Due to crazy schedules my wife and I's 10th anniversary had to be a staycation. For what it would have cost for a standard room at many other local hotels we were able to get a suite at the Holiday Inn. Our check in was very easy and we were sent up to our room with complementary drink coupons for their bar area as well as a few coupons for breakfast the next day to help us celebrate our anniversary.
Our room was lovely. A nice hide-a-bed couch and flat screen made up a cozy living area and a small kitchenette area (microwave and mini fridge) made it nice for a few things we had left over from our lunch. There was also a conference table that we didn't have any use for but could be nice for a meeting, setting out snacks or a poker game ;-)
The nice thing about this location is it's fairly close to everything. If one was attending a show at Intrust bank arena this would be a truly convenient location. Old Towne and The Delano District Wichita's night life hubs are also just a few minutes away.
The best part of this suite is the bed. I kid you not this is by far and away the most comfortable bed these old bones have ever climbed into. My wife and I enjoyed a large chunk of the evening watching tv in our jammies on this great pillow. (this is what happens after 10 years kids, no kids + jammies = The Dirty Dancing movie and an early bed time.)
Breakfast was incredible. A hot breakfast of eggs and bacon for me and, I kid you not, the biggest breakfast burritos I've ever seen in my life for my bride (enough that we ate the leftovers for lunch at home)
Check out was a breeze and the cost for the weekend was what I'd have paid for a room in a larger city. We're already cooking up an excuse for another staycation at this location after the first of the year.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Wichita Downtown Hotel
- Holiday Inn Wichita Downtown Hotel Wichita
- Holiday Inn Wichita
- Wichita Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Hotel & Suites Wichita Downtown - Convention Center is conveniently located near the Century II Convention Center, the museums on the river district, the future downtown Arena and the Old Town shopping and entertainment area. Our seven story, full service hotel services downtown Wichita, Kansas, and is located on the edge of downtown with the most convenient access to all the downtown Wichita hotels to the highway system leading to Wichita. We offer meeting space up to 125 people. A restaurant and lounge with room service, outdoor heated pool and spa and a 24 hour fitness center completes our recreational activities at our Wichita hotel.Each room has complimentary high speed Internet access, new Pillow Top Mattresses in June '07,work desk, refrigerator, microwave, closet, iron/ board, coffee and 2 telephones that cater to the professional business traveler. We offer a limited, complimentary shuttle service to Mid-Continent Airport. Major local and national companies are minutes away, including Cargill, Spirit AeroSystems, Coleman, Koch, Flight Safety, Boeing, Airbus, Cessna, Raytheon, and Beech Aircraft. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.