“Great place!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
tchrlady
“Great place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

We stayed two nights in July of this year. The front desk was super friendly and very helpful. It is near the airport but I didn't notice the noise. The room was clean and the air conditioner worked quite well! Very important when it was 105 degrees! I would recommend this hotel!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2012

The hotel was ok. It was late when we got in so did not realize we were close to airport so we heard that noise for most of the night. They served rolls in the morning but no OJ, just coffee.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Yantis, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2011

We stayed in Colo. 4 days @129.00 a night not as nice as the Scotsman, very friiendly staff, Ann Peters was so helpfull in locating our GPS that we misplaced in mailed it to us,you dont find people like her very everyday, thank you very much, hope you got the Sebring phone problem fixed. Pat Coyle

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Stafford, Kansas, USA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2011

My husband and I were travelling with two young children and booked the hotel online on its website. What we arrived to was a foul-smelling, disgusting hotel. We had a "non-smoking" room that reeked of not only old smoke but also body odor. Everything just felt like there was a film of dirt on it. While bringing my 2 year old son into the hotel, he and my husband ran into a man walking down the hall in his underwear. The room we had was on the "1st" floor-but was more like a basement. It was dark and dank and we didn't even spend 5 minutes there before taking off. The front desk promised me a refund, which I am still waiting on, but we will eat the money as opposed to ever stay there! Please, do not stay here unless you have very low expectations!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
Enid, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2011

We get to our room and it is hot. We turn on the air conditioner and it only blows warm air. We call the front desk and they send someone up to "fix" the thing, he pulls the cover off pushes a button and says it is fixed. We decide to give it time to cool down the room before we call again. In the mean time I go to get a cup to pour me a glass of pop only to have an opened condom wrapper fall out when I pulled out the plastic covering to open it. My fiance calls the front desk to complain only to be told that they will refund our money so that we can move to another motel. We explain that that is not an option as we did not drive we rode with friends. I get on the phone and ask if we are being kicked out of the hotel and she restates our option and then adds "if it upsets me that much". We also explain that their maintenance person did not fix our air conditioner and that we would stay only because we had no other option. We go to the event that we came for get back to our room and it is just as hot as when we left it. I feel that all that these people cared about was our money and not our satisfaction. We go to Wichita quite often and will never stay in this hotel again. And after telling our friends about what happened they said neither will they.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends
Independence, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2010

I stayed at the Scotsman and was very impressed with the room we received for the price. For around $65, we had a two-bed room with a window and a mini fridge. Everything was very clean and the air conditioner worked wonderful. I really expected less for the price and was very satisfied with what we received. I forgot some items and the manager was kind enough to mail them home to Missouri for me right away. I would definitely have paid more for the quality and I would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Bella Vista, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2010

This was our first and last experience in this hotel. It was more like a run down motel. The worse we ever seen. When we entered the room it was muggy and stunk like dog pee. The carpet had stains all over it. The air conditioning unit stunk too like mold and was noisy it never got very cool in the room we both woke up with problems breathing and a bad headache. I was surprise that a hotel this bad isn't closed down. We stayed here because 20 years ago I stayed at the Scottsman inn on the east side of town, but that one was very nice. I thought the west side location would be nice too. We were going to leave and find and different hotel but most were full due to all the events going on and it was late so we decided to use air freshener and tough in out.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Been to Scotsman Inn West? Share your experiences!