“Have stayed several times.” 3 of 5 stars

Scotsman Inn West
5922 W. Kellogg, Wichita, KS 67209   |
Ranked #60 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
Wichita
“Have stayed several times.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

My husband and I have stayed here several times because the rooms have a table and chairs and fridge and microwave. It's not a high end place by any means, but if you want a place to sit and eat and a fridge and microwave, for an inexpensive price, this is a good deal. The management has always been very nice. The only problem I would write about is the overwhelming smell of smoke in some areas. As a woman that stays there without my husband sometimes, I feel safe as it is a hotel and not a motel, but any woman should always be aware of her surroundings and who sees her going and coming from her room. The rooms aren't large but for a few nights they are fine. This is my choice place to stay when I want to get away inexpensively, it's not on the same scale as a 3 star hotel, but for an inexpensive hotel I think it's a good deal.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

Let me start off with when I checked in the lady was very nice. I went to the room and looked at it thought it was fine but had to have the room key changed because it would not work. Came back later that night and there were large crickets in the bathroom and when I went relax people were banging on the windows. Well anyway then I started to go to bed and behold I find blood spots on the bed. I went to the front desk and the man was very rude. He did come down and looked at it and said I cant refund you I will move you to another room. I was tired I said ok . Got to the other room and find out the ref. was frozen up so back down I go. He was nicer this time and exchange it out with the other room. Well as I was going to bed I found the bed was broke thats it. I checked out the next morning was planning on staying two nights. Forget this I was out of there. Also no manager working the day I checked out imagin that.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
tchrlady
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed two nights in July of this year. The front desk was super friendly and very helpful. It is near the airport but I didn't notice the noise. The room was clean and the air conditioner worked quite well! Very important when it was 105 degrees! I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

The hotel was ok. It was late when we got in so did not realize we were close to airport so we heard that noise for most of the night. They served rolls in the morning but no OJ, just coffee.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Yantis, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed in Colo. 4 days @129.00 a night not as nice as the Scotsman, very friiendly staff, Ann Peters was so helpfull in locating our GPS that we misplaced in mailed it to us,you dont find people like her very everyday, thank you very much, hope you got the Sebring phone problem fixed. Pat Coyle

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Stafford, Kansas, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

My husband and I were travelling with two young children and booked the hotel online on its website. What we arrived to was a foul-smelling, disgusting hotel. We had a "non-smoking" room that reeked of not only old smoke but also body odor. Everything just felt like there was a film of dirt on it. While bringing my 2 year old son into the hotel, he and my husband ran into a man walking down the hall in his underwear. The room we had was on the "1st" floor-but was more like a basement. It was dark and dank and we didn't even spend 5 minutes there before taking off. The front desk promised me a refund, which I am still waiting on, but we will eat the money as opposed to ever stay there! Please, do not stay here unless you have very low expectations!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Enid, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

We get to our room and it is hot. We turn on the air conditioner and it only blows warm air. We call the front desk and they send someone up to "fix" the thing, he pulls the cover off pushes a button and says it is fixed. We decide to give it time to cool down the room before we call again. In the mean time I go to get a cup to pour me a glass of pop only to have an opened condom wrapper fall out when I pulled out the plastic covering to open it. My fiance calls the front desk to complain only to be told that they will refund our money so that we can move to another motel. We explain that that is not an option as we did not drive we rode with friends. I get on the phone and ask if we are being kicked out of the hotel and she restates our option and then adds "if it upsets me that much". We also explain that their maintenance person did not fix our air conditioner and that we would stay only because we had no other option. We go to the event that we came for get back to our room and it is just as hot as when we left it. I feel that all that these people cared about was our money and not our satisfaction. We go to Wichita quite often and will never stay in this hotel again. And after telling our friends about what happened they said neither will they.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends

Been to Scotsman Inn West? Share your experiences!