“Quiet and Quante” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Trails End Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Tribune
Trails End Motel
110 Kansas Avenue, Tribune, KS 67879   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Tribune
Brighton, Colorado
“Quiet and Quante”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

My family and I were passing through got into town after midnight and the gentlemen that helped me was very accommodating for being such a late night and no reservation. In the morning he did advise us where to get a good meal at Karen's kitchen. We did enjoy the stay and I would recommend this hotel when traveling through tribune.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

10 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

When I stayed at this motel over the week of Oct 1st-3rd the service was great the lady at the front desk was helpful and also respectful. The front office did not smell like wet dog so I am unsure what that person was smelling might have been themselves. The sheets were clean and the beds were made. Didn't have a problem either with my room I stayed in room 133 and I have stayed in several motels in small towns and this one was great!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Olive Branch
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

All of the reviews that says this hotel is being remodeled....forget it! I stayed at same hotel a year ago because no other place within 30 miles. Was told at that time that they had just bought hotel and was in process of cleaning and remodeling. Thinking that there would be a hugh difference, I called and was told by owner (who wasn't on property) that he had King NS room and would have them hold it for me. Was also told that I would have to pay cash because lady working did not know how to work CC machine. After arriving to a lady that (how do I say this)....was challenged. She told that they don't have King rooms. Ok, accepted double Queen instead. Then was hit with a $70 charge. Hoping that inside of rooms had really changed since last year, I paid. Sad to say, was very mistaken. Most horrible place ever! Called owner back and he more or less had a take it or leave it attitude. (See attached pics) Should rename motel "No other choice motel"

Room Tip: Drive the extra 30 miles to another town!!!!!!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Go on down the road 20 miles for a cleaner stay. This place is old, falling apart, not clean. The owners, from what I understand, are pilot car drivers that are taking advantage of being the only motel in Tribune as they charged all of us (12) $70 and more for our Tuesday night stay. My husband called the owner (Danny) the next morning to talk to him about our complaints and was told next time we come through he'll only charge $50. It appears there is no interest in updating or even keeping the property up. Absolutely falling apart and the grass, shrubs, and trees (can't call it landscaping) hide the rooms which make it feel very unsafe. Oh! And....bring cash 'cause "Rain-woman" doesn't know how to use the credit card machine. The owner left a person in charge that was slow and had to be talked through how to book a room. We had to help her decide which room to give us...she kept repeating 120 but couldn't find 120's key. Another patron had to run his own credit card for her as she didn't know how. The owner that we called to let know we were coming left this incapable person to run the store by herself. He should appreciate the fact that we are a group of honest people. I feel he's a dishonest businesses owner taking advantage of pilot car drivers. Note this: since last night, the owner has updated some of his Google information as it now shows a room can be booked for $50.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
North Platte, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I rated this motel excellent because their service makes you feel like your at home. This motel has new ownership. By the time you get there, they have everything ready to go for you so you don't have to wait.They have insulted new carpets, showers, and their furniture is outstanding!!! I am a truck driver myself and I go there weekly, I recommend this motel to any truck drivers that are driving or that are passing threw. If you want to feel like your at home and you are to tired and don't want to wait go to Trails End Motel.

Room Tip: It's very quiet so you may sleep without being disturbed.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
wichita
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012

The door was closed by I could still see outside and feel the cold air coming through the door. ALL of the floors are dirty. I took a shower and when I stepped out my feet became covered in dirt, hair, and everything else on the floor. Speaking of the shower the down spout was wrapped in duct tape so that the water will kick on through the shower head.
I will never stay here again. Drive any direction to a bigger town with better hotel!

Room Tip: A different hotel/motel
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2009

I have stayed there before it was real bad BUT THE NEW OWNERS are awesome they have cleaned up the place new paint new towels and sheets and pillows I stay there every chance I get its nice and clean with a Freindly Feel

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Trails End Motel? Share your experiences!