“They always take good care of us” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown

You added Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown to your Saves list
Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   221 East Kellogg, Wichita, KS 67202 (Formerly Holiday Inn Wichita Downtown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Price
Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #38 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
“They always take good care of us”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Any time we go to Wichita we stay at the Holiday Inn Downtown. The location is great for us and they always treat us well. The rooms are the small-average HI size and kept very clean. The staff is GREAT! They are quick to bring items you need to the room (I seem to forget something silly every trip) and always greet us with a smile.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
Thank you for your comments and I am glad to see that you enjoy yourself everytime you stay with us as I do enjoy having our guests return time and time again. We will look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Wichita.

Amanda Bryant

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

Stayed here one night while on a minor league baseball tour with kids and brother in law. This hotel is showing its age - cracks where the ceiling meets the wall are the biggest signs. Everything was clean and in good working order. Had a suite and it was spacious enough. Didn't eat in the restaurant - too late for dinner and wanted local diner for breakfast - found Riverside Cafe a couple of miles or so northwest. The outdoor pool was decent sized and refreshing after being at the baseball game only a mile or less away.

If you are needing an affordable place downtown for a night or two, this should do the trick, but I'm guessing there are other options around. It served our purpose for one night being very close to the baseball stadium. Staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you for letting us know how your stay was. It was nice to see that you were able to enjoy our services and staff. We do also some some updates coming soon on our rooms and I think you well enjoy the feel when it is completed. Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know how your visit was and I do hope that you will choose us for your next visit to Wichita.

Dodge City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2011

This hotel was really pretty nice - unexpected, actually - and got our family to really start liking the Holiday Inn chain. The rooms were on the small side, but very comfortable. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

A few things to note: The included Wi-Fi was very good; the street and traffic noise can make it a noisy stay; no breakfast is included as it is not an "Express" hotel, but a restaurant is on site; the pillow menu was somewhat unexpected for this class of hotel; the surrounding neighborhood is a little iffy, but we did not have any problems.

Overall, it was a very comfortable stay and I would feel confident in staying here again. The location is fairly good and close to downtown, but really would be better on the other side of the freeway.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments. I always enjoy getting feedback on a guests stay. I am glad that you enjoyed your visit with us and do hope that when you return to Wichita you will choose to stay with us again.

Woodland Park, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

When checking in, "Ayla" asked me if I was a member of the priority club, or if I would like to join. Being in the military and doing quite a bit of traveling, I was sure I was, but hadn't used it in a long time so I didn't remember. Ayla, told me that she would try to find me in the system, and while eating dinner in the lounge an hour later, she found me, asked me several questions as to where else I had been stationed, and after another thirty minutes, found me in the system, filled out another card for me, let me know that I had enough points for a free nights stay, and thanked me for staying at the Holiday Inn. Great Job! I'll be back.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

The Flight Deck Restaurant food and service was excellant. Traves prepared perfect Rib Eye Steaks and we were served by Renee who was delightful and later served us again at the bar. Thanks again Renee.

For breakfast Todd cooked a wonderful meal and our Grand Kids got to eat free, and the service provided by Becky and Emily was excellant.

We look foreward to staying here again in the future.

Steve & Janean Mills from Kansas City, MO

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Thank you for your review I do enjoy reading everyone's comments. I am so glad to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that the restaurant to such great care of you and we are looking forward to seeing you again for your next trip to Wichita.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2011

I travel to the Wichita area at least once a month and I always stay at the Hoilday Inn, Wichita. The rooms are exceptionally clean and the service is excellent. In addition, the hotel restaurant has very good food at a reasonable price along with an attentive staff that includes Becky & Emily. The hotel bar, which is ran by Marcia, provides a relaxing atmosphere and has a wide variety of beer, wines and mixed drinks to choose from. It is definitely my home away from home.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Thank you for taking time to let us know how we are doing. I do appreciate you letting us know how your recent stay was. It is nice to see that the restaurant had taken such good care of you while you were here as well as Marsha always taking the time to make sure we have a great variety of options for everyone. I hope that on your next trip into Wichita you are able to stay with us again.

Wichita, Kansas, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2011

Have been staying quite a bit and have booked through September. Look forward to breakfast every morning with Becky and Emily as they are extremely pleasant and eager to make sure I enjoy my breakfast. It's great that they remember what I like. They greet everyone with a smile every day.

Room Tip: Like your room? Request it for next visit.