become a regular here. :)

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kansas
“Diner done right!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I traveled to Wichita for a conference and the door man said they had great food. It's a short walk from the Hyatt, and his comments were 100% correct, if not understated. In fact, it was so good, that I ate there all three days I was in town. And I can't wait to go back.

My first visit was on a Thursday for lunch. They had a pretty good lunch crowd, so we grabbed a couple of stools at the counter. I had the meatloaf (you can tell really good diner by their comfort food) and it may have been the best meatloaf I have ever had (but please don't tell my wife). My friend had the french dip and had equally high regards for that. The food was so good that we got three carry out orders for our friends back at the hotel.

On Friday morning we went back for breakfast, and took a new conference attendee with us. I had the breakfast burrito. My friends had the fried bologna and egg sandwich, and the crispy corned beef hash. Both raved at how good they were. Yet again, we took carry out orders for our wives.

On Saturday we returned again for breakfast. The place was very, very busy, but that did not impact the service one bit. Knowing this would be my last visit this trip, I had the triple-D. This had smaller servings of the Timi's benny, banana nut french toast, and corned beef hash. The good side is that I was able to try 3 phenomenal dishes. The bad side is that you are going to ask me what was the best. I honestly can't answer that. You just have to order it and judge for yourself. We took a fourth person this time, and again, we all got carry out for the wives.

The service was very good on all three days. Our coffee was always hot, and the servers were very friendly. The atmosphere is diner. Very tastefully done counter, and you can watch the chef work. I love that. Most importantly, the value was excellent. Fresh ingredients, and diner food done with sophistification that you expect from a much more expensive restaurant. (Perhaps I should have said that, lest they realize how much they could charge, and raise their prices.)

So in summary, this is not just one excellent review, it should be counted as 8. I can't wait to return to Wichita just to eat here. And I doubt I'll wait until next years conference to return.

• Visited January 2013