“Good Service” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Good Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. The hotel was easy to find from the Airport even at midnight. All staff were very friendly and helpful. Common areas were open, spacious and up to date. Rooms were nicely appointed, but a little wear and tear was evident, especially in the bathroom fixtures. I could not get the TV to work, but did not need it due to business, so I did not try too hard. Breakfast buffet was pretty basic, and dinner was well prepared, but unexciting. There is not much within easy walking distance, so dining and entertainment options are few.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

276 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

This Hyatt is in a prime location in downtown Wichita. It has great views of the city and the Arkansas river (pronounced "Ar" "Kansas" if you live in the state). The beds are comfortable and staff are friendly. The rooms, however, are dated. The TV in the room keeps going back to the "menu" page to try to sell you services, and the way it is "locked down" keeps you from changing the aspect ratio or use external devices, and even the channel numbers aren't visible on the screen. The bathroom, oddly, has no place to hang towels, and the shower/tub fixtures are original... from proably 20 years ago. They also charge quite a bit for covered parking, when a free lot is across the street. The wireless also comes at an additional charge, but works well.
The restaurant in the hotel serves a buffet breakfast with plenty of eye-pleasing options that taste much blander than expected.

Room Tip: the executive corner suites have wonderful views of the river with lots of windows. I really like t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

I've stayed here a few times this month for leisure. The hotel has a friendly and helpful staff. The rooms are nice and somewhat spacious. I did note that the bathrooms need to be upgraded a bit but overall it's a wonderful place to stay. The valet parking option is fantastic and with the frigid temperatures $12 a day is a bargain. One mishap was during check-in. I had booked the king room via a hotel website and when I checked in a had been given a double. Unfortunately there were no king rooms available so I was stuck with the double with apologies from the desk clerk. One thing about this hotel that can be veiwed as either a plus or minus is the necessity for a key card to use the elevator. If you have a visitor you must troop down to the lobby to retrieve them which was a bit of a hassle when I was trying to get ready for a night out with the girls. The location is prime for downtown especially since they offer free shuttle service to oldtown....no dd's needed here! Overall fantastic stay and looking forward to the next girl's night out!

• Stayed January 2013
HRW6214, Manager at Hyatt Regency Wichita, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind response to your most recent visit to Hyatt Regency Wichita. We hope to see you again on a future visit.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Called the hotel at 2:55pm when my flight reached the gate. "Van is on the way". Called again at 3:25 and was told 10 minutes. Van arrived 18 minutes later. The ride to the hotel takes 8 minutes. I hate being lied to, as I would have taken a cab had they told me it would be 48 minutes of waiting. The front desk apologized when I arrived.

• Stayed January 2013
HRW6214, Manager at Hyatt Regency Wichita, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
We're sorry to hear about the issues you encountered. Based on your feedback, we are taking steps to improve our Guest Services response times. We hope you will consider staying with us on a future visit to experience the level of hospitality that we have become known for here in Wichita.
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for a conference. Rooms are nicely decorated and clean. The bed was comfortable, plenty of pillows. Plenty of space to work in your room. Hotel staff are helpful and kind. Hopefully your neighbors will not be as noisy as mine at 3:00 am.

Seattle
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I stayed at the Hyatt for a business trip to Wichita a few weeks ago and was totally happy with my stay! The facility is located right in the Central Business district, very close to the freeway, and amid tons of restraints as well as Old Town Wichita. The restaurant in the Hyatt is also fantastic (if you get a chance to try the skillet cookie, you will never be the same, it is amazing!) The staff is abundantly helpful, and that includes EVERYONE I talked to, from the bell-hops, to the front desk folks to the restaurant staff. The service is top-notch. The rooms are nice, large, well decorated. I was not overly impressed with the bed, but it wasn’t the worst I have slept in by far, and I got a decent nights sleep. The rooms are also very quiet, and mine on the 10th floor had a good view of the river area. The gym is small but fairly well equipped, and has a nice large lap pool. Fresh towels were always there, and it was kept extremely clean. My only complaint was that I had requested memory foam pillows and never received them, but I had brought my own pillow so I did not call to ask for the ones I had requested. I mentioned this at check out and the desk clerk immediately apologized and gave me a free lunch which was super nice, and not needed, but a wonderful gesture. My only other complaint was I felt the bathroom was not cleaned very well AFTER I had arrived (it was very clean when I checked in) so when I came back the first afternoon after housekeeping had been there, the counter looked like it hadn’t been wiped down. Everything else was clean so I never felt like they did a poor job. One note, the parking is $8 for self park (for my corporate rate it was free) or $12 valet. Breakfast was also included in my corporate rate but I do not belive this is a standard. I would definitely recommend this location, it is fantastic and they treat their customers amazingly well. This would be my first choice for a stay in Wichita again!

Room Tip: Stay on the higher floors, the view is better!
Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I traveled to Wichita for a conference involving roughly 1000 high school students. One way to judge service is by how they handle challenging situations. I can't imagine a more challenging situation than roughly a thousand high schoolers. But the staff was fantastic. Actually, better than fantastic. Can't say enough good things about the staff.

The value was very good. We got a conference rate, and so I check normal rates. Based on those, I am giving it a very good value.

Rooms - very good. Very comfortable beds and very clean. They have the look and feel you expect from Hyatt.

Location - we chose this based on the conference. But looking around, there is a lot to do, and being downtown, access to most everything you need. It is right next to the Riverwalk, and the baseball stadium is right across the river. Not convenient to some shops you may need. That's the only downside.

Restaurants - there is a great diner about a half mile away. Based on the value from the breakfast, we went there for breakfast the other days. It's very pricey, but based on the dinner we had. It's pretty good. Whoever did their buffet food needs some coaching. We had chicken pot pie and it was barely edible. The beef stroganoff was slightly better, but the pasta for that was a cold mess.

Definitely recommend the Hyatt. Definitely will stay there next time I need to visit Wichita.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Regency Wichita? Share your experiences!