“1st and last stay at the Scotsman Inn” 2 of 5 stars

Scotsman Inn West
5922 W. Kellogg, Wichita, KS 67209   |
Ranked #61 of 81 hotels in Wichita
Garden City, Kansas
“1st and last stay at the Scotsman Inn”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2010

Has to be the worst motel I have ever stayed at. The bedding didn't look clean. Stains on the walls. The drain in the shower had alot of gunk build-up. The room stunk 10x worse than an ashtray. Even the tv channel selection was poor, some had poor reception/clarity. I almost slept in my vehicle. I am glad I didn't take my family with me, I would have had to change motels.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business

26 people have reviewed this hotel

Whidbey Island, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

It's not that it is bad, it just isn't good. Best part is it is Family run, worst part is, should have had more children. Cigarette burns in the blankets and comforter. Bathroom door doesn't open all the way because the toilet is in the way and there is no fan in the bathroom. A/C worked mildly at best. Fine if you are a smoker, but taking the smoking sign down does not make it a non-smoking room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
Hicksville, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2010

Please do not take my title to be completely negative against the Scotsman Inn- I found the hotel to be very clean and comfortable and well-located; this and the 45$ price makes it a good value for those economically-challenged. But my boyfriend and others more used to Marriott-type properties with more amenities will be a bit disappointed. The rooms were dark, vaguely resembling a dorm room. The 'breakfast' was barely there, consisting of small pastries in cellophane, and coffee. The staff seemed polite, but the plexiglass division where you checked in was intimidating and reminded me of stores where robbery is a daily reality. There was a slightly scary vibe to some of the 'clientele' outside smoking, but we did not have any problems with people or crime while there. My boyfriend wanted to move to another accomodation once he saw the clientele and the room, but unfortunately there was not much else in our price range as well rated ( by Trip Advisor and other internet sites) as the Scotsman Inn. Based on my experience, the place is good for a two/three night stay, especially if you are low on funds. But do not expect to be treated like royalty, or to have a romantic experience.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2010

The sign said to call regarding low weekly rates. There is a washer/dryer for guests.

It was safe.

We received a room that was "garden level"--partially below ground. It was a little dark.

The decor was outdated.

It is a budget location. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Joplin, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2010

I've stayed here several times and it is always clean and quiet. The staff is very nice and helpful and it's a good location. Last year I stayed at a hotel in Wichita that cost twice as much and was up all night due to the noise.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Brandon, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2010

We found a coupon on the internet that let us get a Queen bed room for $39.99/night + tax. Rooms are a little small (but you would pay a lot for one this big on a cuise ship). Good bed and pillows. AC works great. Everything was clean and maid service was very good. Room has a good little Refrig and Microwave (also clean). Our only complaint was one night we had some loud neighbors who wanted to talk across the hall to each other about 11 P.M. Located in a good area near Airport. Conveient to Wal-Mart and Office Depot, easy access to main Hwy. We've paid a lot more for a lot less many times. We will stay there again on our next trip to Wichita.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
Quensland. Australia.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2010

I did a review just now & I received the Tripadvisor form twice & believe it is for the same stay at this incredible motel as I love to stay there & look forward hopefully to go back again next year as I love Wichita & have many friends there & one friend actually went to the motel last year -- my first stay -- & checked the rooms on my behalf. I needed nothing during my stay as it is all provided & the rooms are so clean & have all anyone could need for a stay of any length. The staff are all very friendly & helpful which is not always the way as I travel all over the world & stay in 5 or 6 star hotels & the service is no better than I get at the Scotsman Inn. Can be as great of course but in my opinion I got similar service at the Scotsman Inn as anywhere. Probably more as far as friendly staff goes.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo

Been to Scotsman Inn West? Share your experiences!