“Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
New Braunfels, Texas
“Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012 via mobile

The hotel was very clean. I was impressed that the hotel had a selection of dvds to choose from. We had a little problem with the drain in the tub draining, but other than that had a wonderful stay. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012
wichitainnnorth, General Manager at Wichita Inn North, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
I would like to thank you for the time you spent-and the wonderful reveiw you gave us!

I want to thank you very much for staying with us-and look forward to your return visit!

Again, thank you very much!

The Staff and Management
Wichita Inn North

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Ramona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

Called last night to make reservation for the 5th stay here. I have surgeries at the Kansas Heart Hospital and we have never had a complaint with this Hotel.But last night after I gave all my info,and had my name spelled Wrong 3 times to me. I was told ,,We cannot Rent a room to you misses Smith,,,,,you Smoked in the room the last time you were here with us!! I said I do NOT Smoke,am a Heart Patient and my Husband does NOT Smoke either. There must be a mistake,,please check the name again,he just kept saying Yes you did Smoke in the room and we will not rent to you. He just kept saying it over and over . I was angry and insulted to be accused of something I did NOT do!! He finally sain to give him my card info and he would book. I got off phone and told my husband what happened,he said if they disrespected me and accused me of such things,,then we are NOT staying there. So he called back and cancelled the room. I certainly hope there will be NO Charge. We are disappointed in all of this,like I said we never had a complaint but this was just too upsetting.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
wichitainnnorth, General Manager at Wichita Inn North, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Mrs. Smith:

I want to apologize for your treatment and making you feel bad. For this I want to apologize!
That was not our intenetion-and I will speak to the clerk!

We have a very strict no-smoking policy-and have had people smoke in the room. Prehaps it was the people who stayed after you. For this mistake, again I want to apoligize!

We want our rooms to smell fresh and odorless for our guests like you! This is why we have such a stringent policy.

Please call me and I will take care of your reservation-and there will not be a problem. The number you should call is myt cell number 316-992-8638.

We have a very good realtionship with the Hospitals in our area-and want to make sure each guest is taken care of!

Thank you very much!

Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

The Wichita Inn North is an older, unassuming building on the North side of Wichita. The rooms haven't been updated in a while, but they are spacious and clean. The king size bed was a little softer than I prefer, but in good condition and comfortable. They use smaller, square pillows, of nice quality. The breakfast buffet is amazing for the price. I expected cold cereal and coffee, but they had a waffle maker, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, pastries, and many more very nice items. It was a great value, and everyone on the staff was helpful and friendly. This is not a hotel for a romantic getaway, but if you're looking for a clean place to sleep with a good breakfast and you don't mind an older hotel, this is an excellent choice.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
wichitainnnorth, Manager at Wichita Inn North, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
I would like to thank your for your review! The only way we know how we are doing is thru honest reveiws of our property by our guest! Thanks So much!!

I am glad that you found our hotel to be a good value and location! As well as serving a good value breakfast!

Again, thanks for your review-and we look forward to seeing you back with us very soon!

Thanks so much!

kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed in this hotes while my husband was a patient at the Kansas Spine Hospital. It was very clean and quiet. The staff was very accomodating and friendly. Housekeeping did a very good job. My room was very comfortable and had microwave, refrigerator, and nice TV. They offer a complimentary breakfast that offers a nice variety of simple but tasty foods. The hotel is situated in a nice shopping area with several restaurants close by. When my car broke down, the hotel made sure I was taken back and forth to the hospital. The only thing that might be a drawback for a family is that there is no pool, but this was not an issue for me. I was very pleased with my stay and will certainly stay here again as the need arises.

Room Tip: If you have any problems with mobility, ask for a room close to the elevator. There is parking with...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
wichitainnnorth, General Manager at Wichita Inn North, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
On behalf of our entire staff, I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your response!!

We try and do our best every day! But the only way we actually know how we are doing is to recieve reviews from people like yourself, and I want to thank your for taking the time!

It means a great deal to not only me but my entire staff to hear such a great compliment!!

Please come back soon!

Thank you for your time and the great compliment

Wichita
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Impressed with the value of the stay. However, the location seems to be slightly threatening - at night the front desk has a large sliding window with a voice hole to keep the employees safe.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

, General Manager at Wichita Inn North, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I would like to thank so much for you review of our property!

The only true way we know how we are doing is to get reveiws such as yours!

Thanks very much for you time and we would like you to stay with us next time you are in the Wichita area.

Thanks again!

Flagstaff, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

The WIchita Inn North is a decently clean, but no frills place to stay when in Wichita. We found a room with 3 beds that easily slept all of our family for $62/night including tax! The front desk was friendly. Only a couple of odd things during our stay including a bed support missing so that one corner of one of the 3 beds stood about 6 inches below the rest of the bed. Our smallest daughter slept on this bed, so it wasn't too much of an issue, but odd that they never corrected the problem. Another annoyance was the 6 towels the first night, 3 the 2nd and 1 towel on the 3rd night! The final night we had 7 towels! The breakfast was standard fare...danishes, yogurts, make your own waffles and cold cereals. The location of this hotel was perfect. Right on Rock Rd and just north of the freeway without being next to either and bothered with the noise.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Wichita Inn North, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I would like to thank you for your review of our property!

The only way we are sure of how we are doing is by getting reveiws from our guest!

I want to thank you for your time and for staying with us!

We look forward to seeing you in the near future!

thanks so much!

Arkansas City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2012

For the price, one night w/tax 67.00, it was a good place to stay. The room was clean, including the bathroom. The desk was friendly and helpful... ask for an extra pillow got one within a minute. The breakfast was the best part of the stay. Biscuits and gravy, hot waffles and any other item was available, except eggs, bacon and hash browns. Nice lobby, comfortable chairs with easy wifi access throughout the hotel. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: North side, easy access to Quik Trip.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
wichitainnnorth, General Manager at Wichita Inn North, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
I want to thank you for your wonderful response!

When we get a good response, it simply means we are doing things the right way! We want to take this opportunity to say thank you for noticing!!

We look forward to your return stay with us!

Wichita Inn North

Been to Wichita Inn North? Share your experiences!