“Surprised a vegetarian restaurant this good is in Wichita” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #19 of 882 restaurants in Wichita
Cuisines: Vegetarian, Healthy, Organic, Wine Bar
Good for: Outdoor seating
Dining options: Takeout
Description: Lotus Leaf Cafe is committed to preparing your meals with fresh, wholesome foods that are safe to eat. We care about the health and well-being of our customers, as well as our environment. We provide food and nutrition that support a healthy lifestyle, food allergies and a more sustainable way to live. All our food is proudly handmade in house using natural and organic, non GMO ingredients, hormone and antibiotic free poultry and sustainable fish. We feature healthy meals free of artificial flavors, sweeteners, colors, preservatives and hydrogenated fats. We are continuously improving our efforts to reduce our footprint by using less plastic, greener products and recycling.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Surprised a vegetarian restaurant this good is in Wichita”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

OK I was surprised. I had told my wife before my business trip that there was not a good vegetarian restaurant in Wichita, KS. I would say I am now eating crow, but that would not be considered a vegetarian diet.
Anyway, I stumbled upon Lotus Leaf and found it to be one of my best vegetarian meals of the year and that includes travel to Barcelona (some great vegetarian meals) and NYC.
I started with the rubbed kale salad and it was great, It was explained to me that kale should be rubbed with oils, slats or spices to break down the fibers. The kale was great and the kale was tender.
The entree was a black bean and quinoa burger on whole wheat. This was crispy and awesome. All of the greens were very fresh and flavorful.
I eat dinner out a lot for work and was very excited about finding Lotus Leaf Cafe. I could sense the care and interest by the owner in making great food.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

96% Recommend
Wichita, Kansas
“A different side of Wichita.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

This place is located in historic Delano District, among other older buildings with a story. This eatery offers a different taste to the average, mundane dishes you mostly find among common chains. Mostly everything on the menu is vegan, but you would not notice. It is so tasty, delicious and healthy. The atmoshere is cozy and quaint with an open kitchen. It is a favorite among the neighborhood and fills up quickly for lunch. Get there because there is limited seating!

• Visited May 2012
Manvel
“The perfect spot for a healthy meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

We found this restaurant on our GPS while traveling to Kansas City. The name was intriguing so we stopped for lunch. Our navigation system made a great choice! Everything we tasted was fresh and delicious.

I ordered the curried Sweet Potato Crepe with coconut milk bechamel and a side of steamed vegetables. For dessert, we shared the Banana-Nutella crepe. I'm still smiling as I write this review.

• Visited July 2012
Oregon
“This is what healthy tastes like!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012 via mobile

Lovely ambiance complements delicious and generous portions. It was so tasty I wanted to practice mindful eating! Crepes Denise (whole wheat tortillas - yum) with pesto orzo was so flavorful. Please branch out to Oregon :)

Dearborn, Michigan
“Vegetarian heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2012

This is one of those little restaurants where you know the chef and servers put their artful passion of dining into creating delectable dishes that are remembered long after the savory meal is completed. Although there are some non-vegetarian items on the menu, there is an abundance of vegetarian choices, including at the vegan level if desired. For example, I ordered the tomato-avocado bisque and the spicy rice bowl with Thai peanut sauce (cheerfully adapted to my non-spicy preference). For the tea, I was presented with a tea box, where I could choose from an assortment of flavors. I chose the chocolate-mint truffle tea, which was delightful. The setting is intentionally simple, with rustic overtones. All the dishes at our table were delicious preparations of fresh ingredients and subtle flavor combinations. Portions were artfully and generously served.

Visited February 2012