“Consistently good” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel many times on business. The staff are always very friendly and helpful. The beds are comfortable, the shower is hot and the internet service is consistent, so it is perfect for business travel. The rooms are usually very clean and the breakfast offers good choices.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The Hampton Inn does it again! What's that? Hampton Inn is always reliable. They are super clean, beds are comfy, good breakfast choices in the morning. My only "complaint" (if you can really call it that!!) is that we had not planned on being in Salina that night. We left Dallas at about 8:15 p.m. to try to avoid bad weather then next day. So, we were on the road when we decided that we just wouldn't be able to make it past Salina. We looked on my iPad to see if they had rooms with a government rate (because my hubs can get the government rate through work), and it showed that they did in fact have a room with a government rate of about $83/night. Because we weren't going to be there until about 2:30 a.m., my husband said it would be best to call to make sure that they knew we would be late, and reserve with them directly. My husband called the Hampton Inn, and they said that didn't have any rooms with the government rate. We were only going to be there for about 4 hours, and the rate would be about $128... for four hours. So, we hung up, dejected, thinking we were going to be stuck in a cruddy motel, or have to drive the extra three hours home. My husband called back and pointed out that there were government rate rooms listed online. They explained that we would have to book online to get the government rate. So, thank heavens for the iPad, we got the government rate.

Room Tip: We just had a plain old two queen size bed room. We were exhausted, and couldn't have been happ...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Longmont, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel multiple times when on business trips in the area. The staff is always friendly and welcoming and the hotel is typical for a Hampton Inn. The rooms and facilities are typically Hampton, which is why I primarily stay at Hampton's when I travel. I only had one minor complaint, and it's the same for all Hampton Inn locations: the internet is way too slow to get any work done. I mentioned that to the staff and received a nice e-mail from the hotel Manager letting me know that they are working toward faster internet. I found the workout room nice and newly updated. The hotel is near the Interstate, so it is convenient on and off. It's also near many local and chain eating places so finding food is no problem.

Room Tip: This hotel is located adjacent the Interstate, so if you need a quieter room, you should ask for one...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
KC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Clean, fairly new Hampton Inn. Work out room was very nice with updated treadmills and TV's. The location was also good for me since it was near the highway. Was satisfied with my stay and would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at the Hampton Inn on a business trip in late September. The Hampton Inn was functional, and my experience was as expected. The hotel is in a good location (next to the highway, but not too close; near restaurants), but quiet.

Check in - quick and efficient (even with signing up for the Hilton rewards program). Check out took longer because of computer issues.

The room and bed were both comfortable, but spartan. I had some trouble maintaining a steady comfortable temperature (but that is common in hotels).

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, especially for a quick, overnight stay (there is an indoor pool, so I can imagine this would be a huge selling point for families with kids).

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

A nice hotel excellent service, very clean. Staff really went out of their way to make all guests requests happen. There seemed to be adaquete parking available, and the location was very close to several restaurants . both franchise and locally owned. Staff was able to make very accurate reccomendations for eating out and special attractions.

Room Tip: the staff is very helpfull and really went out of there way
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Arlington, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2012

We had an outstanding stay at this Hampton Inn. Although it is an older hotel, the place was spotless and the staff attentive and welcoming! Amanda checked us in, greeted us by name and answered all our questions. In addition, when I mentioned where we wanted to go to dinner, she highlighted a map for us and gave us a 10% off dining coupon. Fresh baked cookies, ice water and iced tea were available in the lobby on our return from dinner. Our king room was averaged sized, yet extremely clean and quiet. The bed was, indeed, heavenly. And the sheets appeared to be ironed! Their laundry must be great!
The morning breakfast was delightful: orange juice, fluffy egg rounds, sausage, and french toast sticks with powdered sugar.
We would return to this Hampton Inn again and again when we are in Kansas.

Room Tip: We requested a room away from the elevator & ice machine -- and that's what we got.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Salina? Share your experiences!