“Awful!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 29 hotels in Salina
Leawood
“Awful!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed there 1 night. Had trouble finding it because still had Ramanda signage out front. Had to ask 3 times for pool towels as apparently they only had 3 and had to dry them. Chicken under a chair in the entryway when we walked in, it was there until the next morning. A few crumbs remained on the carpet. Was afraid to let my kids go barefoot in the room. Was happy to get out of there as fast as we could. The hotel photos are a complete farce, looks nothing like them.

Stayed June 2014

55 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Dorrance, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

1. Humidity heat was so bad my gel caps stuck to the side of the plastic container.
2. Sheets damp from humidity
3. Mold on seams of wallpaper
4. Bathroom linen stained with black something. Rags I send with the men to change oil in the car are in better shape then what we were offered.
5. I would have left but my job arranged the stay and I was stuck. I have since informed them how horrible it is and find somewhere else in Salina. My boss and his assistant know exactly how I feel about this place.
6. All I heard was they are going to remodel. This is my 3rd. time in 20 months to be there and it will be my last. Each time they said they were going to start the remodeling.
7. A metal piece was sticking out from the side of my bed. They could not move me because there was some men's conference there. I put my suitcase next to so I would not hit it a 2nd time.

Room Tip: Do not be near the 2nd floor deck that extends near the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Eudora, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After reading comments about this hotel, I had hesitations about staying here, but the place was booked by the organization that was holding the conference. Our room appeared to have newer carpet and newer tile in the bathroom as well as new bed skirts. I did have an issue with the bathroom light, I initially thought it didn't work so I called the front desk. I figured that the light switch was on the wall in front of the bathroom. It was just a matter of a few minutes from when I called that maintenance was there to see if they could fix the problem. The point is, they have a great staff that provides good customer service. Also, It sounds like they are making improvements when they can. I was happy with the room and was comfortable. My husband noticed there was a lot of humidity in the room, but I did not notice any difference. I have asthma and typically a lot of humidity makes it very difficult for me to breathe, but I did not have any issue. Did not have anytime to check out the pool or spa. This hotel is in need of a major remodel if it wants to stay in competition, but we really did not have any complaints during our stay.

Room Tip: Please be advised that this is an older hotel in need of some TLC. The staff is great.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel was wonderful! Yes it could use some updating...but Phillip and his staff gave us impeccable service...I even checked out and unconsciously left money in the desk drawer called an hour later and it was easily and honestly returned...to me...sincerity and honesty means the most...thanks so much:)

• Stayed June 2014
Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Turned into the property and it look abandoned, weeds and grass growing wildly. The desk clerk was very friendly and efficient, the lobby was clean but not updated. Drove around to the side entrance to access our room, parking lot and side entrance also unkempt. The door to our room would only open part way, getting stuck on a hump in the floor and the carpet. Once we got it shoved open and the lights on, were not impressed. Drapes were old, lampshades dirty and crooked. The bathroom was no better. The bath/shower wall was cracked and moldy, the towels were thin and ratty. When we tried to use the hair dryer, it came off the wall bracket. The towel bar fell off also, and they did not bother to fix it the next day.
Next time, we won't stay there!

Room Tip: get a room at another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I thought I had read good reviews of this hotel before I booked it, but I was very mistaken. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! The door lock to our room was held on by painters tape. The room was dirty and there was pee all over the toilet. The pipe under the sink leaked all over the floor overnight. The bathroom had terrible mildew. Just after midnight someone started pounding on our door and then again a few seconds later. I was staying with my mother-in-law as we were in town to see a concert. My MIL looked through the curtain and told the woman at the door she had the wrong room. The woman wouldn't leave so we opened the door( with the chain lock on) and repeated ourselves. She asked if we were with "Austin", and the sad thing is that she had her daughter with her. I tried several times to call the front desk to let them know a woman is looking for her boyfriend and pounding on doors, but they never answered.

The front desk people said they would have comped our room but since we booked through a booking site we had to get our refund through them. The booking site contacted them several times and said the hotel had no knowledge of a promised refund.

I will consider my paying for this room as an act of charity to a disgusting and falling apart hotel.

ICK!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hutchinson, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff. The main entrance looked very nice but as you go around the corner into the recreation area it changed drastically! The carpet is stained and worn out, the ceiling tile looked awful and the furniture was shabby. The pool and hot tub looked dirty (didn't use due to that). Our room was clean but the a/c didn't work very well. VERY humid in room. The room didn't cool down until early morning. Breakfast was ok. All in all, it needs major updating! I rated it at a 3 due to the reasonable rate but wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Salina Ambassador Hotel and Conference Center? Share your experiences!