“Super Friendly Staff, Comfortable Beds, Bathrooms Very Dated, Pet Friendly” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown

Save Saved
You added Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 East Kellogg, Wichita, KS 67202 (Formerly Holiday Inn Wichita Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #34 of 79 hotels in Wichita
Webb City, Missouri
“Super Friendly Staff, Comfortable Beds, Bathrooms Very Dated, Pet Friendly”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

We booked this room with hotels.com after the hotel we wanted was booked. We needed a pet friendly, non smoking room with a king size bed. We paid $125.00 for the room, plus a $50.00 hold for a pet deposit. There was a 25 pound pet limit listed, but we were not make aware of that before booking. No one questioned it, but we have a 50 # lab/pit mix. The first room they gave us was clean, but the shower did not drain and the detachable shower head would not stay up. We requested a different room, and they accommodated with no problems. (Sean at the front desk was very nice) The second room had the same issues with the bathroom. The shower did not drain well and the detachable shower head was a joke. That being said, the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept on. There is no continental breakfast and the parking was very limited.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, June 6, 2013
Dear KristinalynRN,

Thank you for your review and enumerating the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comment, we truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. Please accept my apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are continually reviewing the products and service we provide, therefore guest feedback is very important to us.

Again, we wish to thank you for your input and hope to see you the next time you travel to our area.

Krysllin G.

142 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Denver, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

Stopped here on the way to and the way back from South Texas.

The check in process took less than a minute both times.
Great clean comfortable quiet rooms.
It is an easy stop off of the highway.
You can get off the highway and be at the hotel in just few minutes.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Salina, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We got a great price on this hotel through priceline for a quick weekend trip. Got a double room which i think was two full beds plus it was smoking. No smell of smoke though and worked for me and the lady. Its a standard clean hotel room so no complaints on that but no frills really either. no continental breakfast. Next time I stay downtown I'll just go back to Hotel Waterwalk.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Dear coffii_howz,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. I am sorry we fell short of your expectations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Connie D
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

The front officer manager might be the most helpful person I have met in all my years of travel. Thank you Brianna!

Hotel was comfortable and staff was very friendly. Good job. I would stay here again. We had a peaceful night is a nice hotel

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Carmel, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

I generally stay with another company's property but try and keep top level with Holiday Inn as well. Easy to get to that is great. Room was above average, no real complaints aside from low flow and a long time for water to get hot. As a business traveler I want my full service hotel to keep it's bar open past 11. I know I am nit picking, there are other options nearby, and next time i will stay at my usual and not give in to peer pressure.

Room Tip: upgrade to a suite if possible.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear sudsdrinker,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your room and the majority of features provided. We want our guest to have a relaxing and enjoyable stay. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience you may have experienced during your stay. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Lera P
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I recently traveled to Wichita and was left stranded without any transportation after a friend was unable to make it (and who had rented the car!). As my job interview was 30 miles away, I knew a cab would be very expensive. I shared my story with the hotel staff, who immediately arranged for the hotel shuttle to drop me off and pick me up from my interview free of charge! This kind gesture saved me a great deal of money and stress. I am so grateful that I stayed at this hotel, and will definitely stay here again if I'm ever back in Wichita!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Wellington, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

This hotel is in a good central location to access the downtown area, it is not quite walking distance but very accommodating with shuttle and cabs. The staff has always been friendly courteous and helpful with whatever I needed. The hotel is close to major venues that I work with and have had artists stay at hotel who were very satisfied with visit.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business

Been to Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown? Share your experiences!