“Excellent value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
Grand Bend, Ontario
“Excellent value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The suites are actually small apartments with full kitchen, dishes, bedroom, livingroom, and full bath. We had lots of room. Free laundry ( although there is a bit of a trick to securing the machines) which I made use of. Guest computer was located off the breakfast room.There is complimentry dinner on weekdays, and big breakfasts everyday. Very clean. Quiet location by a creek. One could happily live here for a month!
The price of $95 (with cost of dog and taxes incl). we thought was reasonable for all that.
The only concern was that they lost our reservation, but luckily they had room for us and our little dog when we arrived - so it was fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from the street.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean P, General Manager at Cresthill Suites Wichita, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank You for your response! We are always happy when our guests leave cheery. We look forward to seeing you in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Hays, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We loved this hotel! Very clean, tidy, and had everything we could have wanted to be comfortable away from home. Also, the location is in a very quiet part of Wichita and wasn't difficult to navigate. The extra touches were really nice like the complimentary basket and dishes for use. We got the studio, but can easily see the value when traveling with family. Hopefully next time we go it will be warmer outside to use the outdoor pool.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Oakdale, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Review is late because I had misplaced my notes, sorry. Our first room was in need of so many repairs, that it had to have been a mistake that it was given to us. No dishwasher, but an opening for one that had an electrical cord just lying there, plus broken bits of tile, sunflower seeds on the floor, exposed tubing of some sort, and other debris. Broken lamp and shade, also. We had decided to just "tough it out", but after running a bath and waiting and waiting for hot water, that was enough. Went to the desk and they moved us immediately, second room was much better. Property has an inviting lobby area. Suite had small kitchen with all of the necessities. The breakfast included was all that we needed, the usual "free" morning meal, nice serving and eating area also. We would stay again for the price but would ask to see the room first.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Martinsville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Room was spacious, clean and overall a very good stay for the price. Each suite includes a full kitchen, a seperate bedroom and living area. Hot breakfast is provided which included eggs, sausage, pastries, yogurt, etc. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Arlington, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

First let me say, this is a GREAT place to say for the money. Especially with a pet in tow. However, the walls are paper thin, the breakfast pretty unvaried and gluten-filled -- never really saw fruit??? As for the hotel itself, that's the worst I can say other than the pans they have in the room's kitchen to cook with are really crappy, old and peeling. But everything is provided. Full kitchen with pretty much everything you need.

Now on to what I'm upset about. "Mysterious" charges. Sure they have you sign something that says they can charge your account $20 a day for incidentals, however I was charged more than that as an authorization as soon as I checked in. As well as my pet fee sans the tax.
That's also fine but when I asked the staff about what that charge was, I got the "the computer charges that, not us" runaround. I asked "Isn't this the pet fee?" They said no, the computer charges for incidentals.

Fast-forward to today where another staff member informed me that IN FACT that was the pet fee without tax. So that was two people who had said that wasn't the pet fee and that "the computer charges" things without them doing it. So you see, I'm a little puzzled. But still, things were OK up until today other than the staff ALWAYS seems clueless and helpless.

So now today I was charged the TOTAL bill before checking out. Now I have over $260 pending. Another $44.60 and the total bill of $298. All at once and all the staff unable to fix it. Now I understand you have to have authorizations but one room shouldn't cost over $600, whether or NOT it's pending. Because folks are on the road and need emergency funds!

VERY disappointed on how untrained the staff is as well as the lack of authority they have when the managers aren't around. Really sad because the actual hotel is wonderful and very clean! As well as a great location.

I would recommend again but with a big warning about how much you may be charged and how ridiculous the staff. OH and forgot to add when I called this morning to sort this out, some guy passed the buck, was "helpless" and said the next staff member coming in could fix it. That staffer really COULD NOT on her own. What a great guy throwing a young woman under the bus, huh? Ridiculous. He should be canned. And she was the only commendable person working here.

I couldn't bring myself to mark my stay as "terrible" overall which is why I put it as average. You can see my varied ratings for what I found was the best parts of the stay.

Room Tip: Make sure you DON'T use a debit card and if you do, be prepared to have three times your origina...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Lake of The Ozarks, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

We had a two bedroom suite with tons of room. Very clean with nice beds and lots of pillows to choose from. This a pet friendly property for those needing one . We are going to stay here the next time were in town.

• Stayed December 2012
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed two nights at this hotel We have been travelling for over three months and have stayed at over 40 hotels in this time. Because the rooms have wooden floors all foot steps on the floor above reverberate into the room below. Not very good if there are children above you. When we arrived we were not informed that breakfast was provided and consequentually went out and brought our own food supplies for breakfast. There is no Tourist information available for guests. They assume that everyone is a tradesperson and don't need it. I still cannot come to grips with the fact the hotels allow dogs in rooms that will be rented out next night to other guests. The room was very good and I could not fault it. The hotel is located in a nice quiet area and has great facilities. I guess for a tradesperson it is very good but not for a tourist visiting Wichita.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor so you are not kept awake by footsteps above or woken early in the m...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Cresthill Suites Wichita? Share your experiences!