Stayed here on 08/21 and 08/23/13. Used TripAdvisor.com to locate a less expensive hotel for an overnight stop on a cross-country roadtrip. Recently, I have had extremely good luck searching for hotels in an area, then sorting by price (lowest to highest) and going down the list until I find one rated in the top ten. Couldn't believe this value hotel was rated #4 among over 80 properties in Wichita.
This property looks brand-new, and all rooms are extended-stay suites with a full-size refrigerator, microwave, stove with oven, dishwasher, plates, pots and pans, etc. We loved this hotel so much, we stayed here again, two days later, on the return leg of our trip.
The first night, we had no reservations, and the lower cost rooms were not available; so we stayed in a two-bedroom suite, with separate baths. The living room area had a TV, large chair with ottoman, and a sofa. The adjoining kitchen area included a dining table and chairs. Bedrooms were on opposite sides of the living room, and the entire suite was huge. One bedroom had a single king, the other had two queens, and both bedrooms had their own TVs; great for traveling with kids.
Upon checkout, we reserved a less expensive room for our return trip (two nights later). This large single room had all the same amenities, but with two queen beds in a large efficiency-type apartment. Again, it had a full kitchen, as described above.
New property, luxury accommodations, budget hotel prices -- What's not to love!
If we ever pass through Wichita again, the Cresthill Suites is definitely where we'll stay!
* Complimentary breakfast was typical of chain hotels. The first morning included scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, and assorted fruit, breads and cereals, etc. Second morning featured biscuits and gravy as the main entree. All items were fresh and frequently replenished. I believe the hotel also offers a complimentary dinner on some nights, but we arrived too late to take advantage of this.
* I believe this property is incorrectly categorized as a value/budget hotel. This property was as luxurious as some resorts where we have stayed. Business travelers that need extended-stay accommodations will enjoy the amenities and comfort.
* This hotel borders a wooded area and creek. The morning we checked out, we found a 40 pound snapping turtle hiding next to a parked car, near the curb. It had apparently wandered into the parking lot overnight. A family with small children was examining their discovery; and I cautioned them not to approach the turtle, because it's head can lunge 6-8 inches and snap off fingers and dinner-roll size chunks of flesh and bone. So, if you see a snapping turtle or other wild animals (like snakes), just leave them alone to wander back to the creek.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Cresthill Suites Wichita reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cresthill Suites Wichita Hotel Wichita
- Cresthill Hotel Wichita