“It was a fine place to stop and sleep for the night. It...” 2 of 5 stars

You added Super 8 Motel Wakeeney to your Saves list
Super 8 Motel Wakeeney
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   709 South 13th Street, WaKeeney, KS 67672   |
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in WaKeeney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013 via mobile

A little town just off the freeway with a nice hotel. This place was recently remodeled and you can tell. The only complaint was the breakfast was minimal. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. We would stay again if we were in this area.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Laurel, Mississippi
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

Checked in late. No other place to stay so we were stuck. But 2 STARS?? Very dark side entrance. Halls and room dirty, smoky, didn't want to change clothes. Kids are scarred they now ask if we are staying in a Super 8 before we go anywhere out of fear our hotel will be like this one. I don't care if something is outdated, but it must be clean, this was NOT. However it is right off the interstate and if you want a head start on getting out of Denver there aren't many options.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

We reserved a room at this supposedly two star hotel only to find that it was nothing it should be. The wall paper was peeling with holes/scratches in numerous places. There was a thankfully dead roach in the corner next to one of the beds. There was accumulated dust on the bathroom ceiling and mold growing around the bathroom overflow plate. The carpet had stains and looked very old. All of the outlets were taken with the exception of the outlets by the sink. To charge two iPhones, three cameras(we are traveling on vacation), and a laptop meant unplugging the lamp, clock, microwave, and another lamp. The mattresses are the type where you roll towards your partner in bed as it sort of sinks in the middle. I have disk injury and I woke up in pain. Oh, and each bed has exactly two regular sized pillows so I hope you like them - and have no desire to sit up in bed. I found one very firm and the other nearly flat - neither was comfortable in the least. I was very, very dissatisfied, but given our travel schedule, I didn't have time to go to the effort of making a complaint to the owners. I find it very difficult to believe that other travelers were completely satisfied staying at this hotel. The online hotel reservation websites need to downgrade this to a one star. It is exactly what you'd expect from an old, poorly maintained Super 8 and nothing you'd expect from a two star hotel. Oh, Im reviewing this hotel from my iPhone; the hotel Internet was so slow that my browser repeatedly timed out when I tried to load a page and I was unable to write my review using their supposedly fast Internet - And I tried both the East and West connections.

AND, this hotel is located in the middle of nowhere. Restaurant choices are very limited. You'll have to drive into this tiny town to get gas or eat at the Dairy Queen.

• Stayed August 2013
Sirena S, General Manager at Super 8 Motel Wakeeney, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
As always thanks for your feedback. Sorry for the inconvenience for the water bug that you found. No matter how hard we try they will bug us. And we checked your room and found nothing you have described. And as for every thing else we did our upgrades in July 2010 and we do exceed the standard's we are required.
Wadesville, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Wakeeney is right off the Interstate, and so is this property, but don't worry about traffic noise. It's a pretty quiet place even in the rooms facing the highway. I-70 in these parts receives relatively little noisy truck traffic. The rooms are nice, Wi-Fi is free and so is breakfast. I don't know what you have for breakfast every morning, but they should have what you need and maybe a little more than you need! Downtown Wakeeney is a few miles to the northwest, but if you have some extra time you might want to check this area out. A walk downtown makes for an interesting stroll even if everything is closed. Check out the native prarrie plantings along the railroad tracks and the old water tower. A grocery store is downtown too in case you need to stock up.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Super 8 Motel Wakeeney? Share your experiences!