“looks very nice inside & out; however, walls, doors, & ceiling are paper thin” 3 of 5 stars
Review of SpringHill Suites Wichita East at Plazzio

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #22 of 79 hotels in Wichita
baltimore, md
“looks very nice inside & out; however, walls, doors, & ceiling are paper thin”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2011

hotel must be fairly new. i walked into hotel, lobby was pretty nice & hostesses were friendly. i entered room and was impressed, looked very nice (reminded me of european style) and clean.
1am...trying to go to bed, i hear neighbors tv playing music thru 2 doors. i put in ear plugs. i am woken up by person upstairs walking (no, not stomping...just walking) around ~6:15-8am. in particular, i hear the 'creeks' from the walking. i come home following evening...people talking while walking down hall-way. it's as if the door is not there, i can hear them that clearly. when neighbor's doors shut it's extremely loud too. later that night (now going on midnight), next door neighbors return to room (2-3 of them). i can hear their (muffled) conversation, every word.
whoever designed this hotel building put more than enough effort into looks and not enough effort into peace & quiet.
if i get a good night sleep while i'm here it'll be a miracle.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Winfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

The front desk accomadated our wish to check in early. The extra pillows that we asked for were delivered to the room in a matter of minutes. The room was nicely configured, The bed was comfortable. We had no problems with the television (as we've had in other hotels). A good variety of food was available at the free breakfast bar. None of the food items were allowed to become depleted - we've had this problem at pricier hotels.
The room was clean and in excellent repair. A movie theater and dining choices are close by - nearly within walking distance. Overall, it was an excellent value.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

Top notch. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. Clean, new, comfortable.
The bed was the best. I want one of those beds. It is close to the turnpike. There is
excellent restruants closeby. I do recommend "Cheddars" restruant next door.
One thing I learned. Do NOT book through hotels.com. They add a $25 fee onto the hotel price. I learned that through experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Tulsa, Oklahoma
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2010

This hotel has a retro look that seems cheap to me. I didn't find the lobby welcoming or the rooms particularly appealing.

The air/heat unit was VERY loud and annoying. The walls are thin and you hear your neighbors. Room was clean but just looked low-end; definitely less appealing than other Springhill Suites with a more traditional look. There is a fridge, microwave and flat screen with numerous channels.

I had very little interaction with the staff but they were nice.

This Springhill was inexpensive and had decent amenities but I definitely prefer other hotels in the area.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Oklahoma City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2010

We LOVE this hotel!! We have traveled extensively, and we can say that this property is one of our favorite hotels EVER. We have stayed at luxurious, five-star hotels, but this hotel exceeds many. Why? Number one reason: the staff. Wow....they totally rock. EVERY staff person we dealt with was incredibly friendly, helpful and welcoming. We have never experienced such friendliness anywhere else. We dealt with three different front desk personnel, and they all were so very helpful and friendly. The gentleman working at the breakfast buffet on Sunday morning was a delight!! He was helpful, engaging, friendly and very responsive to our needs. He even offered to make a to-go breakfast for one of our stragglers that was still in the room. He defintely went above and beyond anything we would have ever expected. The front desk worker on Sunday allowed us to check out late -- cheerfully, not begrudgingly. Number two reason we love this hotel: cleanliness. It was absolutely immaculate. Everywhere. Our room, the pool area, exercise room, lobby, hallways.....immaculately clean! Reason number three we love this hotel: beautiful, modern, warm decor. It is a beautiful hotel. Not only is the hotel lobby beautiful, the rooms are too. Reason number four we love this hotel: the beds and bedding are divine!! So soft and clean and comfortable. Lots of comfy pillows. I could go on and on about this hotel. We had such a wonderful experience there, and I wish all hotels were like this one. It's a 5-star experience at at 3-star price. I love it!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
dallas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2009

Loved this hotel. Using the high speed internet as I type this. Spacious, efficient use of space, very interesting and modern decor, i pod docking station, small office with a couch. price was right, great location.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Minneapolis, MN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2009

This hotel is like the pretty girl at the corner of the bar. Attractive, sexy, modern, and seemingly hip. Then you get to talk to her and you realize she's just an awful, vapid, person who can't formulate two appositives into a proper sentence.

This hotel is like that. Deceivingly attractive -- BRAND new, funky, modern and chic. I love the Springhill Suites concept. That's where the pleasantries end.

The staff here are bumbling idiots. Perhaps they haven't gone to a boot camp training in customer service, let alone a basic hospitality industry overview. The 15 year old front desk clerk put me in a room that was the complete opposite what I had booked, and after protesting, he made it seem like it was the world's biggest favor to find me the room type/category i had book. Sorry to interrupt you from texting while I check in!

And I hate to post this on the internet, but I'm 99% sure one of the hotel cleaners took my ipod headphones. The fancy kind iphone 3Gs kind, with the phone attachement built in. Ok, whatever, if they need them that bad they can have them I thought. Until I went online and discovered the headphones retailed for $30. When I called the front desk she basically said there was nothing she could do. Not in the mood to argue with and under-trained, apathetic front desk staff, I gave up and grudgingly purchased a pair on the internet.

The room itself, wich could not have been more than a year old, was dirty and showing wear already (!) Fixtures were dusty, walls scuffed, a light burned out, and the carpet showing stains. Yeccch.

I'm a Marriott platinum member that says in a new hotel every two nights, including weekends. I've never seen a brand new property so poorly run. At this trajectory of neglect, the poor building will be crumbles of brick in the next half-decade.

As a more affordable, better option there are other Marriott Rewards properties in ICT. Don't waste your $/risk your personal items here.

Oh and also, the free WiFi here is S-L-O-W. Insanely slow and the internet connection kept cutting out. Thank goodness I had my aircard. This is not a business-oriented hotel.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Been to SpringHill Suites Wichita East at Plazzio? Share your experiences!