“excellent place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Save up to 20%
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Scott City
TERRELL
“excellent place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Enjoyed this property. After being on the road 3 weeks, and just being dog-dead tired by the time we drove into Scott City, this was the best property we had stayed in. Staff was courteous, bed was wonderful. We had a free hot breakfast as well the option to make our own waffles with sugar-free syrup (diabetic traveling companion). We hit the hot tub and indoor pool prior to going to bed. We were in the room closest to the front desk and it was not noisy. I Will stay again if in the area and will recommend to others. Thank you. L

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Averil B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 8, 2012
On behalf of the entire team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property. I am so glad that your experience with us was comfortable, quiet and tailored to your travel needs. Our goal is to be friendly, helpful and welcoming to every guest, every time.
We are truly committed to providing "hometown hospitality" in a rural setting. I sure hope you can stay with us again and see what else our community has to offer--such as our beautiful Lake Scott State Park, El Quartelejo Museum and Monument Rock Chalk Pyramids. Again, thank you for the review and enjoy the rest of your summer!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

We had a nice and relaxing stay in this place, maybe because the construction activity next door, about which earlier reviewers complain, seems to have ended (there's a brand new building down the road). About the staff: yes, one lady was rather curt with me on the telephone, calling about availability, but once we got there, nothing but neighbourliness. Who knows, maybe we were the first European tourists there in ages.. Anyhow, nice stay in a down home atmosphere.

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 4, 2012
Thank you for writing a review of our property on Trip Advisor. I am so glad that your experience was pleasant and the staff was neighborly. We pride ourselves in "home town hospitality." We like to be noted for treating our guests like family. If you ever return to the U.S. in the future, we would love to see you again!!

Safe Travels!
Janesville, Wisconsin, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

We spent two days here and the staff made it a pleasant experience. I would recommend it to anyone wanting to spend time in the Scott City area.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at BEST WESTERN El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
I would like to thank you for writing a review of our property! As a staff, it pleases us when we have exceeded guest expectations. We take pride in our hotel and our community. If you ever return to the area, please check out our museum, lake and chalk pyramids--all within a short driving distance from Scott City. Our front desk staff would be more than happy to give you directions and other information. Again, thank you for responding and enjoy the rest of your summer!
Euless, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

I've traveled to Scott City several times over the last 6 years but have never stayed in town because of the lack of good hotel chains. But the Best Western was new so I decided to give it a shot. I was very pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. Despite other reviews here, I didn't have any trouble with noise. It may have been an off-week for them. I've had similar experiences when sharing my hotel with Little League teams - it happens. Again, the hotel was quiet enough when I stayed there.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I am so glad that your stay with us was quiet and positive! We as a staff make every effort to make sure your stay is like "home away from home!" We pride ourselves in the area of "small town hospitality" to all our guests. Again, thank you for writing a review and hope to see you soon!
Glenwood Springs
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

They need to drop the Suites from the name. This motel is pretty weak and way over priced. Very noisy from all the oil field workers and don't plan on sleeping past 6 am, won't happen with all the oil field people leaving for work and yelling in the k
Hallways. They have granite counter tops in bathrooms but they should have used that money to upgrade the super cheap plastic tubs that squeak like crazy while you stand there showering. I will drive right past this place next time. Also the location is awful, only restaurant within walking distance is Wendy's. This is a very average road side motel with a big price tag. I do have to say it is clean and they do have a BBQ grill to use and an indoor pool. Parking is also very limited, if you have a trailer it won't fit in their parking lot.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Averil B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
First of all, I would like to thank you for posting a review of this property on TripAdvisor. On behalf of myself and the entire staff I am very sorry that we failed to meet your expectations.
However, I would like to address the items that concerned you when you were a guest here:

1)Noise-Our front desk is open 24/7--we would have gladly taken care of anyone creating a disruption that bothers guests just by giving us a quick call at the desk.

2)Squeaky tubs-Since our property has been open for almost four years, we are in the process of deciding what areas are in the most need of replacement. I do appreciate your input regarding the tubs and I will put it on our list.

3)Parking-Since the property located to the south of us is now developed, parking is a concern for our guests who drive semis or pull large trailers. We do have a outer road which is located directly to the west of us which is easy to enter and exit. We furnish parking permits to those who have these vehicles. Guests with these vehicles need to alert the front desk clerk upon check-in so a permit could be issued.

4)Value for Price Paid-I did some research within a 50-mile radius of our community of what other branded hotels are charging their guests. I found that we are very comparable (and in some cases a little lower) in price than our counterparts.

Finally, I hope this does help clarify any problems that you may have had with your experience with us. Please keep us in mind when you are ever in our area again. If you find yourself in Scott City on a leisure visit, I would definately suggest visiting our beautiful Lake Scott State Park and Monument Rock Chalk Pyramids--both located within 30 miles of the city limits. We can also direct you to some of our local food establishments.

Enjoy your summer!
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Beautiful little New Motel. A odor free Improvement over Garden City. Great stay!

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Averil B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2012
It is a pleasure to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable! As a matter of fact, we will be celebrating our 4th anniversary on July 1, so your "beautiful new motel" statement was an outstanding compliment to the employees of this property! If you are in the area again, I highly suggest checking out our beautiful Lake Scott State Park, El Quartelejo museum and the breathtaking Monument Rock chalk pyramids-located roughly 25 miles straight north of us. Enjoy your summer and hope to see you again soon!
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

We stayed at this lovely hotel on our way to Dodge City, and it was the best night we had in Kansas! Hotel was new, beautiful, clean, and Averil at the front desk could not have been more welcoming; in fact, she sent us to a great historic place for dinner as well. Our experience in Scott City was very positive, and we'd love to stay there again if we pass that way.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Averil B, General Manager at BEST WESTERN El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
On behalf of myself and the entire staff of El Quartelejo Inn and Suites, I am so happy that your stay with us was pleasant, and memorable!! As a part of a small community, we take great pride in our town and our area. Our goal is to make every guest feel at home. Again, it was a pleasure to meet you and surpass your level of expectations. We hope to see you again. Happy travels!

Been to BEST WESTERN El-Quartelejo Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!