“Maybe I'm just used to REALLY BAD Hotels but...” 3 of 5 stars

Salina Ambassador Hotel and Conference Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1616 West Crawford St., Salina, KS 67401   |
Ranked #24 of 29 Hotels in Salina
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Maybe I'm just used to REALLY BAD Hotels but...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I see all the awful reviews for this hotel and don't understand them at all!! My room is not humid. There is not a spot of mold; my sheets are clean and there isn't a hole in any of my walls! Are the accouterments old? Yes, but as they've said, they are undergoing renovations. For example, the carpet in my room looks brand new. The staff has been very nice and helpful. It's clear that the management is slowly renovating this place and bringing it into the modern era. The food hasn't made me sick, either. The sign out front did not read "Ramada", it reads "The Ambassador Hotel". Whatever condition this hotel MAY have been in, it's on the upswing now!!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the indoor atrium are probably noisy for some people.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
Jodi C, General Manager at Salina Ambassador Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Thank you KED 14. We are glad everything was satisfactory with your stay here at the Salina Ambassador Hotel. We are under new ownership and by this time next year, we will be totally renovated with new sleeping rooms, furniture, beds. We will have additional Family and Executive Suites. There will be a Water Park installed inside the Atrium Area. We will have a Tiki Bar, a Full Service Restaurant and Lounge. There will be additional meeting room space. We are very excited about the changes coming and hope that your next trip through town, you definitely stay here with us.
Jodi Cross

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Robertsville, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

Everything in the room (including the mattress & t.v.) was OLD! There was a moldy smell in one corner of the room & dirty, peeling wallpaper. I would NOT stay here until they remodel, which we were told was going to start in 2 weeks .We would have left if my husband had not been so tired from driving all day. The only bright spot was a good hot breakfast in a clean area. The staff was pleasant, but I don't think they had much to work with.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for the large wedding we were attending, reception was on site. Staff was pleasant but the room was absolutely miserable. I laid down on the sheets which were damp with humidity. I then cranked the AC to high and dropped the temps. When I returned 3 hours later they were still wet to the touch. So bad so that we left at 230am as opposed to sleeping in the bed. Smelled musty from what I assume was water damage. The bar and conference center were great, good staff, great food and accommodations but the room was beyond unacceptable.

• Stayed August 2014
Jodi C, General Manager at Salina Ambassador Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, September 4, 2014
I apologize for you having to leave because of the humidity. The temperatures have been extremely high and we have fixed most of those problems. We are very happy that you were pleased with every other part of your stay with us and we welcome you to return next year once the hotel is completely renovated. We are under new ownership and renovation plans are in process now. We value your opinion and again, apologize for the inconvenience.
north kansas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Was here for a weekend conference and found the staff friendly, but the room was a dump. The smell of mold for two days was nauseating. Will never stay here again and hope our conference moves to cleaner/fresher surroundings.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jodi C, General Manager at Salina Ambassador Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
I am so sorry your experience with us was not satisfactory. We try to exceed all of our guests expectations at all times. We are a 24 hour operation and do provide immediate assistance when requested. Had you asked the Front Desk staff at any given moment to move you to a more adequate room we would have done so promptly. We are currently under new ownership and by this time next year the hotel should be totally renovated and I will guarantee you an experience you will never forget. Again, our apologies and please come back at your convenience.
Denver, Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

This place is awful! I stayed 3 nights and regret it. They have the most ghetto unprofessional people working there. I had checked out 2 rooms, rooms weren't cleaned I had to physically ask someone to clean it. They ONLY make your bed don't change sheets don't look in sheets, Don't clean anything else. My son had taken a bath in the morning and water was still in there that night! There were bugs on my floor in the room that were there for 3 days. The toilet in my bathroom didn't flush correctly you has to hold the handle down. The bathtub plug didn't work it wouldn't drain. The hall way had chicken bones and bugs in there, Pretty sure they don't own a vacuum. Worst part of all is when you walk down the hallway barefoot you feet will be BLACK!!!! they haven't cleaned those floors ever! The smell is horrible smells like years old cig smoke. The pool is completely dirty, The slide stairs have mold growing on them. The "free food" will make you sick avoid that. DO NOT stay here!! Spend a little extra money on a nicer place. This place literally gave me nightmares!

Room Tip: Don't go there its terrible and gross, you might find someone socks or undies or something in th...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Jodi C, General Manager at Salina Ambassador Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
I am very sorry for your experience with us. This is not how we take care of our hotel. I hope that next year once we are totally renovated and have the Water Park installed you will return. There were no complaints registered at the Front Desk for your inconvenience, therefore I do not understand why you are addressing a situation we could have rectified for you to have a more enjoyable stay with us.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

If you can get in this place for under $70 and you have little kids you might consider this place. The pool area is very close to the photos posted. However the pool water felt like it was about 70 degrees. Way too cold!
As for the rest of the hotel I'm sure it was great in its time, about 30-35 years ago. It has not been kept up. Holes in the wall in the halls. Carpet torn and stained throughout the hotel. I had trouble finding vending / ice as the signs pointed me to empty slots- no vending or ice. When I went to ask the staff for ice, they seemed unhappy with each other.
I had a maintenance issue I shared with the front desk that was not addressed.
My room was very humid so I recommend checking your room before moving in.
Back to the pool area, bigger pool than average hotel and an extended area where a large water side comes in. Big hit with the kids.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Jodi C, General Manager at Salina Ambassador Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
We apologize for the experience you had with us. We are an old property but are now under new ownership and by this time next year, we will be completely renovated. We invite you to return and know that your next visit with us will be unforgettable.
Leawood
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

We stayed there 1 night. Had trouble finding it because still had Ramanda signage out front. Had to ask 3 times for pool towels as apparently they only had 3 and had to dry them. Chicken under a chair in the entryway when we walked in, it was there until the next morning. A few crumbs remained on the carpet. Was afraid to let my kids go barefoot in the room. Was happy to get out of there as fast as we could. The hotel photos are a complete farce, looks nothing like them.

Stayed June 2014
I am sorry that you had a bad experience on our property. I have personally addressed the problems you mentioned. These will not happen again. We have employees that clean this hotel on a daily basis and apparently were not doing their jobs. We are under new ownership and by this time next year will be a wonderful hotel. Hope that you stay with us once again to see the 150% improvement.

Been to Salina Ambassador Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!