“An Average Hampton Inn” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Shawnee
Mancos, Colorado
“An Average Hampton Inn”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

As far as Hampton Inns go, this one is pretty average and starting to show some aging ... but still a great place to stay. The TV in my room was broke, but they were good to fix it. I've seen Hampton Inns offer a little more food than they did in their morning breakfast, but still not bad. Kathy was good to help me at the front desk with a change to my reservation, but she must have been having a bad day as she didn't seem to want to smile. I wish that the rooms had actual thermostats where you can select a temperature rather than having to do so from the window unit. But again, an alright (and convenient!) place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Randy B, General Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City/Shawnee Mission, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for your time and for your comments you have posted. I do want to let you know that we are set to remodel the entire lobby to the new Hampton Inn Lobby. We are awaiting our approval and should have it done very soon now. I think this will help show we are updating our hotel. I do appreciate your business and can''t wait for you to see our new lobby. If you have any questions or additional comments, please feel free to contact me at 913-754-3885.

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great area right off I 435. Near shopping in Overland Park and Legends. Great restaurants close by. Can't beat the price for quality. Great breakfast! Helpful and professional hotel staff. Highly recommend!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The staff is the best. Everyone was helpful and friendly. Nice breakfast and wonderful choice of food. The room was clean and the beds are very comfortable. Bathroom was cleaned daily and amenities were lovely. I always stay at this hotel when in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We had a house fire and this was the only hotel that would work with our insurance to give us a place to live for a week or so..... that week turned into a month+ while the insurance found us a rental home. We had meet some of the staff and one of the housekeepers had gone thought toys with her daughter and brought our daughter toys since our daughter had lost all of hers. Then we went up to use the microwave up front all the time and if we weren't doing that we were eating out which was quite painful on the wallet. About our second week into our stay the owner, managers, and staff had bought us a microwave. That help out greatly! We did have the plastic piece on the toilet handle break but they instantly replaced it with metal and we had no other problems. Every one was great and so helpful! It was very hard to leave. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Olathe, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

The staff was friendly. They helped me with directions and also had some recommendations. The breakfast was very busy, but the staff was working very hard to keep a nice variety of food stocked and breakfast area well maintained. My kids and I enjoyed the entire stay! It was also nice to have the added security with an off duty officer available.

Room Tip: For me, it was perfect to have the room right across from the pool!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stayed here MANY times as this Hampton Inn is close to my company's headquarters. It's your "basic" Hampton Inn - a little on the older side and showing it. The rooms are generally clean and the staff is friendly enough. The location is very good for restaurants nearby (relative to the fact that you are in Shawnee, KS) and there's a movie theater right across the parking lot if you have free time to kill. Parking is ample and close.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Fayetteville,ar.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We booked this hotel because it was close to friends we were visiting. The refrigerator in my room so moldy i was afaid to use it but over all the room and hotel was clean. The rate was a little high but it is in Johnson county and everything there is over priced. My one real complaint was about the breakfast buffet. The scrambled eggs were dry, there was no sausage or bacon and the potatos were cold and raw. On top of that there was no wheat bread for toast. How do you run out of wheat in Kansas?

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Randy B, Manager at Hampton Inn Kansas City/Shawnee Mission, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our hotel. Also, thank you for letting me know about the issues you had with the breakfast and the refridgerator. I would be more than happy to talk to you aboue these issues and also to get more information about your dates of stay so that we can pinpoint and resolve these issues. Please feel free to contact me at (913)248-1900 and ask for Randy Bull. Again, thank you for your feedback and my sincerest apologies for your inconvenience. Sincerely, Randy and your friends at the Hampton Inn - Shawnee, KS.

Been to Hampton Inn Kansas City/Shawnee Mission? Share your experiences!