“Modern Style & Plush Accommodations in Wichita” 5 of 5 stars

Ambassador Hotel Wichita
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   104 S Broadway, Wichita, KS 67202   |
Ranked #3 of 79 hotels in Wichita
San Francisco, California
“Modern Style & Plush Accommodations in Wichita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The brand new Ambassador Hotel sets a new standard of quality in Kansas. No hotel, statewide embraces modern design, spacious living, or luxurious amenities quite like this new Wichita gem. Any trip to the area is made considerably easier the moment you walk into their nice appointed and spacious guest rooms and oversized and opulent bathrooms. Free bottles of water in the room and delicious chocolate treats at evening turndown help to add value to this already reasonably priced choice. What they refer to as a "local shuttle" is actually a chauffeur who will whisk you away in their brand new Cadillac SUV anywhere downtown at no charge. There is no reason to stay anywhere else in Wichita.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Michael F, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Wichita, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Thank you for taking the time review the new Ambassador Hotel Wichita. I am happy to hear that our hotel and staff provided you with the comforts you expect and enjoy. I have shared your comments with our staff and we look forward to your return visit.

93 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

My husband and I just stayed at this hotel. We were there for a company party and stayed the night at the hotel also. What a awesome place. Very easy to get to off Kellogg. It is 2 blocks from the Intrust center and Century two. So if going to events at those places you can walk and make it much easier. Parking was free in a garage right by the hotel. The lobby is small but very well decorated. Made me want to sit down there. The staff was very friendly on our check in even though they had a problem with their computer system.
We stayed in a king room on the 6th floor. I loved the decorations of the room. Color scheme of silver, purple and gray. Vert chic. The room was large and had a table, bench and chair in it. I love hotel rooms with chairs as I hate sitting on beds to read. The bed was very nice and comfy. I slept very well. The bathroom is large with a marble shower. The water was really hot, which is important for me. They have Keurig coffee makers with great coffee, tea and hot chocolate. The robes they provide are very comfortable also.
We did not use the restaurant as we had food at our event, but I have heard it is great. The meeting rooms are very nice. We had to many people there to really enjoy though as it was crowded.
We will definately return for a couples weekend. Already starting to plan this!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
I was thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and you appreicated the fine details of our rooms and amenities. We are looking forward to your next visit with us.
Wichita, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We attended a wedding reception on the second floor overlooking the corner of Douglas and Broadway. The food and the service were both top notch. The room we stayed in was spacious with lots of windows. Lots of beautiful black granite everywhere you look. There is something special about these historic downtown buildings that have been brought back to life.

Room Tip: The upper floors have nice views and lots of natural light.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Michael F, General Manager at Ambassador Hotel Wichita, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent visit with us. I am happy that not only did you enjoy your visit, but you also enjoyed the wedding reception held at the hotel. Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to your return visit.
Norman, Oklahoma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed at the Ambasssador with the family and found the newly opened hotel to meet all expectations. The manager brings his years of success at the Ambassador in Tulsa to Wichita and this will clearly be the go to hotel in this City. The rooms were beautiful and the entire staff was eager to find ways to make the stay exceptional. Free use of the Escalade to shuttle around townmakes the stay an easy one.
We dined at the Siena Tuscan steakhouse on site, the menu provided lots of delicious choices and the hostess Zoe was the perfect face of the restaurant. A poised, welcoming and charming lady who quietly took care of our requests for seating and escorted our 10 year old daughter to the rest room to boot. The only possible downside was some early issues with seating and the meal which were likely the result of the difficulties present for any restuarant when starting anew. I am sure they will get the kinks worked out in short order. Overall I would rate the Hotel a 10 and the restaurant an 8 and I look forward to visiting again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review the new Ambassador Hotel Wichita. It is good to hear that our staff was attentitve to your needs. I am particularly greatful that you commended Zoe for her charm, poise and customer service. I shared these wonderful comments with her. Thank you again for staying with us and we look foward to you and your family returning to the Ambassador Hotel Wichita.
Scottsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

food...wine list....rooms...service 5 star 3 star pricing...GO!!!!!! just for the weekend or by yourself..its a treat---Chef very creative...dinning room stunning...greta vibe---Its done very well and the owner is committed to quality called and visited with me and asked about my stay...I am an interior designer...and have a trained eye...I am going back soon

Room Tip: corner KING
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent visit to the new Ambassador Hotel Wichita. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the food, atmosphere and libations. We are happy to have such a talented Chef on board. We look forward to your return visit.
Fairway, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I recently had the pleasure of booking a room at the Ambassador Hotel in Wichita, Kansas. It is a newly refurbished hotel inb downtown Wichita, which has the feel of a high end chic hotel right out of Vegas or new York. The room I had was initially a king bed, but upon arrival, and desire for additional amenity, (tub), I was allowed to upgrade to a great suite style room with a tub and shower (marble of course), a large bedroom and large living room, at no additional charge. The hotel staff was .....perfect. Outgoing but not in your way, extremely friendly and willing to do whatever it took to make your stay as comfortable, and as pleasant as possible. They did all that and more.
I would highly recommend this hotel to any traveling businessmen/women and artists, as each room is unique and extremely well appointed with comfortable yet extremely attractive furniture and amenities.
Check this one out when thinking of booking a room in Wichita. It's money well spent.

Room Tip: don't be afraid to ask for an upgrade upon arrival. If theres rooms available I am confident tha...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the wonderful review of our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Your comments regarding the staff are so apprecited and i was happy to share them. We look forward to being you hotel of choice when in the Wichita area.
Garden City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

During the past year or so I've travelled to Wichita MANY times while building a house there. I always try new hotels, looking for hotels with jacuzzi suites, pools, anything to make my stays more interesting and fun. As a result I've stayed at almost every nice hotel in Wichita, and even some which weren't so nice! The Ambassador opened on January 1st this year, and I booked a suite for the following week. It is beautiful, brand new, with suites that have oversized soaking tubs and great views of downtown. They also provide limo service to downtown locations, which was a great plus for the Cirque du Soleil show-- no parking hassles! The decor is gorgeous, the restaurant serves delicious northern Italian fare, and when they have room service up and running there will not be a hotel in town that can come CLOSE to their four-star, world-class service. In my opinion this could be the first luxury boutique hotel here to rival even those like the Joule and the Palomar in Dallas. Congratulations, Wichita, we're "not in Kansas anymore!"

PROS:
Gorgeous decor and atmosphere
New, beautiful rooms with excellent views
Keurig coffee makers, pillow top mattresses and luxurious sheeting and towels
Excellent, personalized service including bell and valet services
One of the best restaurants in Wichita, serving great steak, seafood, and pasta
Excellent location close to the Intrust Arena with limo service gratis

CONS:
Expensive. (But they should be.)
Early on there were some quirks with the laundry service. I expect that to change.
Ice buckets are small and should be filled at turn-down for guests' convenience.
No pool on property, but there is a nice workout room.
No pay-per-view movies. (This would be a nice addition for room-service nights.)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Wow, I was thrilled to hear your comparison of the new Ambassador Hotel Wichita to the Joule and Palomar in Dallas. This is quite a compliment and is greatly appreciated. I have shared your comments with our entire staff. We look forward to being your hotel of choice when in Wichtia.

Been to Ambassador Hotel Wichita? Share your experiences!