“Good value for a short stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 84 Hotels in Wichita
Manhattan, Kansas
“Good value for a short stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed in the hotel one night when in town for a business meeting. The hotel was sold out the night I was there. The front desk staff was friendly, the hotel was very quiet, and the room was in excellent condition. The breakfast was not well stocked in the morning and seemed to be a little short staffed. The quality also wasn't the best, but decent for the price. I will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We came in for a funeral. Most of the family was able to stay here and the staff accommodated us by keeping the rooms close together. We asked for a bereavement rate but they didn't offer one. The rate we got wasn't horrible as we did book during a "sale." We were in five of the smaller rooms but it suited us fine since we spent most of our time not in the room. The rooms were clean. The pool was small but nice since we seemed to be the only families using the area. There was a hot tub and a sauna too. The fitness room was weak with a treadmill in need of repair but again, only used by two of us from our party. The breakfast was great with lots of variety in my opinion. I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Davisburg, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2013

Woke to find cockroaches in my room!

Hotel sign says under new management! They should get new ones again. Did not even offer to comp room.

Too be honest when I checked into room 403, I thought it was a bit dumpy, with mold around tub and dirty looking carpets. I was thankful I was only staying the nite.

Then I found the cockroach.

What was truly unbelievable was that when waiting for elevator a gentleman asked me "So how did you like our newly remodeled room"? I said What! and proceeded to tell him what I thought.

He looked at me like I was a liar. The clerk at desk knows better as she was the one that had rid of the smashed bug in the carpet. (Sorry for the next guest!).

I will never stay here again, and am getting very wary of Choice Hotels as a whole!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
San Bernardino, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

My family and I stayed for 2 nights. The rooms were comfortable and large, with a divider for the living area. The room had everything we needed including a sleeper sofa, refrigerator,
& microwave. The staff was friendly, with convenient airport drop-off service. The best kept
secret the breakfast. A huge step above continental with a attentive staff to help you make waffles if u needed it. There was something for eveybody in my group from teens to seniors.
Did I mention the beds were very comfortable! A indoor pool and spa.The hotel was convient to shopping, restaurants, and the airport. I recommend this hotel to all.

Room Tip: High floors always quieter
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

My mom and I came to wichita for girls weekend out. Went all over wichita and stayed here as we have before . They were doing some work in back parking but was wonderful service as usual and everyone very friendly and helpful. We slept in so didnt make breakfast but we were offered coffee and bottled water on our way out. This is our fourth time at staying here and we will be back. Always wonderful and secure. Also best staff around!!! Leah

• Stayed September 2013
Russell, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I had an interesting stay...I did struggle a bit figuring out how to get to the hotel but once I arrived I was pleased to find such welcoming staff. The bed was comfortable and since I had an early flight I settled in to watch TV. Sometime after 1 am I was awoken to someone rattling my doorknob. I looked out and saw a man repeated swiping his card and rattling my door. I figured he had was confused since he headed down the hallway. 30 minutes later I was awoken again by the same guy doing the same thing. This time I called the front desk and explained the situation. They said they would send someone up to check it out. I watched out the peephole and I don't know if they actually talked to him or he heard the elevator. Imagine my dismay when I saw him scoot into the room across the hall. Needless to say, I did not get the best sleep that night. I left too early (in the middle of a pouring rainstorm) to have breakfast the gal at the front desk did make sure I had some fresh fruit to enjoy.
Even with all that happened I would stay here again in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have never stayed at a Comfort Suites before but after reading the reviews on tripadivsor I decided to give it a try. I was very pleasantly surprised and will stay there again.

Extremely happy with this hotel. The suites are large allowing for a separate living area and sleeping area. The breakfast was not your typical breakfast bar but had homemade items and also a very good selection of healthy alternates to choose from.

Bed was very comfortable. Only disappointment was the small pillows. Seems like many of the hotels are now supplying their guest with the smaller pillows.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Comfort Suites Wichita? Share your experiences!