“Ammenities” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Wichita South

You added Super 8 Wichita South to your Saves list
Super 8 Wichita South
2.5 of 5 Motel   |   4848 S. Laura Street, Wichita, KS 67216 (Formerly AmericInn Wichita )   |
Ranked #51 of 81 Hotels in Wichita

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Meriden
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

We had kids in competition and knew we were coming first weekend of Mar. We used our rates and reserved rooms in a 4 star for that. Then we found out we were going in mid-Feb. We decided to save about $25 per night and stay at AmericInn. It was clean. The pool and pool room was very cold. Guest room wall unit either too cold or too hot. Missing lightbulb on night stand.
Cook at breakfast insisted the TV be on CNN? Nobody was watching that. It was clean and when we returned in Mar. we came back and cancelled our 4 star reservation. Our savings for 2 weekends $100. and we can stay in that 4-star some other time with our savings. Pool was better on return. Lady at desk said maintenance fixed it.
We would stay at AmericInn again. Take your remote to breakfast!

Room Tip: Only a two story. We stayed on 2 first time and 1 on second visit. First floor is better. Wall unit...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Walthill, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

Hotel was nice and clean which was relaxing. I was able to have a room near no other guests to get some much needed rest. The staff was very courteous of my every need. It is located in a quiet part of town with truck parking next door to the hotel to accommodate several trucks.

• Stayed November 2012
Garden City, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

After repeated reservation and customer service issues with hotel across the street, I found myself on a business trip, out of town and without a room. The AmericInn was a very welcome sight. The ladies at the front desk were cheerful and accommodating. At breakfast the next morning, the breakfast room was crowded and food was running low. A staff member specifically came up to me and told me that more biscuits were on their way out of the oven in a few minutes and she apologized for the wait. After staying here for one night, I requested that my company change my reservations to AmericInn for the remainder of my stay. Judy was very effective at making this happen and seemed to be running a one woman show. She mentioned that she had worked there for 5 years. Generally speaking in the service industry, employees don't stick around if they don't both enjoy their work and feel appreciated for their contributions.
My room was clean, had no smells, stocked with all the toiletries and my a/c was very efficient. I didn't use the pool or hot tub during my stay, but it looked very clean and the hot tub was being serviced and unavailable until a few days after my stay. The only inconvenience would be the entrances to the rooms from the parking lot. The rooms are arranged along one long hallway that is parallel to the parking lot. If you have a room in the middle of the hallway, you can enter from the main lobby (which is not particularly close to parking) or from the other end of the hallway. Although the other end of the hallway is well-lighted, it is out of sight from the parking lot and possibly unsafe. In addition, the walkway from parking lot to end of hallway entrance does not have a ramp on the sidewalk (not handicap accessible or wheeled luggage friendly).
This facility is located close to the turnpike entrance which was very convenient for me since I was commuting for work. It would also make a convenient location for someone wanting to visit the nearby casino for a weekend.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Mulberry, Arkansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Had a mold smell in the 1st room as well as a electic burn smell. They did switch our room. But there was no soap in either room. My parents and sister had a room there as well and had no soap either. Had to go to walmart to get some soap. The bath room design is very bad. Hard to close the door with out catching your foot, better ware your shoes.

Will never stay here again or at any of this chains locations. I have called the motel corp headquarters 2 times and get an answering machice and they have yet to return my call.

Room Tip: Bring your own soap.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Magnolia, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

After having stayed at a new AmericInn two nights ago in Oklahoma, I was sold on this chain. However, this location is old and thankfully they charge accordingly. The room was okay - we stayed in a king room and you could tell the mattress was old. There was a container of Damp Rid on top of the mobile-type closet. There was no microwave or fridge - which I was disappointed about, but didn't think to ask at check in since most hotels these days automatically have these in them. Breakfast is served til 10 - and today consisted of biscuits, sausage and gravy. There were boiled eggs in the fridge (at least they had eggs!)...and the usual waffle machine/cereal, etc. since breakfast is free, you really can't complain too much....it was something to eat.
This hotel served our purpose as a place to sleep. Would I stay here again? Probably not...I'd fork over a few more bucks and look for one a little more upscale....or more like the AmericInn I stayed at in McAlester which was 4 star!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Glenwood, Arkansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

We stayed here only one night. The hotel seemed great on the website. It was not quite as nice as it looked. The pool was very small and the hot tub was out of order. The breakfast was less than desirable. The room looked clean enough, but for some reason it didn't feel clean. The next morning when we packed back up, I found someone's shirt behind the bedskirt. Of course I then assumed the room had not been vacuumed before we checked in. The young lady working the desk was nice. I paid for this room through Priceline, but the hotel charged my card as well. I am still waiting on my refund. I would not return to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Wichita South? Share your experiences!