“Do not stay in Scott City - Stay in Oakley” 4 of 5 stars

Stay 2X get $50 gift card
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Scott City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Stamford, Connecticut
“Do not stay in Scott City - Stay in Oakley”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

While the Best Western is a good hotel with friendly staff and comfortable beds, Scott City has little to offer. Very few restaurants and police offers that prey on tourists from out of town. The speed limit is 20 mph and the police will pull you over for going a couple of miles over the speed limit.

Do not stay in Scott City. You will be disappointed. It is probably the worst town considering there are tourist attractions nearby. It is impossible to find any good restaurants. Oakley has a lot more to offer.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Averil B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 26, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property and our community. I am glad that your experience at the hotel exceeded your expectations and that you found our staff friendly. As a staff, we believe that it is important to treat our guests with the level of care that we would like to be treated when we travel. I am glad that we accomplished that. However, I do apologize concerning the unfriendliness of the community. I will share this review with the appropriate city officials. Again, thank you for responding and I hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Peoria, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here two times 4 years apart - both because i was in town for a wedding. Not many options for lodging so nice to have this choice. Rooms are average but the price is right. Breakfast is above average hot breakfast considering it's included with the room. The staff isn't overly friendly particularily if it's busy in the breakfast room. The lady was tired and busy but I don't think that means she should growl at the customers.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Averil B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
I would like to thank you for writing a review of our hotel! We take all reviews to heart and use them as a tool in order for us to improve, as well as continue to do the things that please our guests. I am glad that you felt that you received good value for your money. I am sorry that your experience with the breakfast staff was not a pleasant one....I do share every review on this website with our staff so they are aware what our guests are saying about us. With that being said, I hope you don't wait another four years to visit Scott City! If you are ever in the area again, we would love to have you as our guest. Again, thank you for the review and safe travels to you!
San Antonio, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

One night stay. Good experience BUT My room had the slight odor of diesel.... I noticed lots of oilfield workers stay at this place. I had been on the road all day and it was the last room available. The staff took note of this.

Breakfast was great...I like their 'tornadoes' looks like a tortilla wrap with sausage, cheese and egg.

Overall good experience and will stay there again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Averil B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of our property! I am sorry that you experienced a problem in your room regarding diesel smell. I am very happy that you took the time to mention this to a staff member. We can address this issue so future guests will not have to experience this. I am also happy that you enjoyed our full breakfast. I will mention this to our breakfast supervisor so she can include the tornadoes with future menus!

Again, thank you for speaking directly with our staff regarding your experience. It is with feedback and open communication from our guests we can continue to improve
Monticello, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Traveling back from a 3 week vacation west where we came across some nice and not so nice places to rest.
The Best Western El-Quartelejo Inn located in Scott City Kansas was a true gem. Clean, clean, clean! The staff was helpful and the hotel was the "Best" we stayed in on our adventure. Hats off to them.
beth

Room Tip: No complaints, they gladly put on the side where we parked our motorcycle.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Averil B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so glad that you thought so highly of our hotel and the service you received while you stayed here. As a staff, we strive to provide an experience that we would expect if we were traveling as guests. It's nice to be known as being clean, helpful and friendly!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and keep us in mind whenever you are in our area again!
Scott City, KS, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Rude people, beds not comfortable, watered down juice. Clean room, especially the restroom area. Only problem with restroom is that the shower head what placed for short people and the head would not move from the back of the tub.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

I would like to begin this response by thanking you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I believe I visited with you over the telephone regarding your experience while you were a guest here. Like I stated on the phone, I did have a meeting with my department supervisors and shared with them your property survey--and, in turn, they will share it with the employees they supervise. Having said this, we are using this as a learning tool and we are moving forward. I hope that you will give us another try.

For future reference, if you feel that you are being treated in a rude manner or something else isn't meeting your expectations, please have the desk clerk on duty call me or the front desk manager--one of us is always a phone call away and would have been happy to visit with you and correct the problem while you were here. It is our goal to correct the problem before it becomes a complaint--but we cannot do this without open communication from you, the guest.

Again, thank you for responding and I hope to see you soon!
SAYRE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We were headed home from S.Dakota and were much relieved to find this hotel still had vacancies for the night. The staff members were helpful, friendly, and courteous, and our room was immaculately clean with comfortable beds.This motel had a large, clean pool and hot tub and served an excellent full breakfast as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Averil B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of our property! I am so glad that our staff and facilites exceeded your expectations in the area of guest satisfaction! The pool and spa area is a popular place for guests. I am also glad that you found the area clean and inviting-- as well as the breakfast offerings being a positive experience for you. As a staff, we want to be sure that our guests are treated as a part of our family! Again, thank you for responding and we hope to see you again!

Been to BEST WESTERN El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!