“Terrible, Terrible” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Springfield Inn

Save Saved
You added Springfield Inn to your Saves list
Springfield Inn
607 East 47th Street South, Wichita, KS 67216-1701 (Formerly Red Carpet Inn Wichita)   |
Ranked #51 of 81 hotels in Wichita
Dallas, Texas
“Terrible, Terrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2006

We stayed at this hotel because we were moving across the country and had our dogs with us. There is almost nowhere to stay in Wichita that allows pets. We expected a dump, but since the other reviews said it was clean, I hoped it would be.

This place was really, really bad. It looks like there are several people who live there. The outside is dirty and old. The carpet in our room was awful. I was afraid to walk on it without my shoes. My husband didn't want the dog bed brought in because he was afraid our dogs would get fleas from the room. There was a huge dead spider in the corner of the room. There were crumbs in our bed between the bedspread and blanket. The tub wouldn't hold water. My mom had a room next door that was slightly better, but still really bad.

My husband was approached in the parking lot by a completely stoned guest/resident who was begging. We got a terrible night's sleep because we wondered what kind of creatures would come out and start crawling around when the lights were off.

Also, this hotel does not have a pool or indoor playground for children. I can't see any place where there ever could have been either of these things, so I think that reviewer might have reviewed the wrong hotel. This is definitely not a place that is good for children.

Having dogs, we have stayed in some pretty marginal places before, but this one is definitely among the worst.

• Stayed April 2006

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2005

excellent staff very homely atmosphere very clean rooms will definitely be back to stay again next time we are in town thanks.

Stayed November 2005
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2005

My family stayed at the Red Carpet Inn on 47th St. in South Wichita (just off the turnpike) on a recent road trip. I found the rates to be very reasonable, $48. The rooms were extremely clean and well maintained. The staff was great and very helpful. There are a lot of fast food & other restaurants in the area wich is really convenient. The parking area was well lit, and very quiet, not noisy like many other hotels. I would definately suggest this hotel to stay at on your next trip to Wichita.

• Stayed May 2005
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2003

We have stayed at the Red Carpet Inn on several occasions. The indoor pool and playground are great entertainment for the children. THE place to stay with children in my opinion. Not a real luxury hotel, but adequate and family friendly.

Been to Springfield Inn? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Springfield Inn

Address: 607 East 47th Street South, Wichita, KS 67216-1701 (Formerly Red Carpet Inn Wichita)
Location: United States > Kansas > Wichita
Free Parking
Ranked #51 of 81 hotels in Wichita
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia and Priceline so you can book your Springfield Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Red Carpet Inn Wichita
Wichita Red Carpet Inn

If you own or manage Springfield Inn, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.