“A fun experience for the family” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 18 Activities in Wichita
Type: Movie Theaters, Amusement
Overland Park, Kansas
6 attraction reviews
“A fun experience for the family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

A great place for family and friends to enjoy a more relaxed movie atmosphere. You can interact more than a movie theater and enjoy starry nights when there's good weather. I never stay for the 3rd movie, but getting 2 can be a value if you like both of them.

The only downside I have of the drive-in is that it's a smoker hot bed. I'm fine with people smoking on their own but quite often the wind blows right down the line of cars so you can practically smoke the cig of the guy in the car next to you. Not good if you don't want your kids or yourself breathing it the whole time because I've had more than one experience like this and people will smoke about 5 or 6 cigarettes throughout the movie so it never stops.

I know smokers probably hate me right now, but hey, I'm considerate of your right to smoke so please be considerate of who is smelling the smoke you don't even notice anymore.

Visited January 2013

“Great family experience.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is an AWESOME family experience. We try to go once or twice a year. We will be moving closer in a couple months and will surly go more often. It is a great value even if you only go for the first movie.

Visited July 2012
Wichita, Kansas
10 attraction reviews
“Fun for the whole family!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

The last of the drive-ins! It was so much Fun to going in the spring and summer! Take a whole car load of people if you want and have a ball! We used to sneak in drinks and have a blast, good greasy food too!

Augusta, Kansas
4 attraction reviews
“love the food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

Love the old style drive-in and the food, especially the funnel cake. Used to go a least once a year but didn't make it this year.

Wichita, Kansas
“I love Starlite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I love going to the drive inn! Every summer I try to go as much as i can. You can beat 10 dollars a car load or even 8 bucks for 3 movies. They have a great selection at there snack bar as well. I hope the drive in stay open for many years to come!

Visited August 2012