“Great Customer Service. Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96

You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96 to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10750 Hampton Lakes, Wichita Airport North West, Wichita, KS 67101   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #18 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
Hattiesburg, Mississippi
“Great Customer Service. Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

This hotel was outstanding to me because of the exceptionally friendly staff. The two receptionists, Sai and Alma were so friendly to me and everyone else that came through the lobby. Even the cleaning ladies were friendly, and they did an excellent job of keeping my room spotless, every time I came back from off the jobsite. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone flying into wichita because of its convenient location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Westminster, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

This is a new HI Express and carries forward the chain's modern art deco look that it has been using on new properties around the U.S. The lobby, breakfast area, hallways and rooms are all tastefully done and modern in a mixture of brights and earth tones.

The hotel is on the very edge of the Wichita area. It's a stretch to call it "Airport Area" since it's a good 20 minutes from ICT airport, although the drive down to the airport is easy over city streets. HI Express must have confidence this area is really going to grow, because it sits in a newly-developed part of the suburb of Maize on what was former farmland; go just slightly north and you will literally be in an active farming community.

Note: most GPS may not have Hampton Lakes Rd. on them. The hotel sits back from Maize Rd (2 lane not that busy) in front of a new housing community so it is very quiet.

There is a Sushi Grill and a Taco Bell and Pizza Hut you can walk to. But there is a ton of shopping and dining about a mile and a half south including places like Five Guys Burgers, Panera, Pei Wei, Olive Garden, Starbucks and a bunch of new stores such as Super Target.

Rooms are large and well appointed, very comfortable beds, a wall-mounted large flat screen TV, and tones of red, gray and brown. Large bathrooms with walk-in shower.

Parking is weird - there are only like 6 spaces for regular cars and some handicapped spaces in front of the hotel. There's a few spaces on either side entrance, but the bulk of parking is around back, which only has one small entrance door to the breakfast area.

One minor complaint is it seems that for a new hotel, it is already starting to show some signs of wear and tear, not a great sign for this to happen so early. In the 3rd floor room I was in, already the paint was cracking in the bathroom, a soap dish was missing in the shower, there were some dings and scratches in the wall. Also saw a number of marks on outside room doors, walls and in the staircase.

Despite that, I would stay here again as long as I didn't have a very early flight out of the ICT airport.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2012

My husband, son and I stayed here Christmas Eve. First impression was good. Walking into the hotel, it definitely looks more modern than any other Holiday Inn Express we have stayed in recently. Since we are platinum members we asked for an upgrade. I was disappointed with the front desk clerk. He didn't speak very good English and was unable to give us an upgrade. Still not sure why-if there really wasn't a room or he chose not to understand us. We did have a nice size room so it wasn't a big issue. Was shocked when we walked into our room-the temperature was 53 degrees! The heat was off. Maybe that's how they save money there but I have never experienced anything like that. Thankfully I went shopping right away but my husband stayed in the room to watch TV and he said it took over an hour for it to get warm. He was very impressed with the HD wide screen TV. Said that alone was worth coming back to the hotel for. Our bed was very comfortable. I didn't have any experience with outside noises but the hotel wasn't very full either. The breakfast was very good. I was impressed with the lady in charge. She made sure everything was well stocked and orderly. If a pitcher was turned wrong, she went and made it right. Even though there were only a few of us there, she made sure everything was just right. This hotel supposedly has a bar/lounge which I couldn't quite figure out. It was part of the breakfast area, but nobody was there so not sure what kind of hours they have. Maybe it was because of it being Christmas Eve. We enjoyed our stay very much and know we will stay there again. This hotel is kind of off by itself so not exactly the best location. There are restaurants and shopping nearby, and this is a growing community so think as time goes on, there will be more activity.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Cincinnati, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

Stayed here on the advice of a colleague and because my first choice was booked solid; not the most reassuring start to a stay. Nevertheless, everything was nicer than expected: amazing-for-this-price-hotel, fluffy towels; granite (faux?) bathroom counter and full tile shower; an amazing auto-pancake-making machine in the breakfast room; a quiet, tucked-away, no-kiddies-allowed-Priority Club "lounge" with a dedicated PC and color ink-jet printer for getting some serious work done; 63 channels on the wide-screen TV and front-desk help that went way beyond the norm to be helpful and friendly. My room, 207, was gigantic. (see photos) Even with a king-size bed in place, I guesstimated that there was enough room left over for another king or at least a queen-size, or maybe a square dance. And even though the diagram on the back of my door indicated that the long hallway into my room was an accommodation to the hotel's linen chute, I hever, ever heard any noise from that.

Room Tip: If you want to really st-r-e-t-c-h out, try a room ending in -07. Mine was gigantic.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Yorkville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2011

My wife & I stayed overnight while attending a funeral. Very nice brand new hotel located near a variety of restaurants N/W of Wichita. The front desk personal were very friendly and recommended several good places to eat in the area. My only complaint was the lack of soundproofing in the rooms. Not only could you hear people talking in the next room, you can also understand what they were saying "You'll have to learn to sleep on that side of the bed"

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

I was scheduled to be working at a nearby site for 2 weeks. I prefer Holiday Inn Express, but so many new ones have major problems that I'm usually wary of using one for the first time. But I can say for sure, if I need to come back to this area, I'll stay here. My room was exceptionally quiet (major for me, I don't want to hear AC units from the next room, or tap dancers in the room above). They have the breakfast, with hot items, unfortunately at 6:30am, not 6am. And a majority of the time, the USA Today newspapers don't show up early, But that's a minor complaint. Indoor pool, with attached spa, so the water is clean. The only unresolved issue I had here was the inablity of the front desk to fulfill a simple request. Twice, with two different people, day and night, I asked for a new microwave in my room. Mine had controls in French (really), and I couldn't decifer it. Two broken promises to take care of it. Hotel is right across the street from two fast food restaurants, and only a very short drive to a plethora of many sit-down restaurants and shopping centers. The hermetically sealed rooms hadn't yet acquired that musty stench of former occupants that so many of these new hotels have (I have no Idea who thought up that idea of NOT letting fresh air into supposedly non-smoking rooms. What a joke). And, being a non-smoking hotel, everything smelled fresh, (that may change in the future; in my experience, front desk personnel do not get involved in other HIE's when I report the blowby in my bathroom of someone surreptitiously smoking in the bathroom of a nearby room). But I don't make that claim of this HIE. So, even though I don't give it the absolutely best hotel rating, it's really high on my list. Best this year, so far, I'd say. And I liked the towm.

Room Tip: All rooms should be great. Not near a highway, and even set back from the main street.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Royal Oak, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2011

I stayed at this hotel recently for a business trip and it was amazing. I stayed at other Holiday Inn Express hotels and none of them compare to this one. Everything in this hotel is up to date since it was built back in May 2011. All of the employees at the hotel are very friendly. The breakfast is good but I think they need to get rid of that automatic pancake maker that dose not work that well. I think they need to get a couple waffle makers instead. The king size bed was really comfortable and the wall mounted 42" TV was a really nice touch. The entire hotel has a really nice modern artistic design appeal. I wish every hotel I stayed at was as nice as this hotel. I think every Holiday Inn Express needs to be updated to the same standard as this particular hotel. I can honestly tell you that you would be insane not to pick this hotel.
Also, the only thing I can think of to improve this hotel is to have a better gym area with more quality piece of of workout equipment (Dumbbells, Medicine Balls, Pull Up stand, spinning bike). Go to the Holiday Inn website and check out the pictures.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96

Address: 10750 Hampton Lakes, Wichita Airport North West, Wichita, KS 67101
Location: United States > Kansas > Wichita
#14 Family Hotel in Wichita
#31 Business Hotel in Wichita
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96 2.5*
Welcome to the new and modern, Sunflower themed hotel, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Northwest designed especially for corporate and leisure travelers that include luxurious furnishings. The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Northwest is the newest addition to the growing Maize area in Northwest Wichita, Kansas. Only minutes from the Wichita Mid-Continent Airport (ICT), K-96, I-235, US 54/400, the hotel is located a mile from shopping, major restaurants & entertainment. Bringing a uniquely modern design and a green-friendly decor to the largest city in Kansas, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Northwest offers a plethora of amenities catering to business & leisure travelers. The hotel is nicely appointed with meeting space, business center, fitness area, sundry shop, guest laundry, indoor pool, and hot tub. Spacious guestrooms feature microwaves, refrigerator, wired/wireless high speed Internet access and 42" flat panel TVs. Start your day with a free, hot breakfast and spend the rest of your day enjoying local attractions like Sedgwick County Zoo, IMAX Theatre, Exploration Place, Century II and Intrust Arena. Local businesses include Spirit Aero Systems, Boeing, Koch Industries, Cessna, Bombardier, Flight Safety and Hawker Beechcraft. Stay Smart at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Northwest! ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96 reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Northwest - Airport Area Hotel Wichita
Holiday Inn Express And Suites Wichita Northwest - Airport Area

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Northwest Maize K-96, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.