“Pretty Solid Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #56 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
Claremore, OK
“Pretty Solid Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

As good a breakfast as you'll get in that price range (no restaurant). Room was clean, smelled good, and housekeeping did a great job over a 3 day period. Pool and hot tub looked fine, didn't use. Close (like walking distance) to Wal-Mart, QT and many shopping and eating places. Only issue I had was AC wasn't cold enough the first night (this was during a period of extreme heat). Told the front desk that morning before heading out and came back that evening to find an ice cold room. Guessing it just needed freon charging. The place is not brand new but overall I couldn't really find anything to complain about.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Nashville, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

I travel for work and occasionally the customer reserves the hotel room. That was the case in both visits to Wichita although, honestly, I probably would have stayed at Northrock Suites anyway based upon the convenience of the location. They've gotten so many bad reviews...maybe I've just been a little lucky. My room was comfortable. I had no problems with the bed and my air conditioning was good. The bathroom was quite clean. Now, honestly, in the sliding door tracks for the closet, there were two 'fruit loops' as in the cereal. I was there 4 nights...they were there when I arrived and still there when I departed. You'd think SOMEONE would have discarded them. But, other than that, there were no problems with lack of cleanliness. The breakfast wasn't exactly what I had hoped for. There was no oatmeal and no fresh fruit. There was no yogurt until the last morning. I imagine the 'hot' items were fine...just not what I like. Overall, a long way from the best place I've stayed but about as far from the worst place as well. So I give it an 'average' and would stay there again for business...just would take my own fruit!

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Huntington Beach
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

I suppose I should have requested a different room, but we were very busy and were put in this hotel for a family wedding. They were quite full so I didn't think we'd have a chance to get a better room anyway. The bed was AWFUL: It was like sleeping on a giant maxi-pad. The mattress had some weird plastic cover on it, as if to guard from urine. I would have removed it but I was terrified at what might be beneath the plastic, and it made noises every time i moved. We had a "lovely view" of the parking lot, and there was a lot of noise outside. The plumbing was noisy in the middle of the night, and the in-room refrigerator buzzed noisily all night like that hum in Sedona that drives people to insanity. It was a depressing, creepy room, and the only halfway redeeming quality was the semi-nice lobby (which I suppose lures people in). The breakfast they serve is bland, and the house coffee was cold and tasted awful anyway. I couldn't wait to leave, and it will probably take years of therapy to forget this awful place.

Room Tip: Choose any other hotel!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Colorado Springs, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is the 6th year in a row we have stayed here for a huge bowling tournament hosted in Wichita annually. The rooms are very average (at best), the brunch is pretty good, location is great, but the staff is horrible. RUDE little 20-something college kid from Kent State behind the desk during the night shift needs to learn a LOT about customer service and needs a lesson in manners. WE (along with the other 600+ bowler we are associated with who stay her will never be back.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012 via mobile

We stayed one night with our daughters volleyball team. The price was great and the location is perfect to get to restaurants,shopping, and the interstate. The area is very nice around the hotel, some reviews I read said it was a little sketchy but I did not see any concerns. The keys to the room are very old school and tricky and they have the room number marked on them which concerns me if you lose one. The pool area is nice and clean but VERY small! Breakfast was good lots of options and fairly fresh, much better then most hotels offer. The room was perfect for a family it has a separate sitting area which adds a lot more room. The bad part of our entire stay was the beds! I have slept better on an air mattress...it's about as much support if not less!! The fitted sheet does not fit the bed and I spent half the night re stretching it and being grossed out by ending up on the mattress! All in all great stay for the money but if you have back problems at all or need a firm mattress this would not be the place!

• Stayed February 2012
Junction City, Kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2012

The best I can say about this hotel is that the lobby is big and attractive. The rooms look like they haven't been re-decorated since 1950 and they are a mismatch of old furniture. We arrived late at night and there was no heat on in the room - took about 3 hours for the room to warm up and it was very cold that night. The pool is very small and the breakfast was so-so and no one made themselves available to clean the tables.
Definitely wasn't a suite experience.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
KansasCIty
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2012

We got a suite, there was a lot of room. Kids enjoyed the pool area (small but they enjoyed it) We stayed in the Fall and the outdoor part of the pool was closed. Comfortable beds and clean rooms. Great breakfast!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to Northrock Suites? Share your experiences!