“Perfect for our occasion” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
10% off room rate
Ranked #20 of 81 Hotels in Wichita
Norman, OK
“Perfect for our occasion”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

My husband and I were very pleased with our overnight stay at Wichita Suites. We chose this place because we were in town to attend a function at Scotch and Sirloin, which is next door. The room was clean and a decent size and bed comfortable. The TV watching area was comfortable. The front desk clerk was friendly; the key packet included the wireless password. Lots of people in the bar area for happy hour, which we skipped because of our dinner at S&S. Breakfast was better than advertised. A huge selection and food was being watched over by a staff of two so pans were always full. Great location for anyone going to the VA across the highway.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Grantville, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

The daily house keeping was excellent!
I am certain I saw the general manager at least four times during my stay and never ONCE did she make a point to smile, greet any one, or ask how our stay was going. Actually NO ONE on the staff SMILED at any time other than the FANTASTIC morning front desk lady. SHE was super (middle age African American lady)!! The evening gal (white gal with curly hair and glasses) was seen with her feet up on the desk making personal calls..... Not too impressed with THAT!
The 3 free cocktails each evening is a nice perk, but the guy serving the drinks and popcorn seemed to enjoy hanging out at his table drinking with friends more than being there to make sure clients were having a good time.
There was an earthquake during my stay and it caused a water line to break and we were without water for a day, but guests were given the option to go to a nearby hotel for showers if need be. Bottled water was given out as needed and that was very nice and appreciated.
I'd just ask the staff to be more FRIENDLY and inviting.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Olathe, Kansas (Kansas City)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Stayed here last weekend, very, very clean, large rooms, great value, loved the free cocktails, very quiet. I don't understand the complaints about smoking smell, other than people standing out front smoking as you enter, that is annoying and I wish they'd prohibit that. Otherwise a great experience.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011 via mobile

There must be a huge shortage if hotel rooms in Wichita ! $85 a night for a smelly old fleabag like this place? The entire place reeks.of smoke, broken tile in the bathroom, and 80's decor are just the highlights! Be desperate before you choose this place. ( bar next door was cool)

• Stayed July 2011
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

We absolutely love to stay at this motel - perfect for traveling on business. You get a large lovely suite with complete kitchenette for under $100 plus tax. Breakfast is free with your stay, as are 3 drinks per adult during happy hour in the evening. Staff has been wonderful to work with. Our only complaint is the smoking policy; even non-smoking rooms are on smoking floors. Sadly, the smoke was so bad during our last visit, we had to stuff a towel at the bottom of the door to keep the smoke monster out. Unless there policy changes we will be looking for a new motel in Wichita.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2008

I live down the street from this hotel and had always wanted to check it out. I did last weekend for a writer's weekend--basically locking myself in the room for two days working on a writing project. The hotel was quiet, the breakfast was very good, and the drinks were strong at happy hour. For the price I paid ($60 a night on Expedia) I got a studio suite with kitchen, full breakfast, and free happy hour drinks! You can't beat that. The furniture in the room is a little outdated, but my room was clean. I'll be there again...

• Liked — large room and breakfast
  • Disliked — the bartender
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Worth, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2008

After traveling through 100 miles of severe storms in Kansas with my senior citizen mother and my five-year-old son, I was very glad to arrive at this hotel. I doubt I would stay here again, however.

First, the negatives. I normally don't mind a "dated" look, but this was a little too dated for me. The hotel and the furnishings are late-70s/early-80s style, and are really showing their age. The coffee table especially was scratched, scuffed and scarred through many years of use. The couch in the living room (just a couch, note, NOT a sofabed) had some stains. The carpet around the bedroom window was wet (though, given the storms passing through Wichita, this could have been a recent occurrence). The wiring in the lighting above the beds was odd... my mom's light turned off mine, but mine didn't turn off hers (and wouldn't stay on if hers was off). Worst of all, there was a pervasive sweaty/moldy smell in the room which was impossible to ignore.

On the positive side, the suite was very large--with a separate bedroom and living room--and the bathroom (though very plain with white tile and sink) was fresh and clean. There were double sinks in the bathroom, and a full kitchen. The helpful front desk clerk provided an extra full set of sheets and a pillow, and I was able to make up the bed in the living room for my son. It was very quiet all night (except for the sounds of wind, rain and thunder outside), and the full breakfast bar the next morning was very nice.

I think I would be willing to recommend this place, were it not for the sweaty smell. Others might be put off by the older furniture and decorations, but the pervasive smell was the only deal-breaker for me.

• Liked — The size of the suite, the clean bathroom, and the front desk assistance.
  • Disliked — The pervasive smell.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Wichita Suites? Share your experiences!