“excellent hotel for the money.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #17 of 84 Hotels in Wichita
McPherson
“excellent hotel for the money.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed here in a King suite room on 11/3/13 for one night. This appears to be a very new facility and everything was absolutely top notch. The free breakfast was very good, they included scrambled eggs, cereal (hot and cold). yogurt, toast, bagels and many other items. Nice outside firepit in the courtyard. The parking is a little difficult as you must walk outside to a parking garage, there is no direct access from the parking garage to the hotel. But the garage is monitored and patrolled for security. The hotel was quiet and we would enjoy staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
TadStricker, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, December 12, 2013
Michael -

I am so glad to hear that your experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Wichita Downtown was an enjoyable one. I love the words "top notch," as our staff really does strive to provide the level of service. The firepit on the patio, next to our Fireside Lounge is certainly a highlight that many of our loyal guests look forward to spending time by. On your next visit, please join us in the Fireside Lounge, as we have recently just unveiled our next wine list. We feature many great wines from domestic wineries, both by the glass and select reserve wines by the bottle. As you notated our garage is located directly next door. As you know, this garage is free and is monitored regularly. I am thrilled that you enjoyed staying with us, and look forward to meeting you in person next time you are here.

Take care, and happy holidays!

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Wichita Downtown

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

We spent 3 nights at this property and enjoyed each night. The hotel is relatively new and has all the current amenities. Driving to the garage after dropping the family at the front door is a bit of a pain. (You have to drive all the way around a really long block to get back onto the street with the garage entrance). It's too bad the adjacent parking garage doesn't have a hotel access without having to go out into the elements. But it's just a short stroll to the garage. And it IS covered parking! Really nice! We'll probably come back if the need arises again.

Room Tip: Our room was on the southwest side (facing Hwy 54) and the noise from the highway was very minimal...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Lynda -

Thank you for the feedback! As notated, the hotel is new and has everything you need. I appreciate you sharing this information. As you also observed, we do offer a complimentary indoor parking garage. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Hays, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed there for the Prairie Fire Marathon. The bed was super comfortable, the staff was friendly and accomodating, gave us a late checkout time, and the breakfast was bountiful and nutritious! Free wi-fi, nice courtyard with firepit, and great workout facilities / pool. Will definitely stay there on our next visit to Wichita.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
TadStricker, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for the great review about the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Wichita Downtown. We were so proud to be a sponsor of the Prairie Fire Marathon, and are glad to announce our intention to sponsor again for the Half Marathon and Full Marathon in 2014. I look forward to welcoming you back next year! Take care, and thanks again.

Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This review is based on staying for the Prairie Fire Marathon and Half Marathon - this might not represent a typical weekend stay, but it showed that the staff is great at handling big groups with unique needs. I thought the staff did an excellent job of accommodating the runners and their families. They were really friendly. We were offered late checkout, early breakfast with race-friendly foods, and tips for race day. The rooms were clean and updated. The location is perfect, just across the street from the start line. But it's also close to downtown, restaurants, shopping, and all the stuff along the river. There is a really nice courtyard out back with a fire pit and comfy seating for nice weather. If I participate in this same race next year, I will definitely stay at the Fairfield Inn.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
TadStricker, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Kris B -

WOW! I am so happy that you enjoyed the Prairie Fire Marathon, and your stay here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Wichita Downtown. As you know, we were the host hotel and key sponsor of the marathon. We are so glad that we were able to help bring such a wonderful event to life here in Wichita, and I'm so happy that you chose to stay with us for the big run.

Indeed, our staff planned ahead many weeks preparing for the race... but our preparations were quite different than the runners! We talked, discussed, and anticipated the needs of the runners. Many of our caring associates came in early, to prepare and serve breakfast beginning a 5 AM. Some runners even joined us early before opening to grab a quick bite. Being a runner myself, I know that getting the right fuel for an event is ever so important.

Our housekeeping staff was also glad to offer late departures, as they knew many runners would want to stay for the awards ceremony. When you just ran 26 miles, who wants to rush to check-out?

While the needs of the marathon runners are unique, there is one thing in common with everyone that stays. That's that our staff anticipates needs, and wants to provide the type of service that you will remember. We look forward to sponsoring next year's marathons, and welcoming you back next time.

Take care, and thank you for your kinds words!

wichita kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

I went there as a free night using points.
A week later my American Express card was charged twice. Although it was a zero balance and I have a emailed receipt showing no charge. I called the hotel and they stated that they swipe a card twice for free nights. They suggested I call and dispute this myself. I feel so valued and appreciated. I guess nothing is really free.

It is a plus having parking for free as many other area hotels, especially on the water walk, charge. It is clean but not connected to the hotel.

The area is great but there is a abandoned or condemned building across the street. This would be a great hotel to see something at Century 2 or nearby Old Town.

The room was perfect and they even supplied me with a pack and play. That is appreciated.

They have a lounge but it closed at 11 PM. We got back after that so did not have the chance to enjoy it. This is a plus as many Fairfield Inn's do not have lounges. They have a room service delivery as well from a outside company (I believe associated with another hotel, The Drury Inn) and the delivery hours end in the early evening and charges cannot be billed to a room.

The breakfast area was nice and plenty of room with two staff members working at it. The breakfast items made it seem more like a Springhill Suite and not a Fairfield Inn as there were no Jimmy Dean sandwiches but instead scrambled eggs, turkey bacon, etc. This was a plus.

Overall, besides me having to call my credit card company, it was good. I have stayed in other hotels downtown having to pay to park in a dirty garage, so this was a plus. I think that there pricing for those who do not have a free or so called free night is pretty fair. This is goof for family and business travelers.

Room Tip: There are many floors to choose from I would choose to not look at a abandoned apartment building
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Doug,

First of all, thank you so much for writing a review about your recent experience at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Wichita Downtown. I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the room, and that it suited your needs while visiting Wichita.

Next, I wanted to invite you to contact me regarding the second charge on your American Express. Please give me a call, and once I have your last name - I may research into this further. I would like to resolve the issue, if there is any outstanding discrepancy. As you know, we do collect a credit card at arrival, so that you are able to enjoy any additional amenities and charge to your room - such as the Fireside Lounge, the Market, and our in-room-dining provided by Larkspur. At times, the credit card companies do take up to 5 business days to release any authorizations on their end. I trust that this may have been the culprit, but has since released. But, please call or email me directly so that we may double check.

Yes, our breakfast is newly refreshed for 2013, and was rolled out toward the beginning of the year. If you have not been in earlier this year - as you know, it's a great fresh made daily breakfast. We have had a great response to this, and we look forward to introducing some new additional items in 2014!

I agree that our parking is fantastic. As part of the Waterwalk development, we have access to a wonderful, close, free, and well maintained garage with an elevator.

To your point regarding the building across the street - I am thrilled to announce that this was recently acquired as part of the downtown redevelopment here in Wichita. This building is slated to become apartment condos soon, and we are all very excited to see this development start soon!

Again, thank you for staying with us. I look forward to speaking with you soon! Take care.

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

Fast checkin; great room. Nice and clean. Cable service is great too. Comfortable bed. Free WiFi that's quick to access. Would definitely stay here again. Breakfast was good; excellent coffee and creamers. Didn't get to experience the bar, but was a nice to have when I come back again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TadStricker, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Honduran Houstons -

I'm so thrilled to hear that you had an amazing time here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Wichita Downtown. A very well put, and concise review on the things that truly matter.

We look forward to welcoming you back for many future visits to Wichita, and yes - you must experience the Fireside Lounge on your return trip(s)! Please reach out to me on your return visit, as I would love to introduce myself and meet you.

Take care, and see you again soon.

Caro, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a very clean, up to date hotel as mentioned in previous reviews. I have to comment on the staff who all went out of their way to be friendly and helpful. From the front desk to the shuttle service drivers, to the bartender, they were all wonderful. The free shuttle was an especially useful service for getting to dining and shopping options in this city as well as to and from the airport. Both drivers were great about giving us useful tips and sharing their knowledge of the city. The pool was clean and the perfect temperature. Overall we had a very enjoyable stay in this hotel while attending a conference at the Hyatt, a short, enjoyable walk from this hotel.

Room Tip: I heard from another guest that the trains going by were particularly bothersome but in my room it w...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
TadStricker, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Wichita Downtown, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for the excellent review of the Fairfield Inn & Suites - Wichita Downtown at the Waterwalk. As accurately stated in your review, our staff truly do go out of their way to ensure you receive the type of service that will make you want to return. I appreciate your kind comments, and I have already passed along your review to the staff. Needless to say, it is very exciting when our staff gets to see the positive feedback from the efforts. Thank you for choosing our hotel, and we hope to see you again in the future.

Take care,

Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott - Wichita Downtown

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Wichita Downtown? Share your experiences!