“Honest and Trustworthy” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1616 W Crawford St, Salina, KS 67401   |
Ranked #26 of 30 Hotels in Salina
“Honest and Trustworthy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was wonderful! Yes it could use some updating...but Phillip and his staff gave us impeccable service...I even checked out and unconsciously left money in the desk drawer called an hour later and it was easily and honestly returned...to me...sincerity and honesty means the most...thanks so much:)

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Loveland, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Turned into the property and it look abandoned, weeds and grass growing wildly. The desk clerk was very friendly and efficient, the lobby was clean but not updated. Drove around to the side entrance to access our room, parking lot and side entrance also unkempt. The door to our room would only open part way, getting stuck on a hump in the floor and the carpet. Once we got it shoved open and the lights on, were not impressed. Drapes were old, lampshades dirty and crooked. The bathroom was no better. The bath/shower wall was cracked and moldy, the towels were thin and ratty. When we tried to use the hair dryer, it came off the wall bracket. The towel bar fell off also, and they did not bother to fix it the next day.
Next time, we won't stay there!

Room Tip: get a room at another hotel!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

I thought I had read good reviews of this hotel before I booked it, but I was very mistaken. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL! The door lock to our room was held on by painters tape. The room was dirty and there was pee all over the toilet. The pipe under the sink leaked all over the floor overnight. The bathroom had terrible mildew. Just after midnight someone started pounding on our door and then again a few seconds later. I was staying with my mother-in-law as we were in town to see a concert. My MIL looked through the curtain and told the woman at the door she had the wrong room. The woman wouldn't leave so we opened the door( with the chain lock on) and repeated ourselves. She asked if we were with "Austin", and the sad thing is that she had her daughter with her. I tried several times to call the front desk to let them know a woman is looking for her boyfriend and pounding on doors, but they never answered.

The front desk people said they would have comped our room but since we booked through a booking site we had to get our refund through them. The booking site contacted them several times and said the hotel had no knowledge of a promised refund.

I will consider my paying for this room as an act of charity to a disgusting and falling apart hotel.

ICK!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Hutchinson, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Upon arrival we were greeted by friendly staff. The main entrance looked very nice but as you go around the corner into the recreation area it changed drastically! The carpet is stained and worn out, the ceiling tile looked awful and the furniture was shabby. The pool and hot tub looked dirty (didn't use due to that). Our room was clean but the a/c didn't work very well. VERY humid in room. The room didn't cool down until early morning. Breakfast was ok. All in all, it needs major updating! I rated it at a 3 due to the reasonable rate but wouldn't stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

I booked a room in advance and was greeted by a hostess too busy on her phone to greet me. She told me where my room was and when I went there it was occupied. Lucky me they were dressed. The second room was still dirty from the last guest, the third room was open and a mess, the forth was also occupied amd the fifth was disgusting. The tiles in the bathroom were sagging with water damage and the room was much smaller that the previous ones. The hostess was unable to comp the room or upgrade me because, as she had explained it, she was on her last strike befpre being fired. So do yourself a favor, if youre like me stopping in Salina after a long 12 hour drive and all you want to do is get some earned rest, stay somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2014
Colorado Springs, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

The pictures look amazing but they were taken a while back. Pool needs maintenance, it looks neglected. The rooms all bedding needs to be washed! The bed skirts are stained, sheets need cleaned. Bathrooms have bugs and piles of dirt/rust in the corners. We got into the room and a light was broken. Upon calling the front desk it was replaced. For the price it wasn't an amazing deal but to get off the road with kids to let them play in a pool before getting back on the road tomorrow. It wasn't horrible but needs some attention!

• Stayed May 2014
Russell
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

I've been staying here since this was the Holiday Inn and the nicest place in town. Unfortunately that was a long time ago.
Yes it's a older hotel, and they're caught in the classic struggle. Trying to bridge the gap between keeping everything in good repair while staying competitively priced. "Good repair" is losing. Last night was the last sleepless night I plan to spend here. We were in town to visit our grandson, so I had called in advance to make sure the pool, hot tub, and water slide were all in working order, they were. We arrived, turned on the air conditioning since the room was quite warm, and went to the pool. 50 people there and not one towel to be found. We tried to call the desk but the house phone was out of order, so we went to the desk. We were told that the house phone hasn't worked "for months" and that "she is trying to find some towels to wash", not a great plan since the pool was only going to be open another hour, but whatever. Swam, played with the grand kid, and went back to the room, which we found to be still unbearably hot. Called the desk, who sent maintenance. He went to the bathroom with a bucket of tools and soon announced that everything would be fine now (it's now 10:30 PM) we went to eat, got back to the room around midnight to find it (yep) still sweltering. Another trip to the desk who now told us that "something on the roof needs reset" and the whole property was without air conditioning. She offered to move us to a different room but said that one will be just as hot (why bother??). Our request for a fan was declined, they were out. We ended up staying for one of the worst nights sleep in recent memory. On checking out I mentioned it to the new lady at the desk who responded "Yea, I heard it was a rough night. We'll, have a good day" (Thanks...)
Sadly, this isn't the first time this scenario has played out here. The first time I wrote it off as a fluke, it has now progressed to a pattern.
It's been a long run Ramada Inn, but from now on I will find a place to sleep where I can actually sleep.

Stayed February 2014